Game Day Thread? Bills @ Steelers 8/19

EmotionallyUnstable

The good thing? This is showing us how bad the actual reserves and backups on this team can play… The bad thing? This is our backups and reserves…

At least we know this now. Some people want to do away with these games completely. Cool, well this is what we would be going into the season with a little more blindly without them. 🤮

6 minutes ago, sven233 said:

First watch, the guards looked good.  The interior of the O-Line didn't seem like a problem.  But, that could be because the tackles looked so bad it didn't give them a chance to look bad themselves.  But, I saw him really anchor on a couple plays.  Him and Torrance looked good watching live.

I agree. The way I saw it, they were happy with McGovern and Morse so they took them out on that drive before halftime, left Torrence in for more reps even though he played well , and punished Dawkins and Brown for poor play by leaving them in.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Dorian Williams tackles extremely well and looks decent in zone coverage, he does get completely washed out by blockers too frequently though. He won't be a realistic MLB candidate until he figures that out.

Best time to figure that out would have been reps at the position in preseason. Even a few early season games he could take some lumps. Get him up to speed come January should be the goal.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

It wasnt that long ago that Dion Dawkins was one of the best players on the team and hes only 29, what the hell happened to him? Did we just over rate him?

He’s overrated because he talks nice to and about the fans

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

So that's 20 points we gave up on drives that started in Bills territory.  Time for Kyle Allen to lead the comeback.

Or time for Kyle Allen to campaign for Barkley to keep things fair.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aimee75 said:

I think for the few haters he has over here, which is just ridiculous, it all boils down to good old fashioned jealousy, and nothing more.

I think it's more desperation. The whole team hinges on Josh being Superman and, because he has the physical talent to match, the expectation ratchets up again and again. Even when he gets little support from elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

God forbid take something seriously.

In that light, I take all responsibility for the train wreck this season will be.  I tore the Bills sticker off my car in a rage of frustration during a Thursday night game vs. the Jets several years ago and told my family I was on a Bills embargo until they stopped sucking. No tickets, no shirts, no nothing.  I went two games last year and put a sticker on my new car 2 weeks ago.  This is all my fault.

I'm all in.  I'm ordering a pair of "McDermott" glasses!

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

In that light, I take all responsibility for the train wreck this season will be.  I tore the Bills sticker off my car in a rage of frustration during a Thursday night game vs. the Jets several years ago and told my family I was on a Bills embargo until they stopped sucking. No tickets, no shirts, no nothing.  I went two games last year and put a sticker on my new car 2 weeks ago.  This is all my fault.

We'll give you this one. 😉

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.