Week 3: Buffalo (-6.5) at Washington

BuffaloBillyG

2 hours ago, arcane said:

They profile like a better version of the Raiders, while still not being great. Weapons at RB and WR, great players on DL (not just 1), probably vulnerable behind them. 

St Juste and Curl have flashed quite a bit for them in the secondary. The doubled up at Corner with their top 2 draft picks, Emmanuel Forbes and Jartavius Martin.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, arcane said:

They profile like a better version of the Raiders, while still not being great. Weapons at RB and WR, great players on DL (not just 1), probably vulnerable behind them. Howell is still very green but actually shows some promise for them. Bills should win, and are capable of winning by a lot, but Washington is capable of keeping it close, and if the Bills don't feel like showing up, they could steal one. 

yea- should be a win but rarely a pushover in this league. 

offense, at least talent wise, is maybe more jets-esque than raiders. A young guy that can move around a bit and sling it. A couple good backs. Decent receivers. Jets probably more talented at both rb and wr though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Washington wins a high scoring game. 

30-27 Washington.

6 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I agree, I think the Washington Mystics are going to pull off a victory in the high scoring WNBA playoffs against the NY Liberty. 

There's just no way the Globetrotters are gonna lost to the Washington Generals... no way.

It's happened only 3 times in over 2500 games... ain't gonna happen.

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

No no. But I didn’t think anyone would be interested in my flight plan. 🙂 SB -> Denver -> DCA. 

How long is your layover in Denver?

Also, business class?

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

But they're not a "bad team." They are kind of Patriots quality (or lack of quality if you prefer). A .500ish team that competes and is certainly capable of stealing a win against a better team.

a couple weird bounces and a blown coverage or two and it’ll be a game quickly but bills should win this 7 or 8 times out of 10

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

There's just no way the Globetrotters are gonna lost to the Washington Generals... no way.

It's happened only 3 times in over 2500 games... ain't gonna happen.

How long is your layover in Denver?

Also, business class?

I'd demand my money back if I want to a Globetrotters game where the Washington Generals won!

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Howell isn't elite by any means but can make plays. Looked pretty good in the second half last week. Can extend plays with his legs and has a lot of underrated weapons around him.

False bravado from some aside, this week will be a real good test for this team IMO.

I agree here. Wash isn't as talented as the Bills but they can beat a bad executed Bills team. 

Howell can make plays, his WR core is pretty good, and they really like to pound the rock with Robinson. 

Their defense can create quite a bit of pressure but their secondary is vulnerable. 

Really good test for Buffalo on the road. 

My initial thoughts are Bills win a close game. 6.5 points seems like a lot to lay on the road. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

yea- should be a win but rarely a pushover in this league. 

offense, at least talent wise, is maybe more jets-esque than raiders. A young guy that can move around a bit and sling it. A couple good backs. Decent receivers. Jets probably more talented at both rb and wr though. 

Breece is a bit better than Robinson but I would take McLaurin-Dotson-Samuel over Wilson-Lazard-Hardman all day

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I once hiked from Atlanta to Buffalo for a game.  I only had a pot to boil water in and a machete to hunt with for food.

Luxury,

We never had a pot or a machete, and had to eat worms to sustain ourselves…,

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, arcane said:

Breece is a bit better than Robinson but I would take McLaurin-Dotson-Samuel over Wilson-Lazard-Hardman all day

Breece is (actually was ... sorry Jets fans) a lot better than Robinson. But Robinson is big, consistent, and if their line performs adequately he will churn out yardage and probably at least a couple 10+ yard carries/catches. He's kind of what we want Damien Harris to be, maybe not surprising because they're all from that Bama mold.

27 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

But they're not a "bad team." They are kind of Patriots quality (or lack of quality if you prefer). A .500ish team that competes and is certainly capable of stealing a win against a better team.

That describes about 20 teams in the league....there are about 8 really good teams, 4 really bad teams, and 20 in the middle, IMO.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Special K said:

That describes about 20 teams in the league....there are about 8 really good teams, 4 really bad teams, and 20 in the middle, IMO.

Let's have a look, shall we??

1. 49ers
2. Cowboys
3. Dolphins
4. Eagles
5. Ravens
6. Chiefs 
7. Bills
8. Falcons
9. Bucs
10. Seahawks
11. Lions
12. Saints
13. Jaguars
14. Packers
15. Commanders
16. Steelers
17. Titans
18. Rams
19. Colts
20. Browns
21. Chargers 
22. Jets
23. Bengals
24. Raiders
25. Vikings 
26. Patriots 
27. Giants 
28. Broncos 
29. Panthers 
30. Texans 
31. Cardinals 
32. Bears 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Sam Howell is the real deal.

This is a good spot for Buffalo.  Washington is over the top with giddiness being 2-0.  Sam Howell, while playing well, is drunk with the big play and tight window throws from Denver that worked out.  He's going to come out over-confident in this game, that its easy and there will be good opportunities for turnovers.   

Buffalo needs to play like they did vs Raiders.  Ball control, ball security, good hard hitting D and they should get the W.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Let's have a look, shall we??

1. 49ers
2. Cowboys
3. Dolphins
4. Eagles
5. Ravens
6. Chiefs 
7. Bills
8. Falcons
9. Bucs
10. Seahawks
11. Lions
12. Saints
13. Jaguars
14. Packers
15. Commanders
16. Steelers
17. Titans
18. Rams
19. Colts
20. Browns
21. Chargers 
22. Jets
23. Bengals
24. Raiders
25. Vikings 
26. Patriots 
27. Giants 
28. Broncos 
29. Panthers 
30. Texans 
31. Cardinals 
32. Bears 

I think I pretty much nailed it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Howell isn't elite by any means but can make plays. Looked pretty good in the second half last week. Can extend plays with his legs and has a lot of underrated weapons around him.

False bravado from some aside, this week will be a real good test for this team IMO.

Wash also has a talented D.  

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, arcane said:

im not saying that’s crazy but i think Wilson is head and shoulders about turf toe Terry at the moment. The others might favor Washington but I tend to lean towards the top end being more important than the supporting cast the way the leagues set up. If a bad teams going to beat us, I think it’s a special player making spectacular plays that’s more likely than WR3 beating us up. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I once hiked from Atlanta to Buffalo for a game.  I only had a pot to boil water in and a machete to hunt with for food.

Lol, not a journey that is even considered as an option much less be attempted when you're the type that owns and wears only flip flops.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if someone really did do that to get to a game before lol

Even in my younger days I'm not sure I'd even go through all that for a smoking hot chic

30 minutes ago, Special K said:

And given their 2-0 start (against one bad team and one other middling team) and the problems the Giants are having, they have playoff dreams. And that's not really that big a stretch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.