Game Day Thread? Bills @ Steelers 8/19

EmotionallyUnstable

I’m surprised so many think we are just going to roll the Jets on opening night. 

I see an extremely physical Jets D getting ready to feast on our Oline. We can’t trust Dawkins or Brown.

It’s not naive to think that many teams in the AFC wil be able to play with us. the difference maker needs to be Josh..and once again we are going need  Josh to be Superman out there.. 

How many game changing ridiculous plays will Allen make just to be called back by another hold?

I’m at about. 6 confidence level that this team is ready for the environment that awaits. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The dude picked up a 2nd and 25 that got negated by an OL penalty lol I’m not sure what else he’s supposed to do 

he’s not gonna be out there making too many plays with his legs in the preseason.  

You know he absolutely wanted to on that third down play, you could see his thought process of “I bet I could truck this MF, ah wait it’s preseason”

• Like (+1) 1

My irritation with Josh - and I'm not saying that it's the case tonight - is that physically I think he's the best QB in the game right now. He has the strength, the speed, the eye, the legs. He's the whole package. But mentality lets him down. The O Line does not help. Neither do penalties, drops or play calling. But he seems to enter 'panic mode' more than other higher calibre QBs and that's the frustration. If he can sort it out then there wouldn't be a word in the dictionary to describe him as a QB. Otherworldly.

As said, wouldn't say it was an issue tonight. Especially as he no doubt was under strict instruction to stay safe.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 2

Just now, Roundybout said:

Explain last week then

Clearly it’s not every game… but I’ve never seen a playoff no show like I witnessed last year from a top tier team and can you see the Chiefs or Bengals going out there and doing this in preseason?

Would rather not see a pattern emerge.  One regular season no show game per year is enough. 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

You know he absolutely wanted to on that third down play, you could see his thought process of “I bet I could truck this MF, ah wait it’s preseason”

Also on 2nd and like 30 something they just had us run it a couple times and punt for some reason, instead of maybe practicing that situation?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

My irritation with Josh - and I'm not saying that it's the case tonight - is that physically I think he's the best QB in the game right now. He has the strength, the speed, the eye, the legs. He's the whole package. But mentality lets him down. The O Line does not help. Neither do penalties, drops or play calling. But he seems to enter 'panic mode' more than other higher calibre QBs and that's the frustration. If he can sort it out then there wouldn't be a word in the dictionary to describe him as a QB. Otherworldly.

As said, wouldn't say it was an issue tonight. Especially as he no doubt was under strict instruction to stay safe.

A thousand eye rolls and vomits coming your way brother 

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

Mitch Trubisky is A MILLION times better than Barkley. We should have done everything to keep him on our team. 

BTW: We are horrible right now

Trubisky went to be a starter. Then stunk the place out and got replaced by a rookie.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I’m surprised so many think we are just going to roll the Jets on opening night. 

I see an extremely physical Jets D getting ready to feast on our Oline. We can’t trust Dawkins or Brown.

It’s not naive to think that many teams in the AFC wil be able to play with us. the difference maker needs to be Josh..and once again we are going need  Josh to be Superman out there.. 

How many game changing ridiculous plays will Allen make just to be called back by another hold?

I’m at about. 6 confidence level that this team is ready for the environment that awaits. 

Im concerned by the team looking like last years Bengals bs.. but I’m also not going to overreact and think we see anything resembling this Week 1 against the Jets. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

I don’t hate him.  I loved him but you have to be realistic about his poor example, flailing work ethic, and bad hires.  It’s disappointing.  

Ok I need to ask-why do you believe all of this? Because you saw a couple of pics and heard a couple of stories? So because of that he did nothing this off-season? You know exactly what he did the entire time he was away? So he never ate right, never practiced, even though he hadn’t been like that since he came into the league? 

I’ve read your posts for a while and most are pretty good, these rakes aren’t a good look for you. Back away from the edge with all of the assumptions and overreactions to preseason (the team not moving the ball was DEFINITELY not his fault-that’s 100% on penalties)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.