Rodgers out for the year (UPDATE: Rodgers wants to return for playoffs)

chongli

3 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Rodgers out on the2nd offensive play.  BILLS STILL LOSE!!!!!  How????,

Not prepared to play backup. Happens all the time. Backup comes in and motivates team to try harder.

There's a few comes in Bills history where this happen.

I think rookie Neil Lomax was one... When Jim Hart went down.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, QCity said:

If he rehabs and comes back to play next year, yes. But that's a huge question mark. At his age an injury settlement seems a lot more likely. How many players come back from that injury at age 40? I'm going to guess zero.

The $75mm is Guaranteed, whether he plays or not.  Just not sure what the cap impacts are if he doesn’t come back, as you suggest.

9 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

Yeah, it would take a lot of drive at 39 to go thru the rehab process to play again.  He could just give back some money and go host a game show.

When you sign a player with huge guaranteed money, the team takes on that risk.  Don’t see any player giving back money guaranteed in their contract. 

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That makes the loss even worst. There might not have been a more depressed fanbase in sports. And we let them hang around.

when the bills play a road playoff game, we will remember the time freaking Zack Wilson outplayed Josh Allen in the second half as why we aren’t at home. 

Not the first time either.

Is it possible we both lost the war?

Aaron is done probably forever and the jets got what you get when you put the oldest player in the NFL behind the worst oline.

But it's also clear that Josh needs a sea change in coaching to be effective again. It's pretty obvious nobody is holding him accountable and pushing him. Idk if that's OC or the whole shabang, but it showed itself last year, and is quite clearly bleeding into this year too.

I would say the Phins won the war... But playing jets D and Bills D 4 times I'd be surprised is Tua makes it through all those games.

Edited by Heavy Kevi

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.