There were some positives this game

ChronicAndKnuckles

The D-line played fast and nasty. Rousseau is the real deal and Floyd looks like a great pick up putting up 1.5 sacks. 

Cook had his best game as a Bill and the run game was very effective. Too bad Allen couldn’t hit the side of a barn. 

Diggs came to play as always posting 102 yards and a TD. I love this guy and he will always be one of my favorites. The way he calmed Josh Allen down and got his head together at least enough to tie up the game was great leadership. 

Run defense sucked, but the pass defense played great, but is that really a surprise? Tre White whiffed horribly on that 80 something yard Breece Hall run, but had a good game all in all. You can’t really pin that Garrett Wilson bobbled catch on him.

Just trying to keep myself off Bills fan suicide watch. If anyone can think of any GOOD takeaways post them here. Need happy thoughts 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Groot had an excellent game. 

Milano is him.

Didn’t see anything bad happen to Benford.

Looked like Torrence held up pretty well. 

Milano was excellent but I wonder if the taunting penalty could have cost the Bills a TD.   Would have had a much shorter field.   Stupid play. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 10

I was writing my GAME BALLS thread before Martin drilled a line drive up the middle for the PR TD.  I revoked Josh's automatic game ball, so only Stef got his automatic game ball on O.  No one else on O showed up.

Bass-o-Matic got a game ball, dude is nails.

My D game balls went to Floyd, Milano, and Groot, in that order.  Floyd is the real deal, and with him and Von on the field at the same time?  FUGEDDABOTIT!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

Can't wait for von and Floyd together 

This team is built for being ahead. Hopefully the offensive showing today isn’t the norm’ for the year otherwise we may not get to see that tandem live up to its potential. 

Think we should try a “NASCAR” package of Von/Epenesa/Groot/Floyd a few times and see if there’s anything there. Jets had a lot of trouble blocking the explosive players (which is foreseeable). 

Groot was so much fun to watch.  Oliver had a nice game too - and looks bigger.  

Milano was stellar.

Tre defended that TD pass as well as you could.  Just a ridiculous catch.

Kincaid, of course.

The O-line looked pretty solid for the most part.  Seemed like Brown was holding it down.

Diggs is so good.

Really, if we made a list - the positives go on & on & on. And the negatives are really "Allen's turnovers."  Love the guy, but he single-handedly lost this game.  He'll win many more for us.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I thought the defense played a great game. Certainly the TD given up was not on Tre. The short fields made things tougher. Kudos to the guys for forcing a FG towards the end to give Allen and the offense a chance to make amends. Kincaid was good. Cook was good. Diggs was him. Torrence was fine. Knox played alright. Allen was the opposite of him. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Milano was excellent but I wonder if the taunting penalty could have cost the Bills a TD.   Would have had a much shorter field.   Stupid play. 

Shouldn’t have made that much difference. No difference than when Josh punted the ball to the NYJ 4 and Hall found a crease for 83 yards…

What game did you watch ? Cook and the run game were awful. 

If you told me before the game started that we held the Jets QB to 14/21 for 140 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT i'd be pretty happy. 

If you told me that QB was Zach Wilson instead of Aaron Rodgers I'd be less than impressed.  

Agreed that Groot and Floyd looked good. You didn't mention Milano, but he was a monster tonight 

There were enough isolated things I saw to think this is still a good team. This was the Jets super bowl, and it looked just like this game did last year. Josh was beyond stupid, but he does that a few times a year. The schedule gives us a chance to put this game in the distant recesses of our memories, we don't see a defense remotely as good until we play the jets one last time

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Rousseau was excellent. 

He was, but the Jets' OL isn't really a high bar for measuring that.  

Same for our pass D, ... Zach Wilson.  

16 points when we scored 12 & 20 last season, with a better O this season, isn't a good omen.  

Jets won the battle, but lost the war.....don't see them going very far with Wilson at the helm.

I went into this game thinking it was a 50/50 game at best.....the fact that the Bills lost because of Josh Allen is the only concerning part of the loss.

I hope this game was an anomaly for Josh, and he can put this game in the rear view mirror as soon as possible.

I believe that he will.

Go Bills.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

What game did you watch ? Cook and the run game were awful. 

If you told me before the game started that we held the Jets QB to 14/21 for 140 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT i'd be pretty happy. 

If you told me that QB was Zach Wilson instead of Aaron Rodgers I'd be less than impressed.  

Agreed that Groot and Floyd looked good. You didn't mention Milano, but he was a monster tonight 

Cook was allover the field catching and running it. Would’ve had a receiving TD too if Allen knew how to lead his receiver correctly. You must be looking at the stat line bc I saw a guy was churning out tough yards and keeping us out of 3rd and longs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Cook was allover the field catching and running it. Would’ve had a receiving TD too if Allen knew how to lead his receiver correctly. You must be looking at the stat line bc I saw a guy was churning out tough yards and keeping us out of 3rd and longs. 

Cook has a shot at a TD on that play if Allen places a perfect throw, but he was far from open.

When did Cook make a defender miss a tackle? At any point during the night ? I'm not blaming him for the negative plays (idk why so many on here give our O-line a pass) but Cook never made a guy miss either. 

Looked like a JAG out there 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

I'd add Ed Oliver was outstanding 2nd half. He was pretty invisible firdt half and people in thr GDT were happily calling him out. Second half he was excellent. No coincidence that the touchdown drive was with the 2nd team DL in - Shaq, Settle, Phillips, AJE. I think they rotated the line less last night but the one drive the backups were out there... it showed.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not seeing the run game love unless I’m a Jets fan 

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

For some reason Buck kept saying he was fantastic all night….. didn’t see any of that. The Bills just keep forcing him the ball… and Allen lucked completely flustered.

Color me surprised that Buck even got his name right

Yeah I like this thread a lot

Pass rush I was happy with

floyd is the man!!!  Love that pick up and completely forgot about him till the first sack!

my boy MATT MILANO!!!  Yet some feel on this board he isn’t a STUD!!!  

tre whiffed on a run tackle but was Wilson ever quiet?  (Well until the acrobatic TD grab that Tre had PERFECT coverage on.  Way the ball bounces sometimes)

Offense I LOVE the two tight end combos man!  Holy smokes that’s going to be fun to watch develop !

Kincaid is an animal and I was thinking to myself - “they add another 15-20 pounds I’d muscle on that frame look out!

dawson just balling as ever!

Diggs - my man is just amazing !

I hate to say it but I had this an L

just a lot of hype and that defense of the jets is for real yet?  We should have smashed them if Allen doesn’t puke on himself 

learn (LEARN) and move on.  Week one 

chiefs - loss

Bengals - loss

Bills - loss

no changing of the guard in the afc East not happening

13 minutes ago, gjv said:

Can't evaluate the secondary with Rodgers going down, but the Bills pass rush looked good. Torrence looked solid.

I thought the kid looked great as well (Torrence)

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The D-line played fast and nasty. Rousseau is the real deal and Floyd looks like a great pick up putting up 1.5 sacks. 

Cook had his best game as a Bill and the run game was very effective. Too bad Allen couldn’t hit the side of a barn. 

Diggs came to play as always posting 102 yards and a TD. I love this guy and he will always be one of my favorites. The way he calmed Josh Allen down and got his head together at least enough to tie up the game was great leadership. 

Run defense sucked, but the pass defense played great, but is that really a surprise? Tre White whiffed horribly on that 80 something yard Breece Hall run, but had a good game all in all. You can’t really pin that Garrett Wilson bobbled catch on him.

Just trying to keep myself off Bills fan suicide watch. If anyone can think of any GOOD takeaways post them here. Need happy thoughts 

Sincerely here not trolling.

The runback is a feel-good moment except the Bills were the victims of it.

If you can, watch how good Gipson's runback was. It's almost unbelievable.

Undrafted rookie in his first ever NFL game, with the game on the line, reads everything perfectly, uses patience and judgement, waits for his blockers, picks his slots, & scores for his team that just suffered the devastating loss of Aaron Rodgers. Wins the game & uplifts the whole team.

You won't see something like this happen often.

Horrible for us but still that was amazing.

-Floyd & Rousseau look like a PROBLEM off the edge.

-Milano still looks like an All-Pro, even without Edmunds next to him

-Diggs is still a Top 5 WR

-Kincaid looked good and should be involved more

Hard to really gauge much more given how great the Jets Defense is, combined with the fact they historically hold down Josh Allen and Aaron Rodgers going down early thus not really able to see how our secondary performs against an upper tier passing attack.  

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd add Ed Oliver was outstanding 2nd half. He was pretty invisible firdt half and people in thr GDT were happily calling him out. Second half he was excellent. No coincidence that the touchdown drive was with the 2nd team DL in - Shaq, Settle, Phillips, AJE. I think they rotated the line less last night but the one drive the backups were out there... it showed.

Just wow on 2nd team lol in that situation lol 

11 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The D-line played fast and nasty. Rousseau is the real deal and Floyd looks like a great pick up putting up 1.5 sacks. DISAGREE.  Groot continues to live on the presence of other DEs, 0 sacks.  He is not worth the 1st round pick we wasted on him.  

Cook had his best game as a Bill and the run game was very effective. Too bad Allen couldn’t hit the side of a barn.  DISAGREE: Cook still had a bad game, if this is his "best."  Can't break a tackle, and can't run people over (no suprise, but why is Daboll running him up the middle).  

Diggs came to play as always posting 102 yards and a TD. I love this guy and he will always be one of my favorites. The way he calmed Josh Allen down and got his head together at least enough to tie up the game was great leadership. AGREE: Diggs is hands-down the best player on this team.  

Run defense sucked, but the pass defense played great, but is that really a surprise? Tre White whiffed horribly on that 80 something yard Breece Hall run, but had a good game all in all. You can’t really pin that Garrett Wilson bobbled catch on him.  DISAGREE/AGREE.  Agree run D sucked, that's a huge issue.  Tre is not an all-pro.  You can't wif on a huge run and let Wilson abuse you.  Shutdown corners, shutdown oppossing players.  

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

Defense was great.  This is why I am not gonna bash the coaching due to Josh's plummeting intelligence.  Horrible turnovers, idiotic running, no leadership. 

McD: Great DC, terrible HC.  

1 hour ago, Casual fan said:

Sincerely here not trolling.

The runback is a feel-good moment except the Bills were the victims of it.

If you can, watch how good Gipson's runback was. It's almost unbelievable.

Undrafted rookie in his first ever NFL game, with the game on the line, reads everything perfectly, uses patience and judgement, waits for his blockers, picks his slots, & scores for his team that just suffered the devastating loss of Aaron Rodgers. Wins the game & uplifts the whole team.

You won't see something like this happen often.

Horrible for us but still that was amazing.

these "amazing" "feel good" things seem to happen to us at an alarming clip in the McD era.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

-Floyd & Rousseau look like a PROBLEM off the edge.  Agree, but mostly FLoyd.  

-Milano still looks like an All-Pro, even without Edmunds next to him  Agreed, Edmunds still stinks in Chicago.  

-Diggs is still a Top 5 WR  Diggs is the best WR.  and team MVP.  

-Kincaid looked good and should be involved more  Yep, but Dorsey won't involve him and/or JA won't throw to him unless he is triple teamed 20 yards down field.  

Hard to really gauge much more given how great the Jets Defense is, combined with the fact they historically hold down Josh Allen and Aaron Rodgers going down early thus not really able to see how our secondary performs against an upper tier passing attack.  

Negatives:

1. Josh Allen regressed, threw 3 INTs, dropped one, had wild eyes, was sacked a bunch despite low pressures, and looked rough overall
  2. OT issue #1 - the run play on 3-15 was a bad call 
  3. OT issue #2 - Special teams allowing a punt return TD in OT

Positives:

1. Allen admitted he lost the game - we have no reason to believe it wasn't a fluke
  2. Allen was pressured less than average compared to other games in Week 1
  3. D line pressured all night long - We bitched about QB pressures last year and the D under new management delivered
  4. Secondary played well (the one TD was a monster catch)
  5. Bass
  6. Diggs - 102 yards / 1 TD
  7. Our TEs
  8. Good offensive mix
  9. Milano's a stud
  10. We are the most balanced team in the AFCE - The Dolphins D looks mighty thin despite some mega talent on O and the Jets are now without their star
  11. My wings last night were awesome, it's football season once again, and fall weather is around the corner

The posts on this board are redonkulous. Simmer down and enjoy the ride.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.