Rodgers out for the year (UPDATE: Rodgers wants to return for playoffs)

chongli

3 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Rodgers out on the2nd offensive play.  BILLS STILL LOSE!!!!!  How????,

Not prepared to play backup. Happens all the time. Backup comes in and motivates team to try harder.

There's a few comes in Bills history where this happen.

I think rookie Neil Lomax was one... When Jim Hart went down.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, QCity said:

If he rehabs and comes back to play next year, yes. But that's a huge question mark. At his age an injury settlement seems a lot more likely. How many players come back from that injury at age 40? I'm going to guess zero.

The $75mm is Guaranteed, whether he plays or not.  Just not sure what the cap impacts are if he doesn’t come back, as you suggest.

9 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

Yeah, it would take a lot of drive at 39 to go thru the rehab process to play again.  He could just give back some money and go host a game show.

When you sign a player with huge guaranteed money, the team takes on that risk.  Don’t see any player giving back money guaranteed in their contract. 

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That makes the loss even worst. There might not have been a more depressed fanbase in sports. And we let them hang around.

when the bills play a road playoff game, we will remember the time freaking Zack Wilson outplayed Josh Allen in the second half as why we aren’t at home. 

Not the first time either.

Is it possible we both lost the war?

Aaron is done probably forever and the jets got what you get when you put the oldest player in the NFL behind the worst oline.

But it's also clear that Josh needs a sea change in coaching to be effective again. It's pretty obvious nobody is holding him accountable and pushing him. Idk if that's OC or the whole shabang, but it showed itself last year, and is quite clearly bleeding into this year too.

I would say the Phins won the war... But playing jets D and Bills D 4 times I'd be surprised is Tua makes it through all those games.

Edited by Heavy Kevi

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, Rodgers is done for his career and the Jets' season is done.  The Jets are Josh's kryptonite, like the Browns are to Burrow and the Dols were to Brady.

Brady was 24-12 with 8500+ yards, 72 TD and 27 ints--pretty much the same as he was vs the Bills.

2 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Was old man Rodgers really the answer?

Strong D will keep them in the conversation.

EVERY QB will go into the Jets game with simple instructions not to turn the ball over.. throw it away/take the sack.. etc. the Jets D is good but they were helped by dumb mistakes like staring down the receiver before throwing the ball. 

10 hours ago, chongli said:

I'm sincerely sorry that Rodgers attempt to prove greatness with multiple teams ended as it did.

But my inner snark must be freed to say:

I'll just bet the former #2 overall pick of the NY Jets, benched for Rodgers, is perfectly sincere that he loves him right now.

Zach Wilson's outer voice: "I love you, Aaron". 

Zach Wilson's inner voice: "Goodbye Rodgers, Hello Career".

19 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

And it wasn’t even close to being a hard hit or viscous tackle. Compare that tackle where AR got hurt to all the times in the game JA17 was twisted, pounded, beat, etc. 27 is way more durable than 39, I guess!

17 is 27, not pushing 40.

All of us who lived that long, learned we were all more durable in our 20s than our 40s.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

EVERY QB will go into the Jets game with simple instructions not to turn the ball over.. throw it away/take the sack.. etc. the Jets D is good but they were helped by dumb mistakes like staring down the receiver before throwing the ball. 

I’m genuinely confused at which play you’re referencing lol two of the picks were bombs into double coverage and one was a play where the ball has to come out before Davis made his break.  It was the right read but the throw was too far inside and Davis ran an absolutely atrocious route as he often does.  The safety had no business being on that route gabe just made no effort selling that he was going deep 

23 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well that was a waste of a 100,000 hours of nonstop offseason bloviating from literally everyone on ESPN. 

I mean a 4 time MVP going to a team loaded with talent that is technically from NYC is kind of a big deal. 

it’s just hilarious (and injuries suck and you hate to see them) that it ended that quick. 

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m genuinely confused at which play you’re referencing lol two of the picks were bombs into double coverage and one was a play where the ball has to come out before Davis made his break.  It was the right read but the throw was too far inside and Davis ran an absolutely atrocious route as he often does.  The safety had no business being on that route gabe just made no effort selling that he was going deep 

All 3 INT he never took his eyes off the receiver.. All 3! Yes 2 were deeper but he never used his eyes to move the defense. 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You're correct that there was no "staring down of receivers", but staring down or not, other teams have seen that scene from the movie before - the one where Josh hangs in and is gonna throw it deep to Diggs (or Davis) regardless.  The safety knows there are pickings to be had and where they're gonna be.

It's true that Davis did not run a route that faked out the safety, but here's the thing - that's a route that Davis has run (and Josh has burnt teams with) a few too many times.  Davis could have had shifty hips like Diggs and the safety would have been "Not Today, Fella".

There's a phrase "going to the well once too often".  In this case, it's going to the well many times too often.

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

All 3 INT he never took his eyes off the receiver.. All 3! Yes 2 were deeper but he never used his eyes to move the defense. 

Lol I’m not objecting to them being bad decisions but I think looking off the receiver was low on the list of problems with those two deep ones 😂

the pick to gabe was a horrendous route…the safety knew exactly where gabe was going from the snap...I don’t think any amount of looking off changes that one.  I’m fine with that read though 

15 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Dude, get off his eyes, they don't matter here.  The defense watches film.  The Bills and Allen have become too predictable.  

What exactly else, what other routes, did Allen have to look at, that you believe would have moved the defense?

They were bad decisions - the first was possibly defensible as it was 3rd and long and a punt was inevitable.

The 2nd pick was on 2nd down and the third - w00f.

11 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lol I’m not objecting to them being bad decisions but I think looking off the receiver was low on the list of problems with those two deep ones 😂

the pick to gabe was a horrendous route…the safety knew exactly where gabe was going from the snap...I don’t think any amount of looking off changes that one.  I’m fine with that read though 

You are correct.

The problem with the read is, the safety knew he could jump the route because it's been on film with Allen to Davis, a bit too often.

And if the Bills don't fix this, and fix this fast, every other safety they play is going to be watching for that.

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

You're correct that there was no "staring down of receivers", but staring down or not, other teams have seen that scene from the movie before - the one where Josh hangs in and is gonna throw it deep to Diggs (or Davis) regardless.  The safety knows there are pickings to be had and where they're gonna be.

It's true that Davis did not run a route that faked out the safety, but here's the thing - that's a route that Davis has run (and Josh has burnt teams with) a few too many times.  Davis could have had shifty hips like Diggs and the safety would have been "Not Today, Fella".

There's a phrase "going to the well once too often".  In this case, it's going to the well many times too often.

Gabe is wide open if he runs a crisp route there literally for the reasons you mentioned earlier in the post lol other teams have seen the movie before and he’s usually running a ton of go routes.  Probably the laziest route I’ve ever seen.  Still an off target throw though 

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Dude, get off his eyes, they don't matter here.  The defense watches film.  The Bills and Allen have become too predictable.  

What exactly else, what other routes, did Allen have to look at, that you believe would have moved the defense?

You are correct.

The problem with the read is, the safety knew he could jump the route because it's been on film with Allen to Davis, a bit too often.

And if the Bills don't fix this, and fix this fast, every other safety they play is going to be watching for that.

Lmao what the Bills are only running 1 receiver routes? Look them off like ALL good QBs do.  The 2 deep ones ok maybe not another deep route the last one come on? Look around heck maybe you see a better option by LOOKING. 

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You are correct.

Idk gabe seems like he’s almost always running gos to me lol maybe that’s anecdotal and I only pay attention to him when he’s running deep though 

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Idk gabe seems like he’s almost always running gos to me lol maybe that’s anecdotal and I only pay attention to him when he’s running deep though 

Capture.JPG

10 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Gabe is wide open if he runs a crisp route there literally for the reasons you mentioned earlier in the post lol other teams have seen the movie before and he’s usually running a ton of go routes.  Probably the laziest route I’ve ever seen.  Still an off target throw though 

See above.

You're correct it was a sloppy route, but I don't think a crisp route fakes the safety, because of the route combo.  Davis goes to the sideline in that route combo.

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.