Raiders @ Bills - Postgame Thread

HappyDays

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Bernard - hey, got the interception that stopped the Raiders. 

He gets the glory, but that easy pop fly really fell into his lap. DaQuan Jones deserves the credit for getting into Jimmy G's face and forcing the errant throw.

Really, I can't blame Jimmy for either pick. That one was deflected, and Milano's pick was a perfect pass that Milano literally stole out of the receiver's hands. Grand Theft Football.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

He gets the glory, but that easy pop fly really fell into his lap. DaQuan Jones deserves the credit for getting into Jimmy G's face and forcing the errant throw.

Really, I can't blame Jimmy for either pick. That one was deflected, and Milano's pick was a perfect pass that Milano literally stole out of the receiver's hands. Grand Theft Football.

You can’t blame Jimmy for either pick. Sure.

But that generally means the defense had a great down. Good pressure from a Jones, a tip from Groot, and a catch from Bernard.

A great moment for the unit. 

What an odd time to poop on them. 

Cant express enough how much I, and likely all of us, needed a game like that. We just did what we should do.

Outside of a shaky first few minutes, it was a fun, relaxing day of enjoying Bills football.

We even got a Shakir sighting! (Funny because I honestly forgot he was even on the team until they said his name after the score)

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

You can’t blame Jimmy for either pick. Sure.

But that generally means the defense had a great down. Good pressure from a Jones, a tip from Groot, and a catch from Bernard.

A great moment for the unit. 

What an odd time to poop on them. 

I didn't mean it to sound that way. The defense played great all around. Just giving credit where it's due on that play.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

That was an educational game for Allen. Showed him how good he and the offense can be when he doesn't force it. Hope it stays with him now

They need to do this the rest of the year. Be smart like today and take what they give you. Eventually the 2 deep safety will disappear and Josh can take a couple shots deep.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'd love some all22 reviewers to maybe do a writeup this week talking about whether Dorsey's plays were different this week or if Josh was just making better decisions. Like did Dorsey dial down the deeper routes?  I dunno who else looks at the all22 that deeply... interested in that @GunnerBill?

I alwaya try and watch the all22 if I get time. Depends how the week goes work wise. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1st half thread and after the first Raiders td drive this was that thread in the very first two pages: 

Going to be a long day 

Bad start

This is gonna get ugly

Beginning of the end 

🤢🤮

This team ***** sucks

So that’s what having a real OC can do…huh

Great D. 

Nice defense McD

Can they get Leslie Frazier back?

Probably more like the end of the beginning. 

Pathetic start. 

Hahahahhahahahha McDs D! they are so old and slow 

Spectacular McD defense 🤮

We suck

Our safeties are really starting to show their age. 

We have a bunch of washed up old men playing a cb role and both safeties 

And again and again… 

Well… maybe pathetic is not the team, maybe some “fan” is…  ready from the start to throw up on the players and the coach. 

38-10: probably the same “fans” are now posting great words on the player and the coach… ahaha, laughable! 😂😂😂

Edited by Italian Bills
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

WHERE ARE ALL THE BERNARD HATERS??

I liked Tremaine but at 18 million IDK if he even makes the plays Bernard made today. If you can keep Bernard clean, he can shoot gaps and dropped Jacobs a couple times. It’s only game 2 but he’s holding his own and even making some plays.

This is the second straight game Dorsey called a good game, this time Josh stuck to the script. I’d still like to see him under center more with play action (like the long Kincaid pass) and that 4th down call sucked but overall he’s shown some growth. Yeah I know it was the Raiders D but we needed a game like this to get on track and winning in dominant fashion doesn’t suck either.

Overall, exactly what this team needed especially Josh. Hopefully they can keep it rolling against Washington and then get a good test against Miami.

Go Bills!

I don't want to turn this into another Edmunds debate, but I just want to say that I am very encouraged by his play.

Imagine if we proves to be valuable NFL starter. One more good draft pick for Beane, one more player on rookie contract and one less hole to fill for couple of years.

22 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

WHERE ARE ALL THE BERNARD HATERS??

I liked Tremaine but at 18 million IDK if he even makes the plays Bernard made today. If you can keep Bernard clean, he can shoot gaps and dropped Jacobs a couple times. It’s only game 2 but he’s holding his own and even making some plays.

This is the second straight game Dorsey called a good game, this time Josh stuck to the script. I’d still like to see him under center more with play action (like the long Kincaid pass) and that 4th down call sucked but overall he’s shown some growth. Yeah I know it was the Raiders D but we needed a game like this to get on track and winning in dominant fashion doesn’t suck either.

Overall, exactly what this team needed especially Josh. Hopefully they can keep it rolling against Washington and then get a good test against Miami.

Go Bills!

The touchdown still came a play where we were not lined up. But post snap Bernard has been decent enough through two games. And that is all we needed. 

Hoping the alignment issues are just lack of time on task from the time he missed in pre-season.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

1st half thread and after the first Raiders td drive this was that thread in the very first two pages: 

Going to be a long day 

Bad start

This is gonna get ugly

Beginning of the end 

🤢🤮

This team ***** sucks

So that’s what having a real OC can do…huh

Great D. 

Nice defense McD

Can they get Leslie Frazier back?

Probably more like the end of the beginning. 

Pathetic start. 

Hahahahhahahahha McDs D! they are so old and slow 

Spectacular McD defense 🤮

We suck

Our safeties are really starting to show their age. 

We have a bunch of washed up old men playing a cb role and both safeties 

And again and again… 

Well… maybe pathetic is not the team, maybe some “fan” is…  ready from the start to throw up on the players and the coach. 

38-10: probably the same “fans” are now posting great words on the player and the coach… ahaha, laughable! 😂😂😂

why I steer clear of the GDT. the drama and sizzling hot takes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Jones had a great game. He is very important to our D.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The touchdown still came a play where we were not lined up. But post snap Bernard has been decent enough through two games. And that is all we needed. 

Hoping the alignment issues are just lack of time on task from the time he missed in pre-season.

Whether that or otherwise, it’s pretty reasonable to expect those issues to improve as the season goes on. Bernard is a 2nd year player who made his 2nd career start today.

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

Some very noticeable, recently very busy, absences indeed 

I started the Josh excuse thread last week and here I am. I almost started a “we won but…” thread. 
Josh came back strong, like I thought he would. The rest of the team played a good game too. Like last week. 
Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.