Outside of MLB, Where are the Bills Worse in 2023?

jwhit34

25 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

First off, if Hartys 50 receiving yards is accurate that's an easy bet.  I'm not able to find that, but my point isn't necessarily about just stats (more on that below).  I could careless what McKenzie/Crowder are projected for on their new teams....they'll be getting different playing time/targets/etc.  It's about finding someone who can be more consistent/win 1-1 matchups/that isn't a total spaz, like Mck.

Second, Kincaid needs to be considered for obvious reasons (in my "new group" comment). 

Finally, the larger point isn't just about stats.  Yes, the stats will tell us alot about our Total offensive production/who contributed come year-end.  However, the main point is "consistency", and can these guys win their 1-1 matchups when Diggs is doubled. 

Again, there's alot of reasons to say "odds" are they will be better this year (consistency)...especially at slot, like I am pointing out.  McKenzie blew A LOT of opportunities and probably the most inconsistent player who received regular playing time.   Shakir, Kincaid, Harty, Sherfield...all guys I trust to be better/more reliable than McKenzie.

Did Gabe play consistent all year, of course not.  But if his ankle really did hold him back, then it's fair to say that as long as he doesn't injure it Week 2 again, then we might get better regular season production.

It's clear to me that we have improved at slot, the bar was super low vs LY tho.  Question is will it be enough.

I'm sure we can revisit this topic throughout the season 😁

Now remember.......you are the one who introduced the idea of "odds making" because you thought it added gravity to your very vague, unobjective opinion.

The whole basis for all this arguing with me is about "odds are".

And that's not what the odds actually suggest.

We ALL expect these additions to be productive in our hearts......as fans.     

But the reality with veteran players is that they are usually closer to what have proven they are.

Beane NEEDS some pro personnel adds to pan out, though.   He batted .000 in that regard in 2021 and 2022.

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Now remember.......you are the one who introduced the idea of "odds making" because you thought it added gravity to your very vague, unobjective opinion.

But the reality with veteran players is that they are usually closer to what have proven they are.

Beane NEEDS some pro personnel adds to pan out, though.   He batted .000 in that regard in 2021 and 2022.

DaQuon Jones was a helluva player last year. He had the best season of his career judging from PFF, PFR's AV, and the ol' eyeball test. 

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

When I say odds, I meant chances/likelihood...nowhere did I say those are betting prop bets.

But I agree with what you just said...it's my objective opinion that it's an improved group.  Not measurable right now, and still will be partially judgment come season, but I think we will see a clear improvement over McK in the slot.

Youre Introducing a different topic about Beanes pro adds in 2021 and 2022.  I disagree with that too, but not going to get into it.  I think he's missed the most with resources poured into DL, FA and draft, since his arrival....thats held us back in past 2 playoffs, along with other reasons.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

DaQuon Jones was a helluva player last year. He had the best season of his career judging from PFF, PFR's AV, and the ol' eyeball test. 

Yea Jones was a good pickup and Von, obviously. But Settle? Meh. Saffold? Mess. Howard? Didn't make it out of camp. 

2021 Sanders did okay. But that was about it. 

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Jones was a good pickup and Von, obviously. But Settle? Meh. Saffold? Mess. Howard? Didn't make it out of camp. 

2021 Sanders did okay. But that was about it. 

No doubt. I'm just responding to this line: "He batted .000 in that regard in 2021 and 2022."

• Like (+1) 1

I guess I could make an argument that the 2023 Buffalo Bills pass catchers (WRs, TEs and RBs) are superior to the same from 2022.

With Dorsey having a year under his belt I have optimism for a good year in the passing game.

Same might be said for the running game.  A healthy Josh Allen season could make for a fun year.  It's up to the OL to tie it all together.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Yes I meant to say .000 on "offensive" additions.    

I thought Von Miller was great last year.  

Jones was good.......as he always is.......his PFF rating of 72 falls squarely in between his 65 and 77 highs and lows over the previous 4 seasons.  

Which is sorta' the point with expectations.........its not rational to expect guys who were only good once in 4 or 5 seasons to be that good(or better).   

The last UFA addition that they got as much or more than was expected from on offense was Daryl Williams in 2020.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

When I say odds, I meant chances/likelihood...nowhere did I say those are betting prop bets.

But I agree with what you just said...it's my objective opinion that it's an improved group.  Not measurable right now, and still will be partially judgment come season, but I think we will see a clear improvement over McK in the slot.

Youre Introducing a different topic about Beanes pro adds in 2021 and 2022.  I disagree with that too, but not going to get into it.  I think he's missed the most with resources poured into DL, FA and draft, since his arrival....thats held us back in past 2 playoffs, along with other reasons.

Your opinion is NOT in the least bit objective. :lol:   

You are literally discounting the data that professionals use to project the likelihood of something happening.

My point is simple.........the informed, objective viewpoint is that they likely haven't improved by swapping those 4 players around.

Do I think they have gotten better?   I have no choice but to believe so because I couldn't stand Lil' Dummy and Crowder was a bust.

But Sharty and Sherfield have been the Lil' Dummy(low production) and Crowder(injured) on their respective teams before...........they are just new to us so we can have optimism about them.   

Understanding the difference between that largely blind hope and the actual  likelihood is what being objective is about.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Your opinion is NOT in the least bit objective. :lol:   

You are literally discounting the data that professionals use to project the likelihood of something happening.

My point is simple.........the informed, objective viewpoint is that they likely haven't improved by swapping those 4 players around.

Do I think they have gotten better?   I have no choice but to believe so because I couldn't stand Lil' Dummy and Crowder was a bust.

But Sharty and Sherfield have been the Lil' Dummy(low production) and Crowder(injured) on their respective teams before...........they are just new to us so we can have optimism about them.   

Understanding the difference between that largely blind hope and the actual  likelihood is what being objective is about.

Prop bets dont mean jack.  We've resorted to using whatever stat/metric, to justify your opinion.

Get over yourself, same guy saying JuJu is a #1.....hello, take your own advice...the NFL GMs have spoken, the man got less than $9m AAV....sound like #1 money?

Again, you have your opinion.  And I have mine.  Let's see how season plays out.

But I bet if we poll Bills fans, many will say we are better off at the slot position coming into this season.  That's been my main point and you keeping diverting, look here-look there-this stat-now prop bets.  

Be fun to revisit when season gets rolling.  I "bet" you'll find a way to prove your point though, regardless of what occurs...because you are type of individual that can't be wrong...am I right?🤣🤪

bill-murray-groundhog-day.gif.56efe72ace88ae25600809290afd042c.gif

Edited by MasterStrategist

2 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Prop bets dont mean jack.  We've resorted to using whatever stat/metric, to justify your opinion.

Get over yourself, same guy saying JuJu is a #1.....hello, take your own advice...the NFL GMs have spoken, the man got less than $9m AAV....sound like #1 money?

Again, you have your opinion.  And I have mine.  Let's see how season plays out.

But I bet if we poll Bills fans, many will say we are better off at the slot position coming into this season.  That's been my main point and you keeping diverting, look here-look there-this stat-now prop bets.  

Be fun to revisit when season gets rolling.  I "bet" you'll find a way to prove your point though, regardless of what occurs...because you are type of individual that can't be wrong...am I right?🤣🤪

bill-murray-groundhog-day.gif.56efe72ace88ae25600809290afd042c.gif

Your takes in this thread rival the most idiotic/illogical that I've seen. :lol:

13 hours ago, ngbills said:

Do people understand Edmunds role in this defense? A lot of critics that he did not blow up the line, make tackles behind the line, etc. That was not his job. He was not used like some middle LB that don’t have two gap responsibility or have such a big role in the passing game. That is why he rarely blitzed or was rarely chasing guys behind the line of scrimmage. 

Until last season, Edmonds looked like he was at a carnival. Regularly taking a RB, TE and even a few WR rides for 6+ yard rides. A few games of splash in the pan efforts. I say all this being a TE supporter hoping he would finally live up to the wingspan and measurables. He rarely did (in my opinion). Will we miss him? Maybe, I dunno I’m willing to see what happens with the D as a whole. 
Curious to see how fast Chicago take him up as the whipping boy he was on this forum. I don’t think he’s an upgrade over either player they had in the position last season. 
Time will tell if Buffalo is better off, I agree the money was used better than signing him again to a big contract though. 

14 hours ago, ngbills said:

Do people understand Edmunds role in this defense? A lot of critics that he did not blow up the line, make tackles behind the line, etc. That was not his job. He was not used like some middle LB that don’t have two gap responsibility or have such a big role in the passing game. That is why he rarely blitzed or was rarely chasing guys behind the line of scrimmage. 

Agreed but the Bills brass didn't think his value was enough to match the Bears offer or extend him in the 2020 or 2021 off-season.  It's not like we lost a Luke Kuechly quality MLB in McD's defense.  

After yesterday: OT needs to be in the conversation.  Brown seems to be laboring again with a back issue and if that’s indeed the case, we can’t be surprised if they shut him down at least to begin the season.  And Dawkins does not appear to be off to a great start in camp this year, and he has the body type and lackadaisical attitude towards fitness and preparation that render him susceptible to his play completely falling off a cliff one of these years.  This could be the year, we don’t know.  I’m telling you all, Dawkins is the type who all of a sudden one day will completely lose his skills as opposed to a gradual decline, and it’s going to shock some people when it happens.  He is not the type of LT who is going to be able to play at a high level late into his 30s, like Wentworth, unless he radically changes his approach.

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

After yesterday: OT needs to be in the conversation.  Brown seems to be laboring again with a back issue and if that’s indeed the case, we can’t be surprised if they shut him down at least to begin the season.  And Dawkins does not appear to be off to a great start in camp this year, and he has the body type and lackadaisical attitude towards fitness and preparation that render him susceptible to his play completely falling off a cliff one of these years.  This could be the year, we don’t know.  I’m telling you all, Dawkins is the type who all of a sudden one day will completely lose his skills as opposed to a gradual decline, and it’s going to shock some people when it happens.  He is not the type of LT who is going to be able to play at a high level late into his 30s, like Wentworth, unless he radically changes his approach.

Agree. Especially on Dion. It is why I have for two offseasons being saying LT is a sneaky need. Let Dion move inside where his body issues are less likely to affect his play and try mitigate that decline and slow the curve a bit. 

Edit: you mean Whitworth though. Wentworth is a golf course in south west London :D

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Unless players significantly fall off due to age I see zero positions of decline outside the huge ? At MLB. 

The other question I see is at DE. So much hinges on Von Miller returning to form (at some point this season). Leonard Floyd is a nice pick up to hold the fort down until Miller is ready - and he’ll be a good player to have in the rotation after. But until Miller is back to his old self we have a clear and obvious downgrade at DE.

On 8/1/2023 at 11:47 AM, ngbills said:

That is a very naïve mindset. It is one thing to say you would not may him $20M per, but to pretend that he is no different than a guy like Dodson, Spector, etc makes no sense. Edmunds is being paid like a top LB in the league because he is one. If he was not getting paid like he is there is no doubt he would be the starting MLB for the Bills. 

Overhyped players are frequently overpaid. In a couple of years when the Bears figure out what they're getting for their money, Edmunds will be looking for another team. 

I've re-watched games from the past 3 seasons, specifically focusing in on Edmunds.

More often than not he was a liability in my opinion. He had a couple of decent games, but most of the time he can be seen chasing the play, getting blocked out of the way, not creating fumbles, not getting interceptions, 'assisting' on tackles when an opposing ball carrier is already halfway to the ground from another defender, or just being in close proximity to that ball carrier after the tackle.  

His condor-like wing span was supposed to be integral in clogging up passing lanes. That doesn't work unless your in a position to do that. Edmunds' poor instincts prevented him from being in position. My guess is he followed the defensive playbook to the letter, making him predictable. 

It was weird watching him trail a ball carrier when it appeared another Bill would be there to make the tackle, and it looked like Edmunds was running at half speed, assuming the teammate would make the tackle. Seriously, he sometimes looked like he was out for a morning jog. 

I have nothing against him personally, and by all accounts was well-liked by his teammates. I just don't believe he was all he was made out to be by the press and some fans.

The organization is very loyal to their players and would never disparage any of them publicly, but I believe if they had really wanted to keep him, they could have found a way.

Prediction: in a couple of years he'll come knocking on the door at One Bills Drive as a FA, just like the numerous other players that came back home after a stint with another team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

As the self-proclaimed resident Aggie fan on this board - Dodson will be great as our starting MLB this season.

I got to watch him in person at Kyle Field a few times and liked what I saw. Gave former top QB picks like Rosen and Hurts fits. 

Couldn't tell you why he went undrafted besides that the Aggies didn't live up to the billing those few years, and the spotlight was all around Myles Garrett for his freshman season. Maybe if Dodson stayed for his senior year he'd have been a 3rd or 4th round pick.

But look at guys like Milano - we can hit on some marquee guys later on and even undrafteds.

I've got 100% faith in Dodson at MLB alongside Milano as his partner in crime.

1 minute ago, Kaenon said:

As the self-proclaimed resident Aggie fan on this board - Dodson will be great as our starting MLB this season.

I got to watch him in person at Kyle Field a few times and liked what I saw. Gave former top QB picks like Rosen and Hurts fits. 

Couldn't tell you why he went undrafted besides that the Aggies didn't live up to the billing those few years, and the spotlight was all around Myles Garrett for his freshman season. Maybe if Dodson stayed for his senior year he'd have been a 3rd or 4th round pick.

But look at guys like Milano - we can hit on some marquee guys later on and even undrafteds.

I've got 100% faith in Dodson at MLB alongside Milano as his partner in crime.

I had a draftable grade on him. Thought his tape was strong. Also said on here pre-draft that I thought he was a good Bills fit. It's been a real mixed bag when he has been out there on the field so far. I think he is probably a backup really. But I hope he proves me wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm fairly certain Dion Dawkins will be ready for the season.  Vets like him and Morse are not going 100% during camp like some UDFA.

Nor should they.  It's a long season.  Dion's contract is up after next year and I could see a LT drafted in the near future.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

The corpse of John Brown and Cole Beasley might be better than JAG Trent and often injured Harty… if Harty can stay healthy than yea I agree.

It was so erratic. 

Kumerow and Crowder were 0's. 

John Brown catches a bomb, and nothing else. 

Beasley scores in the Dolphins Playoff game, but his usage was off from 2020/2021. 

McKenzie was so inefficient that just getting him off the field and replacing him with Shakir should be better (if Josh looks his way). 

I have to think between Harty, Sherfield, and Shorter there has to be more than 500 yards and 4 TDs in there. 

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The corpse of John Brown and Cole Beasley might be better than JAG Trent and often injured Harty… if Harty can stay healthy than yea I agree.

Agree with you at OT though. 

Brown is a red flag and he doesn't appear to be any better physically. 

On 8/1/2023 at 9:40 PM, Thurman#1 said:

It really is NOT.

The $18M AAV contract is the reason we let him walk.

They've made it abundantly clear, over and over and over again, that they loved Tremaine, they wanted him back, and they couldn't afford it and stay in decent cap shape.

Who says we are worse at MLB? Everyone. 

Hopefully the new guys will step up, though, as they see time and reps.

Nobody thought around the league Edmunds was a pariah and a weak point. It was only a group of folks here in Buffalo who mostly wanted someone more like Brandon Spikes.

You're right that things could change, but right now it absolutely looks like we're worse off there. That's no hot take or knee jerk reaction.

Oh, and Milano was in no way whatsoever considered a JAG before he got his contract. He's been excellent really since the middle of year two.

Edmunds was definitely talented and has the size and speed to make him attractive to other teams who may want to use his attributes differently.  However, you see this all the time in the NFL with measurables.  It’s why the Bills drafted him so high and it’s why he’s getting paid so well by the Bears - it’s not about his body of work as much as his perceived potential.  I didn’t think he was awful but I also didn’t think he was very consistent at being a vital part of the D.  He was okay, and he didn’t have the instincts to be great.  It’s debatable whether our coaching wanted him to do anything more than he was doing, but if that’s what they needed then he would never be worth what the Bears paid.  You have to think they wanted more than that with where he was drafted and that if he was fulfilling their vision of what he would be he wouldn’t have made it to FA status. 

Age of the overall roster is one of my worries.

Age of a lot of our top end guys is also something that could factor in. Even Diggs is around that age where he could lose a step. But I thought he would lose that step last year and he proved me wrong. Really had his best year yet as a Bill.

But Von, Hyde and Poyer, yes on paper it is better to have this trio on the roster rather than out or banged up like they were last year. But strictly in terms of where we were last offseason compared to this offseason, those players were a year younger and healthy this time last year. Now they are a year older and coming off of injuries. 

Tre White even turns 29 come playoff time. Milano is 29 now. Mitch Morse 31 and already showing injuries last year.  Dion Dawkins 29. Not every player will break down at 29+ but with seemingly so many in that age group I would expect one of two to start to slide in productivity. 

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Tre White even turns 29 come playoff time.

Never mind about White's age!  We still don't know if he can play anywhere CLOSE to who he was before his last injury.

Jury still very much out on him.

Might want to watch the season play out before you declare we are worse at middle linebacker. Removing the young, statuesque kid from the middle and putting someone who knows how to read a run play in there might actually benefit the defense. 

On 8/1/2023 at 4:11 PM, Limeaid said:

Isaiah McKenzie was a feast or famine WR; I cannot see Harty matching McKenzie's performance against New England (11 catches on 12 targets for 125 yards and a touchdown) where the GOAT DC & HC had no solution for him.  He might replace Hines for a year but that is it and I think he was overpaid.  

I think its interesting you picked one really good game from McKenzie and not put in account all the MEH games he had.  Harty has been plagued by injuries his entire career. 2 years ago he had a 59 target 570 yards 15 yard average in 13 games. McKenzie best year was 65 targets 423 yards averaging around 10 yards. I would easily argue that a healthy Harty = McKenzie. 

Health is the biggest issue. But lets not talk about one great game. McKenzie had a Dude named Josh Allen.. Who was throwing to Harty? Winston? Taysom Hill?

Perspective...

What’s up with all the Dawkins hate? I mean, come on. He’s been a pillar here for quite some time, a great community contributor and personality. He has a few poor games, and people rag on him like he’s lazy because his body image? 

Am I missing something? The amount of hate people have is wild to me. You can dislike his play, or think they need to improve, just not sure why a fan would bash a guy for something like this. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think its interesting you picked one really good game from McKenzie and not put in account all the MEH games he had.  Harty has been plagued by injuries his entire career. 2 years ago he had a 59 target 570 yards 15 yard average in 13 games. McKenzie best year was 65 targets 423 yards averaging around 10 yards. I would easily argue that a healthy Harty = McKenzie. 

Health is the biggest issue. But lets not talk about one great game. McKenzie had a Dude named Josh Allen.. Who was throwing to Harty? Winston? Taysom Hill?

Perspective...

I stated he was a Feast or Famine  player - I acknowledged he had as you call them "meh" games.  And McKenzie won that game for us with Josh Allen throwing to him.

Talking about Perspective Hardy is being paid far more than McKenzie was.  And "healthy Harty" ?  The check that McKenzie could not cash was his mouth - he talked too much and should have used energy on his skills more.

He cannot stay healthy - why do you think he will be with Buffalo?  McKenzie played almost every game for Buffalo, was used on scout team (he took Lemar Jackson's role in practice for playoff game where Bills beat Ravens) and even played on defense when necessary.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Age of the overall roster is one of my worries.

Age of a lot of our top end guys is also something that could factor in. Even Diggs is around that age where he could lose a step. But I thought he would lose that step last year and he proved me wrong. Really had his best year yet as a Bill.

But Von, Hyde and Poyer, yes on paper it is better to have this trio on the roster rather than out or banged up like they were last year. But strictly in terms of where we were last offseason compared to this offseason, those players were a year younger and healthy this time last year. Now they are a year older and coming off of injuries. 

Tre White even turns 29 come playoff time. Milano is 29 now. Mitch Morse 31 and already showing injuries last year.  Dion Dawkins 29. Not every player will break down at 29+ but with seemingly so many in that age group I would expect one of two to start to slide in productivity. 

There are a lot of players in their late 20's and early 30's at key positions. Which is a concern short term and a massive concern long term. They are going to have to draft really well in the next 2 drafts to sustain the current success. You always need to draft well but once you are up against the cap your drafting needs to be even more impactful. I like what they did in the past draft, adding the best TE and Guard are going to help Josh out a lot long term hopefully. They need to likely spend 3 out of the first 4 picks on offense next year as well and then hit on some mid to late-round defensive players. 

Luckily the Bills have been fairly good at drafting and they make smart mid-level free agency additions. But for 2023 I don't expect the team's age to be a massive issue just yet. 

On 8/1/2023 at 11:10 AM, wppete said:

Losing Edmunds is going to hurt. 

McD will have to get creative w/ blitz packages to protect the gaping hole in the middle of the field. I think Klein is the best option until Beane addresses it in the next draft. Knows the system and is only a couple years removed from a pretty productive season w/ the Bills (5 sacks, 2 FF.) 

15 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

McD will have to get creative w/ blitz packages to protect the gaping hole in the middle of the field. I think Klein is the best option until Beane addresses it in the next draft. Knows the system and is only a couple years removed from a pretty productive season w/ the Bills (5 sacks, 2 FF.) 

I expect a lot of 6 DB looks with Milano as the single LB.

10 hours ago, Ayjent said:

Edmunds was definitely talented and has the size and speed to make him attractive to other teams who may want to use his attributes differently.  However, you see this all the time in the NFL with measurables.  It’s why the Bills drafted him so high and it’s why he’s getting paid so well by the Bears - it’s not about his body of work as much as his perceived potential.  I didn’t think he was awful but I also didn’t think he was very consistent at being a vital part of the D.  He was okay, and he didn’t have the instincts to be great.  It’s debatable whether our coaching wanted him to do anything more than he was doing, but if that’s what they needed then he would never be worth what the Bears paid.  You have to think they wanted more than that with where he was drafted and that if he was fulfilling their vision of what he would be he wouldn’t have made it to FA status. 

On 8/4/2023 at 3:06 AM, SoMAn said:

Overhyped players are frequently overpaid. In a couple of years when the Bears figure out what they're getting for their money, Edmunds will be looking for another team. 

I've re-watched games from the past 3 seasons, specifically focusing in on Edmunds.

More often than not he was a liability in my opinion. He had a couple of decent games, but most of the time he can be seen chasing the play, getting blocked out of the way, not creating fumbles, not getting interceptions, 'assisting' on tackles when an opposing ball carrier is already halfway to the ground from another defender, or just being in close proximity to that ball carrier after the tackle.  

His condor-like wing span was supposed to be integral in clogging up passing lanes. That doesn't work unless your in a position to do that. Edmunds' poor instincts prevented him from being in position. My guess is he followed the defensive playbook to the letter, making him predictable. 

It was weird watching him trail a ball carrier when it appeared another Bill would be there to make the tackle, and it looked like Edmunds was running at half speed, assuming the teammate would make the tackle. Seriously, he sometimes looked like he was out for a morning jog. 

I have nothing against him personally, and by all accounts was well-liked by his teammates. I just don't believe he was all he was made out to be by the press and some fans.

The organization is very loyal to their players and would never disparage any of them publicly, but I believe if they had really wanted to keep him, they could have found a way.

Prediction: in a couple of years he'll come knocking on the door at One Bills Drive as a FA, just like the numerous other players that came back home after a stint with another team.

Tremaine played as close to 100% of the snaps as a player can play. It is so odd how people continue to talk like he was a liability on the field. The Bears and other NFL teams only see his size. The bills played him from day 1 and kept him on the field and never looked to replace or even support him. Yes he sucks and only has size. This stuff makes no sense. If Josh walked rather than resigning is this what the narrative would be? People just love his arm and size and speed but he was terrible. 

Does anyone who really watched Edmunds see that he made a substantial difference against QBs like Burrow and Mahomes, meaning did he really take away the middle of the field or limit throws in the middle. 

I could be wrong but I don't recall Cinci and the Chiefs having to rely on the short outside.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.