OT…Now the Jets are the 85 Bears

78thealltimegreat

22 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Man they certainly think alot of themselves don’t they? 

Didn’t the Bills have a statistically better D last year and lose like only one guy?

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/d-j-reed-jets-defense-can-be-historical-like-1985-bears-or-legion-of-boom 

72 dolphins

Not really OT - I saw this & was surprised we weren't talking about it yet.

That Jets D is formidable.  The CB's statement was hyperbole - but they actually could be one of those D's we talk about as time goes on.  This 1st game concerns me because of that.  They won't stop our offense, but they can slow it down - and if Rodgers can put up enough points, they can certainly get the win.

I think we win the game, but their D is a concern.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4

8 minutes ago, Success said:

Not really OT - I saw this & was surprised we weren't talking about it yet.

That Jets D is formidable.  The CB's statement was hyperbole - but they actually could be one of those D's we talk about as time goes on.  This 1st game concerns me because of that.  They won't stop our offense, but they can slow it down - and if Rodgers can put up enough points, they can certainly get the win.

I think we win the game, but their D is a concern.

Saying a team is good on D is one thing comparing them to arguably the greatest D in nfl history is another when 5 of their 7 wins last year came against backup QBs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Didn’t the Bills have a statistically better D last year and lose like only one guy?

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/d-j-reed-jets-defense-can-be-historical-like-1985-bears-or-legion-of-boom 

Well, chalk it up to coaching then, because against our 2nd-ranked D their offense with Zach Wilson and Mike White in two games put up more yards (619 to 549), more passing yards (369 to 313), averaged over 7 minutes better in time-of-possession, logged more 1st-Downs (40 to 33), and had a better 3rd-down-conversion rate.   

They averaged 16 ppg with White and Wilson to our 18.5 with Allen.  Now they have essentially the same D, presumably our number, and Rodgers and Cook.  

They shouldn't be taken lightly, at last not by us.  They were our two worst games last year.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Bills-Defense-Number1.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Well, chalk it up to coaching then, because against our 2nd-ranked D their offense with Zach Wilson and Mike White in two games put up more yards (619 to 549), more passing yards (369 to 313), averaged over 7 minutes better in time-of-possession, logged more 1st-Downs (40 to 33), and had a better 3rd-down-conversion rate.   

They averaged 16 ppg with White and Wilson to our 18.5 with Allen.  Now they have essentially the same D, presumably our number, and Rodgers and Cook.  

They shouldn't be taken lightly, at last not by us.  They were our two worst games last year.  

So Josh Allen isn’t as good as Mike White and Zach Wilson gotcha 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bills-think-they-can-have-the-greatest-defense-ever

Remember when a Rex Ryan led defense including Nigel Bradham and Marvell Dareus thought we were on the verge of having an all time great defense?  How did all that talking go?  I’m fully expecting Josh and company to drop 30+ on these guys next Monday.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

So Josh Allen isn’t as good as Mike White and Zach Wilson gotcha 

LOL, you serious?  

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that response.  But I'll give you a little push towards comprehension in that regard. 

With Mike White and Zach Wilson, the Jets out performed us and our 2nd-ranked defense in the relevant statistical categories mentioned above, while we, with Josh Allen, a notably superior QB, did less against their 4th ranked defense, and they were our two worst games of the season.  

That help?  

I have absolutely no idea how you somehow got from what I posted that I think that White or Wilson are even future starters in the NFL much less top-10, much less anywhere even approaching Allen.  

But considering that, perhaps you can explain why with Allen then, we performed so much more poorly against a lower ranked D and posted our two worst games of the season?  

I'd say coaching, but that's not a favored topic here.  What do you think was the reason?  Biorythyms?  Humidity?  What?  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

LOL, you serious?  

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that response.  But I'll give you a little push towards comprehension in that regard. 

With Mike White and Zach Wilson, the Jets out performed us and our 2nd-ranked defense in the relevant statistical categories mentioned above, while we, with Josh Allen, a notably superior QB, did less against their 4th ranked defense, and they were our two worst games of the season.  

That help?  

I have absolutely no idea how you somehow got from what I posted that I think that White or Wilson are even future starters in the NFL much less top-10, much less anywhere even approaching Allen.  

But considering that, perhaps you can explain why with Allen then, we performed so much more poorly against a lower ranked D and posted our two worst games of the season?  

I'd say coaching, but that's not a favored topic here.  What do you think was the reason?  Biorythyms?  Humidity?  What?  

So put your money where your mouth is and say the Jets will win.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

So put your money where your mouth is and say the Jets will win.

LOL  

Really?  What are we, 12 years old now.  

Do our stats from last season really bother you that much that you go tantrum here?  

All I did was say that they shouldn't be taken lightly.  Otherwise, you still haven't given a reason why we lost one game last season and played poorly in both.  I gave you mine.  

I'm still all ears.  

I have no idea whether we'll win.  I'm pretty sure we'll be outcoached given the evidence for that.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

LOL  

Really?  What are we, 12 years old now.  

Do our stats from last season really bother you that much that you go tantrum here?  

All I did was say that they shouldn't be taken lightly.  Otherwise, you still haven't given a reason why we lost one game last season and played poorly in both.  I gave you mine.  

I'm still all ears.  

I have no idea whether we'll win.  I'm pretty sure we'll be outcoached given the evidence for that.  

First of all if you review the tape of the first game the middle of the field was wide open the entire game. Josh threw one ball in the first quarter to Gabe Davis who did what he does best and had it bounce off his hands. Josh never went back there again for the entire game. Making them easy to defend as all the jets had to do was play quarters on the sidelines. Second of all it was a tie game in the 4th quarter the jets entire last drive was most entirely runs. Zach had nothing to do with it.

Second game the Bills won but played sloppy cause by that time they had just pulled two receivers out of retirement for the active roster and Josh had no chemistry with either despite having played with Brown and Beasley before that. Mike White did very little but prove the Bills had essentially one receiver as some of the catches his receivers where making weren’t ones the Bills where making. In addition to that the Bills couldn’t run the ball like at all making them one dimensional.  To prove this point the leading rusher for the game for the Bills had 47 yards rushing and considering Josh only threw 27 passes wanna guess who had the 47 yards rushing? 

Now you know. 

2022 NY Jets Defense:

Week 1 - Loss 24-9 to Ravens.  Lamar 3 TDs.  Flacco actually threw 59 times for 300 yards for the Jets.  

Week 2 - The 31-30 miracle in Cleveland bc the Browns went full Browns.  But Cleveland had over 400 yards of offense.  

Week 3 - 27-12 Loss to Bengals.  Burrow 3 TDS and 275 yards passing.  

Week 4 - 24-20 win over the Steelers and the last game started by Mitch.  The Bills held the Steelers to 3 points.  

Week 5 - 40-17 win over SKYLER THOMPSON. 

Week 6 - 27-10 win over GB, who at the time had a QB that looked like he didn’t want to be there.  Behold, a few months later he forced his way out.  The Bills dominated them until Allen played YOLO ball for some reason.  

Week 7 - 16-9 win over BRETT RYPIEN.  

Week 8 - 22-17 loss to Mac Jones who was efficient.  The Pats didn’t need to force the issue bc Zach Wilson had 3 INTs

Week 9 - Jets 20 - Bills 17.   Allen’s worst game.  Diggs still had 5 catches for 95 yards.  Lots of Bills were out and I truly think we didn’t take them seriously.  Our running game was a joke that day.  

Week 10 - Patriots 10 Jets 3.  Mac Jones was was 23-27 for 247 yards.  I don’t even know what happened here.  

Week 11 - Jets 31 TREVEOR SIEMIAN 10.  

Week 12 - Vikings 27 Jets 22.  The Vikings were only sacked 2x and had zero turnovers.  

Week 13 - Bills 20 - Jets 12.  Again, no need to force anything bc the Jets O was bad.  Allen only threw 27 passes.  

Week 14 - Lions 20 Jets 17.  Goff 23-38 for 250 plus yards and no turnovers.   

Week 15 - Jaguars 19 - Jets 3.  Lawrence was 20-31 for 220 yards no turnovers.  Jags ran for 140 Lawrence had 50 and a TD.  

Week 16 - Seahawks 23 - Jets 6.  Geno 18-29 and 2 TDS.  No turnovers.  Walker had over 130 yards rushing. 

Week 17 - SKYLER THOMPSON 11 Jets 6.   

They might be elite.  But they absolutely shouldn’t be talking.  Literally nothing up there I posted says they should be talking.  But I hope they keep it going.  

They ain’t the Ravens.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

First of all if you review the tape of the first game the middle of the field was wide open the entire game.

Coaching issue, no?  

Josh threw one ball in the first quarter to Gabe Davis who did what he does best and had it bounce off his hands. Josh never went back there again for the entire game.

Got it, it was all Gabe's fault.  Things are starting to make sense in the discussion here.  

I didn't seen a pass in the PBP to Davis in the 1st Quarter.  He didn't have catches for 15 in the 2nd and 18 in the 4th though?  Box Score says he did.  

Otherwise, Allen's INT to Gardrner on a pass to Knox, setting up a TD drive from our own 19 didn't have as much to do with it then in a 3-point loss?  

Second game the Bills won but played sloppy cause by that time they had just pulled two receivers out of retirement for the active roster and Josh had no chemistry with either despite having played with Brown and Beasley before that. Mike White did very little but prove the Bills had essentially one receiver as some of the catches his receivers where making weren’t ones the Bills where making. In addition to that the Bills couldn’t run the ball like at all making them one dimensional.  To prove this point the leading rusher for the game for the Bills had 47 yards rushing and considering Josh only threw 27 passes wanna guess who had the 47 yards rushing? 

Oh, I see, so despite Diggs, Knox, Hines, Davis, McKenzie and Cook all still in the game, the Jets were a better roster than we were at the time.  Sure, got it.  

And of course that explains 232 total yards, 130 passing yards, and a mere 14 1st-Downs, all season worsts then, right?  

And that in Buffalo.  

Yeah, OK.  

You're right, should be a blowout for us this year.  Absolutely no reason for cautious optimism.  LOL  

11 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Coaching issue, no?  

Got it, it was all Gabe's fault.  Things are starting to make sense in the discussion here.  

I didn't seen a pass in the PBP to Davis in the 1st Quarter.  He didn't have catches for 15 in the 2nd and 18 in the 4th though?  Box Score says he did.  

Otherwise, Allen's INT to Gardrner on a pass to Knox, setting up a TD drive from our own 19 didn't have as much to do with it then in a 3-point loss?  

Oh, I see, so despite Diggs, Knox, Hines, Davis, McKenzie and Cook all still in the game, the Jets were a better roster than we were at the time.  Sure, got it.  

And of course that explains 232 total yards, 130 passing yards, and a mere 14 1st-Downs, all season worsts then, right?  

And that in Buffalo.  

Yeah, OK.  

You're right, should be a blowout for us this year.  Absolutely no reason for cautious optimism.  LOL  

Now you’ve seen the light since I actually watched these games and you where just watching the box scores the two jets games are put in much better  context… since it’s very obvious you also didn’t watch the second game you’d also see it took Mike White 44 passes to get that yardage total. Josh threw a mere 27 and still won. 

Now you’ve seen the light since I actually watched these games and you where just watching the box scores the two jets games are put in much better  context… since it’s very obvious you also didn’t watch the second game you’d also see it took Mike White 44 passes to get that yardage total. Josh threw a mere 27 and still won. 

LOL  

And you know that I didn't watch the games, or the game summary not long ago tonight, how?  

Funny, because your recollection of a dropped pass to Gabe Davis is nowhere to be found in two different box scores.  

Perhaps seeing an optometrist before your viewing this season would be a great idea if you'd like to actually see what you're commenting on.  

Just a suggestion though.  :)  

6 hours ago, PBF81 said:

LOL  

And you know that I didn't watch the games, or the game summary not long ago tonight, how?  

Funny, because your recollection of a dropped pass to Gabe Davis is nowhere to be found in two different box scores.  

Perhaps seeing an optometrist before your viewing this season would be a great idea if you'd like to actually see what you're commenting on.  

Just a suggestion though.  :)  

Watch the game and get back to me 

3rd & 10 at BUF 39

(14:04 - 2nd) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass incomplete short right to G.Davis. NYJ-D.Reed was injured during the play.

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Eyeroll 1

There will never be another 85 Bears defense or a Steel Curtain or a 2000 Ravens defense. Those defenses could do something that today's defenses can't. They could hit the crap out of you and the refs' yellow flags would stay in their pockets. In today's game it is geared towards the offense and not hitting defenseless players.  Some of the penalties they call for roughing are a joke as they really are just a regular tackles. You can't play defense today like they did back in the day.

• Agree 3

11 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I wish that the Bills had some of that swagger. 

i just think our culture is different.  Nobody ever talked like this in the McBeane era. They got plenty of swag, they just do the talking on the field.  And best believe the whole O , including coaches are looking at this ready to make a statement.  

Can only imagine how bad Allen and Diggs especially want to go out there and do damage after all the media b.s. Now this CB2 poking the bear 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.