OT…Now the Jets are the 85 Bears

78thealltimegreat

47 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I mean you can say what you want about dodson and milano - who blocks who... But Benford had him dead to rights and whiffed on his tackle in his gap...

Benford was deep covering and isn't a match for Cook in the open field.  The front-7 whiffed and stopping the run is their responsibility primarily.  Regardless, it's plays like that that we leave ourselves open to without a MLB presence beyond JAG, which is essentially all we have now.  Edmunds wasn't in on that play.  

47 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Like to see harty and cook involved there too.  Get those guys in some space and just keep the chains moving.  

Well me too, so do most of us.  Hines as well last season.  He caught a ton of balls in Indy, here, nothing.  We didn't use him.  

One of the things I'm going to do this season is create a medley video of all of the times that there's a short receiver open in the flats or slightly downfield outside, but Allen throws deep.  You may be surprised at how often that happens if nothing changes.  

But that's going to depend upon Dorsey/Allen.  

27 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Benford was deep covering and isn't a match for Cook in the open field.  The front-7 whiffed and stopping the run is their responsibility primarily.  Regardless, it's plays like that that we leave ourselves open to without a MLB presence beyond JAG, which is essentially all we have now.  Edmunds wasn't in on that play.  

Well me too, so do most of us.  Hines as well last season.  He caught a ton of balls in Indy, here, nothing.  We didn't use him.  

One of the things I'm going to do this season is create a medley video of all of the times that there's a short receiver open in the flats or slightly downfield outside, but Allen throws deep.  You may be surprised at how often that happens if nothing changes.  

But that's going to depend upon Dorsey/Allen.  

I'm not sure how much edmunds can do there, hamlin was pushed off completely into dodson by jefferson.  If you think edmunds is shooting that gap there i just doubt he could have got there.    

Benford just whiffed... i don't expect him to decleat the guy but can you at least get some hands on?  Then you got lewis playing the other safety who just takes a terrible angle.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

2 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I'm not sure how much edmunds can do there, hamlin was pushed off completely into dodson by jefferson.  If you think edmunds is shooting that gap there i just doubt he could have got there.    

Benford just whiffed... i don't expect him to decleat the guy but can you at least get some hands on?  Then you got lewis playing the other safety who just takes a terrible angle.  

Well, but to your own statements, why will that change this season?  

I'm seeing us giving up some big running plays, routinely.  

Just now, PBF81 said:

Well, but to your own statements, why will that change this season?  

I'm seeing us giving up some big running plays, routinely.  

Benford at the time was starter because he had to be.  Now he has to earn every bit of playing time.  Hamlin ideally won't be in, poyer will be.  Hyde is in over lewis.  Bernard is currently the starter (i think), but dodson and now kirksey are waiting in the wings if he doesn't earn his spot.  

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Benford at the time was starter because he had to be.  Now he has to earn every bit of playing time.  Hamlin ideally won't be in, poyer will be.  Hyde is in over lewis.  Bernard is currently the starter (i think), but dodson and now kirksey are waiting in the wings if he doesn't earn his spot.  

Indeed, but the point is in how much better that is.  

Poyer did not have knee surgery, we'll see if he has issues.  Hyde's well into his back-9 and back injuries have a tendency to recur.  

We'll know for sure soon.  But I don't see any way that how well we do isn't determined by the play of the offense.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.