Blue on Blue for MNF

Draconator

11 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

silly question maybe, but who decides on the weekly uniform combos?

Is it Beane or McDermott? Pegula? Someone in PR/marketing? 

I like the combo, just curious. 

Good question! I honestly have no idea.  To the google machine!

This is 10 years old, and varies by team, but back then for the Bills is was 

■ Buffalo Bills: Committee with representatives from ticketing, marketing and football operations

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2013/08/19/Franchises/Uniforms-who-decides.aspx

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

12 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

They ask me and they typically just go with that.   Gonna try the goat heads for week 9

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Wish it was white on white. 

truth is I never liked it before but now I love it. 

Can't be white on white. The Jets as the home team choose to wear white. I was hoping for blue over white. At the end of the night just win the game and go 1-0. I bet the Bills wear white on white for the home opener. It could still be hot out in Sept for 1:00 game in Buffalo. Make the Raiders wear their black over silver.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Why oh why is this team so beholden to the blue/blue monochromes?  They were fun for a game or two but they've been way over used.  Blech, I'm sick of them.

The only solace I'll take from a Loss is that maybe the dumb superstition over the blue/blue uniform will be killed off.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

They could wear pajamas as long as they win, but the blue jerseys with the white pants is the better look.  The monochrome looks more like a college or XFL team.

Call them the Boise St Bills. But Boise St takes it one step further. They have a blue field.

OIF.kv6F0Ks91Vn3DslyS7eUuQ?pid=ImgDet&rs

• Haha (+1) 2

Sure was a nice opening night uniform last year against the Rams.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

NFL Operations gives the teams up until July 1st every year to decide if they will wear White, or their Team Colors for Home Games. The visitors must wear the opposite. In the case of my favorite team, The Miami Dolphins, they always pick White at home, as it is always hot, and humid when the season begins.

That is a quote from a Quora thread on the subject, but I’m not sure how hard and fast that rule is as the league gives the home team the choice of what uniform to wear, so the visiting team must then wear a contrasting color. I assume the Jets chose to wear their white uni on Monday and the Bills chose their blue in contrast.

Edited by K-9

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

Why oh why is this team so beholden to the blue/blue monochromes?  They were fun for a game or two but they've been way over used.  Blech, I'm sick of them.

The only solace I'll take from a Loss is that maybe the dumb superstition over the blue/blue uniform will be killed off.   

They were winning may games with the blue-on-blue combination last year.

Not a fan of the all blue, but I guess it's time to accept that it's the primary home combo these days.

BillsStefonDiggs_JoshAllen-4084687.jpg?v

This is by far the best combo. The white, blue, white, blue just looks so good to me, I love the contrast and how clean they look. The all blue is just too much. Thankfully not quite the eye sore the all red is, those are awful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

I think it's clear by now that the players really like the Smurf getups.  I'm guessing the players and/or captains have a big say, and obviously this means the Jests are wearing white.

Jets are wearing these.

2023_NYJ_I.png

6 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Not a fan of the all blue, but I guess it's time to accept that it's the primary home combo these days.

BillsStefonDiggs_JoshAllen-4084687.jpg?v

This is by far the best combo. The white, blue, white, blue just looks so good to me, I love the contrast and how clean they look. The all blue is just too much. Thankfully not quite the eye sore the all red is, those are awful.

1-agree that blue on white is by far the best look

2-again agree that the all blue is too much

3-all reds are way better than all blues

for those interested here is the official breakdown, from best to worst uniform combos

1- blue on white

2-white on white

3- red on red

4- blue on blue

5-white on blue

6 all white throwbacks

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, ganesh said:

They were winning may games with the blue-on-blue combination last year.

They were.  Then they got boat raced in the biggest game of the season.   Personally i prefer the classic blue over white as the combo.

Historic Uniform Record (since not Navy)

Since 2011- Blue on White 42-26

Since 2011- White on White 20-28-1

Since 2012- White on White (Throwback) 8-4

Since 2012- White on Blue 16-22

Since 2014- Blue on Blue 18-8

Since 2015- Red on Red 7-2

Primetime Historic Uniform Record (No Saturday Nights)

Blue on White   0-2         TNF 0-0                SNF 0-0                MNF 0-2

White on White 1-1-1     TNF 0-0                SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1-1

White on Blue   3-3         TNF 1-2                SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1

Blue on Blue     3-0         TNF 1-0                 SNF 1-0                MNF 1-0

Red on Red       2-0         TNF 1-0                SNF 1-0                MNF 0-0

Josh Allen Uniform Record

Blue on White 16-7

White on White 13-7-1

White on White (Throwback) 3-2

White on Blue 10-8

Blue on Blue 12-5

Red on Red 5-1

Playoffs Uniform Record

Blue on White 3-0

White on White 0-1

White on Blue 0-3

Blue on Blue 1-1

• Thank you (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Can't be white on white. The Jets as the home team choose to wear white. I was hoping for blue over white. At the end of the night just win the game and go 1-0. I bet the Bills wear white on white for the home opener. It could still be hot out in Sept for 1:00 game in Buffalo. Make the Raiders wear their black over silver.

And if the Raiders request fans for their sidelines Bills accommodates the request as we can wear the Raiders out without the solar power.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.