Fish v. Pats

Bills fan since 87

15 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Pretty sure he hits plenty of deep passes too, like the one a minute ago.

Short pass that the receiver had to go up and get. Poor CB coverage or else that is incomplete or even picked off. Look he’s an above average QB with great weapons. They will be a threat in the east. But let’s not call him elite. He’s not. It’s too easy these days to throw around terms like GOAT this and that, he’s elite, future hof blah blah. 

Edited by AlfaBill

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

No you’re definitely right in that sense.

But i think that’s the game plan against any great offence.

Make them go down the length of the field, play cover 2 high etc.

The part that sucks it looks like Miami has entered that elite category on offence if that’s how defences are playing them

I think teams know their shtick is going to be considerably less effective with the back of the end zone as a defender so it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to try to press their receivers or anything.  If you try to press tyreek and whiff it’s a free 7 points I’d rather make them work for it.

tonight’s kind of a perfect example, they’ve gone up and down the field all night and if the pats had a lick of competent offense it would be a close game 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think teams know their shtick is going to be considerably less effective with the back of the end zone as a defender so it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to try to press their receivers or anything.  If you try to press tyreek and whiff it’s a free 7 points I’d rather make them work for it.

Ya the issue with Miami is you can’t press them.

They have a world class speedster In motion on almost every play.

My point is if teams are playing Miami like they play the bills , chiefs etc, it just shows there really is no blueprint for them.

Its just limit the big play, stop them

in the red zone etc

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think you gotta blitz Tua.  He’s not a good athlete and he doesn’t have good arm strength on the run.  You can’t let him sit back there and throw in rhythm.  If you give up a couple big plays so be it.  

I don’t even know how unless you’re gonna try to press…tua is getting the ball out pretty much instantly 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think you gotta blitz Tua.  He’s not a good athlete and he doesn’t have good arm strength on the run.  You can’t let him sit back there and throw in rhythm.  If you give up a couple big plays so be it.  

Agree. Move him off the spot- best way to disrupt him. 

4 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Short pass that the receiver had to go up and get. Poor CB coverage or else that is incomplete or even picked off. Look he’s an above average QB with great weapons. They will be a threat in the east. But let’s not call him elite. He’s not. It’s too easy these days to throw around terms like GOAT this and that, he’s elite, future hof blah blah. 

You and I are on the same page. I also don't think that he is elite, but he seems to be very accurate and seems to always make a very good choice for his target. If they don’t have any injuries to key players, I think it will be them and the Bills battling for the AFC east crown.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.