2023 NFL Season - Week #1 - Bills at Jets - Post game game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, Big Blitz said:

That 3rd and 2 pass call told me all I needed to know about Dorsey in year 2.  

I’m done.  He doesn’t get it - or he doesn’t trust our run game.  Which I doubt.  

He doesn’t have the in game awareness and Saleh kicked his a** in the 2nd half.  

classic stupidity example 1

example two is the shotgun draw on 2nd and 15 or whatever the ***** in OT

What is wrong with Allen? I am starting to suspect it goes deeper than football at this point.  Since the 1nd half of last year he regressed.   He claimed to have focused and worked his butt off this offseason.

But friends there is something seriously off as it's obvious he has regressed instead of improved.  

I am getting concerned for the kid, he just doesn't act the same.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Sorry, but Dorsey is not to blame for this game. The Bills should have won by two scores but Allen has his head so far up his own ass. Allen is completely to blame for this loss. It’s on him 100% and it has got to the point, going back the last few games of last season as well, that Allen is starting to become a big problem.

Allen is completely to blame, and my first fault here. Good Josh is so good that bad Josh is just crushing, and this was bad Josh.

But the playcalling was also atrocious for this defense. Front four pressure up the middle all night, didn't roll out at all, got away from the 8-12 yard possession passes to Diggs and TEs, etc.

Just now, SoMAn said:

I was right to be skeptical with all Josh’s off-season talk about playing smarter and protecting the ball. Josh gonna be Josh. As great as he can be, I don’t know that he’ll ever overcome his instinct to play schoolyard football when he gets pressured. 

Mahomes does best, he take shots when it is there. This year has the all time worst wr core iv'e seen. People dropping everything.

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm starting to wonder if Allen is slightly overrated. 

He is a turnover machine, perhaps struggles to read coverages, and can't win an overtime game. 0- 5. 

He certainly turns the ball over more than this team can afford.  

There was a thread on here about a year ago about the QB class of '04 and who would be the Phillip Rivers of this current crop of QBs.

Just sayin... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Better to get this out early. Hate losing but told my buddy today rather the team start slow and get better. Last year we looked unstoppable early and faded down the stretch. This is a wake up call game and it’s here early in the season at a point where ***** hardly ever looks perfect. 

• Disagree 1

Pretty sure I have never been less excited about a Bills home opener. It will forever be 13 seconds as that was when they peaked. They reach playoffs here and there but the window has shut on this aging team. Allen keeps regressing and their top defensive players will probably be all shipped out of here or retired in 2 years.

Thank God the Sabres are just beginning....

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Sorry, but Dorsey is not to blame for this game. The Bills should have won by two scores but Allen has his head so far up his own ass. Allen is completely to blame for this loss. It’s on him 100% and it has got to the point, going back the last few games of last season as well, that Allen is starting to become a big problem.

Yeah those 1st & 10 runs for -2 yards were brilliant. Every time. No really, every single time it happened I jumped up and shouted " thank goodness for this OC who really knows what he's doing!"

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Koufax said:

Allen is completely to blame, and my first fault here. Good Josh is so good that bad Josh is just crushing, and this was bad Josh.

But the playcalling was also atrocious for this defense. Front four pressure up the middle all night, didn't roll out at all, got away from the 8-12 yard possession passes to Diggs and TEs, etc.

I believe Dorsey called a good enough game that if Allen didn’t have his head up his ass the Bills win by at least two scores.

Anyone that thought we’d put up in the high 20’s or 30’s hasn’t been paying attention to the Jets defense. They are probably a top 3 defense but Allen made them look legendary.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Dorsey is a JOKE. RUN the ball on 2nd and 15 in OT against the freaking Jets run defense? WTF?!?!? 

Dorsey to McD: "Hey! We barely have 90 yards rushing... maybe we'll trick them on a this 2nd and 15 in overtime? Might fool them!" 

WTF OVER?!?!?! 

OC is a joke, OL still SUCKS and Allen looked like "Allen: Year One" THREE passes into double team?!?!?!  I'm so pissed off. 

Not just run… but run at the one player that has dominated our line all night.

• Agree 1

Josh blew and I don't take this game that seriously but its sad to lose to zach wilson with a 10 pt lead.

I'm most concerned about beane whiffing on picks besides josh and dorsey figuring it out sometime soon.  Davis keeps disappointing...Knox dropped a pass in ot. At least we arent the chargers and make the playoffs before we fail?

Edited by Haze_21

16 minutes ago, Nelius said:

The doubters were right about pretty much everything so far. But I don’t think anybody anticipated this Josh Allen meltdown. He’s too experienced and is supposed to be too good to start a season this way. Kind of open to any and all weirdo Allen theories because something is clearly off. Why does he look like he’s sidearm shotputting some throws?

He misses Daboll.  He did that a lot his first few seasons.

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Yeah, I need sleep, have a headache now, and don't know what to think.  I thought that our offense would be a lot more creative, but again, the opponent out-adjusted us at the half.  I'm incredibly disappointed in our offense, Allen of course, but also the lack of creativity in the 2nd half.  ... or OT with the game on the line for that matter.  

For me it's not so much the loss per se, but just as with the playoffs, it's how we lose.  

And let's face it, our D played well OK, but the Jets' OL isn't good, bottom 10 for sure.  And way too many big plays by a Zach Wilson led O.  

I thought we'd blow them out after Rodgers went out.  SMH  

This one's going to hurt our chances in the division, and given that it was Wilson, not Rodgers, it'll end up having been one of the worse offenses on our schedule.  

Accurate here. I made similarities to the Bills and the Chargers. I got hammered for doing so. 

Week one is over and both teams have poor coaching, blow games, and choke games. 

Maybe I wasn't so far off. 

It's early only one game. Not trying to overact but I'm tired of the McD era. The Bills really need a change of the whole coaching staff. I've been saying this much before tonight game. 

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm starting to wonder if Allen is slightly overrated. 

He is a turnover machine, perhaps struggles to read coverages, and can't win an overtime game. 0- 5. 

There's definitely a gap in reading defenses/coverages between Allen and the better passers in the league.   He has other strengths to overcome that at times.  Keep in mind, he came out of Wyoming unable to read a D.   He only learned that in the NFL, which is beyond remarkable.  

But to your point, he's never been exceptional at it like Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence and some others.   But one would think that he'd be able to polish it up to that extent.  That's the kind of stuff you can do over the summer w/o exerting yourself.  

Definitely not an encouraging start to the season.  I'd rather have had the offense light it up in a repeat of our playoff game vs. Miami with Wilson replacing Thompson.  

The offense is supposed to be our strong suit this season.  Disappointing start.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.