Rodgers out for the year (UPDATE: Rodgers wants to return for playoffs)

chongli

I just wanna point out how little punishment he took on the hit where he tore his Achilles

Yes, it could just be a freak injury

But come on man the writing is on the wall. Aaron Rodgers is old and should retire while he’s on top he’s a walking injury, magnet now

He is one of the great ones, but even the great ones have their time and then it passes

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I just wanna point out how little punishment he took on the hit where he tore his Achilles

But come on man the writing is on the wall. Aaron Rodgers is old and should retire while he’s on top he’s a walking injury, magnet now

He is one of the great ones, but even the great ones have their time and then it passes

Spot on

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Yep. I hate that it ends like this for him, but end it should.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Even in the far fetched scenario that he's back for the playoffs it would be incredibly dumb for them to play him. 

First off, you're saying that Zach Wilson, who at least publicly they have thrown support behind isn't going to be able to get it done. I personally don't think he can...but hypothetically, if the Jets ride him to the playoffs he would have earned the right to start. Aaron can assist him from the sideline and be part of it. But if you take Wilson out at that point you're admitting that he cannot be the QB of the future...which is still how they are painting it.

Second, dude is 39. The risk of him rushing back too fast getting reinjured and missing next season has to be pretty high IMO. 

My hunch is they do in fact rush him back too soon. There really isn't anyone on the Jet coaching staff that will save Aaron from himself the way Beane has with Von. The man crushes that Saleh and Douglas have on Aaron may very well be what does them in at the end.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Even in the far fetched scenario that he's back for the playoffs it would be incredibly dumb for them to play him. 

First off, you're saying that Zach Wilson, who at least publicly they have thrown support behind isn't going to be able to get it done. I personally don't think he can...but hypothetically, if the Jets ride him to the playoffs he would have earned the right to start. Aaron can assist him from the sideline and be part of it. But if you take Wilson out at that point you're admitting that he cannot be the QB of the future...which is still how they are painting it.

Second, dude is 39. The risk of him rushing back too fast getting reinjured and missing next season has to be pretty high IMO. 

My hunch is they do in fact rush him back too soon. There really isn't anyone on the Jet coaching staff that will save Aaron from himself the way Beane has with Von. The man crushes that Saleh and Douglas have on Aaron may very well be what does them in at the end.

Even Salah and Douglas should be able to see the point of "Dance with the One That Brung Ya".  If Wilson gets the Jets to the playoffs, it will be because he's rallied the team and it's become, in a real sense, 'his team'.

On 9/11/2023 at 11:24 PM, FrenchConnection said:

But Carr and Tannehill are already on teams.

They could give Colin Kaepernick a try

(ducking)

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Even Salah and Douglas should be able to see the point of "Dance with the One That Brung Ya".  If Wilson gets the Jets to the playoffs, it will be because he's rallied the team and it's become, in a real sense, 'his team'.

They could give Colin Kaepernick a try

(ducking)

I do agree with what you say here. They "should" be able to see that point. However judging solely off the way they gushed about Rodgers all preseason, on Hard Knocks and the like it's hard to imagine they would be able to help themselves.

I'd also throw the Woody Johnson (funniest unintentional name in sports, BTW) factor in there as well. Johnson would likely want that splash name out there and even if Saleh/Douglas wanted to ride with Wilson, it could easily turn into a Rob Johnson/Flutie situation IMO.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I do agree with what you say here. They "should" be able to see that point. However judging solely off the way they gushed about Rodgers all preseason, on Hard Knocks and the like it's hard to imagine they would be able to help themselves.

I'd also throw the Woody Johnson (funniest unintentional name in sports, BTW) factor in there as well. Johnson would likely want that splash name out there and even if Saleh/Douglas wanted to ride with Wilson, it could easily turn into a Rob Johnson/Flutie situation IMO.

What’s more is that it’s intentional. He’s Robert Wood Johnson IV. He could be a Bob.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.