Week 3: Buffalo (-6.5) at Washington

BuffaloBillyG

16 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

The tropical storm is going to be dead center at game time.  Heavy rain, 40mph gusts.  

Everything I have seen contradicts this.  Possibility of rain and wind gusts of 10-15 mph.  No big deal.  

Where are you seeing that the storm is going to be dead center at game time?

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Everything I have seen contradicts this.  Possibility of rain and wind gusts of 10-15 mph.  No big deal.  

Where are you seeing that the storm is going to be dead center at game time?

Same. The center might be there but all the wind and rain are focused on the east side probably 30-40 miles east.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am seeing wind around 10 MPH and gusts around 20 mph. Not easy, but seems like they can deal with it.

Those dreaded 8 mph winds. 
It’s a joke. Weather will not be a factor other than a few wet blades of grass. My socks got wet today hiking in Norfolk. 

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 2

At 8:25pm the wind advisory has been discontinued for DC.  Ophelia has been downgraded to a depression, winds are easing up. The core of the low pressure will pass over DC region overnight.  Some local forecasters have predicted by 1pm the rain may be north and east.  some sprinkles and gloomy looking but this may not be terrible weather.  Who knows about field conditions though, could be a lot of slipping.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, zow2 said:

At 8:25pm the wind advisory has been discontinued for DC.  Ophelia has been downgraded to a depression, winds are easing up. The core of the low pressure will pass over DC region overnight.  Some local forecasters have predicted by 1pm the rain may be north and east.  some sprinkles and gloomy looking but this may not be terrible weather.  Who knows about field conditions though, could be a lot of slipping.

Do they not have a tarp on it?

On 9/22/2023 at 2:17 PM, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Excuse me

In reality, timing for this storm won't be known until it hits tomorrow, which will beyond suck if you traveled to DC early for the game.

Weather.com is now saying rain in the morning and cloudy with showers in the afternoon.  Total rainfall about a 1/4 of an inch.  Winds are actually supposed to be pretty light at 5 - 10 mph.  

12 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I'm smashing that bet all season.  He's going to be the guy from the goal line all season.  You can already tell that they're trying to smash Josh into D-linemen less than before.

It'll be interesting to see if Harris or Murray has more TDs by season's end.

9 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Did you see Bloodsport in theaters for your 18th bday??

Haha...I see you're good at math, like I am ;-).  But in all seriousness, I didn't see it until my later years. However, I was a big fan of MK, especially MKII. My favorite character was Mileena. I can assume who yours was.

[BTW, you know Ed Boon named Johnny Cage ("JC") after Jean-Claude Van Damme? And that's why he gave Cage his famous nut cracker. Mileena, of course, was immune to it.]

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, zow2 said:

I sure would hope so.  But most of the rain Sunday will be before 1pm and the tarp will be off for that. 

Was listening to WGR the other day and I believe Sal said the drainage was updated significantly there and it should be much better than it would have been back in the day...

How much better I guess we will see.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.