Kim Pegula at Camp today!!!

drummernut74

2 minutes ago, loedward22 said:

I don’t think there’s any pictures of her as she appeared today… or are there?

Her and Terry were watching from and SUV parked off to the side. There’s a quick video of Josh walking over to say hello but she wasn’t visible. No way in hell they’re going to let people see her or make her available 

4 minutes ago, drummernut74 said:

Her and Terry were watching from and SUV parked off to the side. There’s a quick video of Josh walking over to say hello but she wasn’t visible. No way in hell they’re going to let people see her or make her available 

This is an odd take. Is she still in such “bad shape” that she can’t be seen (photographed) in public? If that’s the case, that is very sad.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Bob Jones said:

This is an odd take. Is she still in such “bad shape” that she can’t be seen (photographed) in public? If that’s the case, that is very sad.

Aphasia is really bad *****. My folk’s neighbor across the street has it and it’s extremely sad and very unpredictable 

12 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Why is it an odd take?  I wouldn't be surprised if she is having trouble walking and didn't want people to see that.  And yes, it's sad no matter how you look at it, but good she got out.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Why is it an odd take?  I wouldn't be surprised if she is having trouble walking and didn't want people to see that.  And yes, it's sad no matter how you look at it, but good she got out.

This is the text I found odd: “No way in hell they’re going to let people see her or make her available.” If she was willing to go out IN PUBLIC, and apparently it was known that she was there, why not let people see her? I mean, I guess if somebody had binoculars, and was at the proper angle to her vehicle, they could have gotten a look at her. Going by drummernut74’s take, why didn’t they just hide the fact that she was there?

The whole situation with her, from the day she just disappeared from the scene, has been handled really badly, IMHO. And all under the guise of “give her privacy.” Presidents of billion dollar organizations are normally not given that luxury.

Edit to Add: Had she NOT been President of the Bills, then I would agree that it would have been “nobody’s business”, as she would have just been a spouse of the owner, but…she was President of a billion dollar organization, very visible in the organization, and then poof, she’s gone for 6 months before anybody knows what happened. It was just very strange and perplexing. 

Edited by Bob Jones
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Disagree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 7

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

Without any emotions involved

It's semi different because nobody cares how good she can walk.. she could be in a wheelchair and people would rally behind her... Nobody is hating her for being sick 

She's literally the second most important person in the bills organization and people want to know how she is

Out of sight out of mind is one thing... But showing up to camp has to show she's in the right direction amd people generally wanna know how she is 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

Sadly, I don't know if this is a good sign or not.  She has aphasia.  They can easily load her up into the car and take her to camp, aphasia or not.  Maybe she's doing well physically.  I don't know.  But just because she's at camp doesn't mean she's doing well cognitively.  

Though I'm praying for the best.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

This is the text I found odd: “No way in hell they’re going to let people see her or make her available.” If she was willing to go out IN PUBLIC, and apparently it was known that she was there, why not let people see her? I mean, I guess if somebody had binoculars, and was at the proper angle to her vehicle, they could have gotten a look at her. Going by drummernut74’s take, why didn’t they just hide the fact that she was there?

The whole situation with her, from the day she just disappeared from the scene, has been handled really badly, IMHO. And all under the guise of “give her privacy.” Presidents of billion dollar organizations are normally not given that luxury.

Baby steps, man.  Aphasia is a really seriously bad thing 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

No it hasn't and while you think you are entitled to know more, you're really not.  She suffered a catastrophic event and will probably never be working, much less as President of the Bills, again.  I think that was obvious after several months of not seeing her. 

Again she probably has mobility issues so getting out of the SUV and having people see that isn't something she wanted.  The fact that she was out is a great first step. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

You clearly are Jonesing for something... but it isn't here. Hit the street for that.

• Haha (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

What I'm about to say, understand I mean with the utmost of respect to you as a fellow person. And if I misunderstood your intension, forgive me. 

But who in the world are you? Are you her family? Her friend? The entitled viewpoint is astonishing to me. We're really going to start asking questions as to why they "wouldn't let people see her?". Maybe...and this may shock you ..MAYBE she doesn't feel comfortable being seen. 

Why was she there? Maybe...just MAYBE she was tired of being stuck home and wanted to get out. Maybe she had n appointment in the area. Or maybe her and Terry just wanted a day where things felt NORMAL again. 

In any event I don't care if she is/was President of a Billion dollar corporation, a stay at home mom, a fry cook at Denny's...people deserve the privacy that they feel comfortable with. Now by it's been handled badly...do you mean because they haven't shared the dirty details of her health and well being? Because if that's why... explain to my WHY you need to know. You don't. Nor do I. We can, however, feel thankful she's still on this side of the soil and was apparently in good enough health today for an outing. Everything else you need to know was shared by her daughter at the link below. And honestly she didn't even have to share as much as she did. The whole Pegula family deserves privacy and has been MORE than generous in sharing what they have.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/jessica-pegula-tennis

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I am sure being near the team, in the sunshine, hometown, with her kids was a great feeling. uplifting for her and family. “Mom, daughter, wife, loves the Bills and she got to be here and share with us”

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

No it hasn't and while you think you are entitled to know more, you're really not.  She suffered a catastrophic event and will probably never be working, much less as President of the Bills, again.  I think that was obvious after several months of not seeing her. 

I was gonna say… she’s not president of the org anymore, is she?

Just now, Bob Jones said:

Didn’t they wait MANY months before doing that? Just talking about the Bills here…

Well, MANY months or MANY hours after her incident is still after her incident.  I don't remember the timeline, but I remember the Sabres front office was just picking up slack until things became reorganized.  I have to imagine same for Bills.  Terry just assumed role of Bills President a couple of weeks ago after Ron Racouia was let go 

3 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

I don't think that she can't be photographed in public it is just giving a person thats still not 100% (and I believe if Kim felt 100% back to normal she'd be back at the teams offices at least in a light workload capacity maybe just oversee things going well) the time and space to recuperate.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Who else remembers the posters here saying Jessica was a privileged little rich girl with a hobby playing tennis? She not only plays tennis at the highest level in the world, but she seems to have a lot of her mom in her. That is an amazing gift to all of us.   

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2

33 minutes ago, Augie said:

Who else remembers the posters here saying Jessica was a privileged little rich girl with a hobby playing tennis? She not only plays tennis at the highest level in the world, but she seems to have a lot of her mom in her. That is an amazing gift to all of us.   

The older I get, the more disgusted I am by people. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

The older I get, the more disgusted I am by people. 

I prefer to be encouraged. Jessica is an amazing young woman. Anybody would the thrilled to have her in the family, and she is in the BILLS FAMILY. 

People will learn that in time. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Edit to Add: Had she NOT been President of the Bills, then I would agree that it would have been “nobody’s business”, as she would have just been a spouse of the owner, but…she was President of a billion dollar organization, very visible in the organization, and then poof, she’s gone for 6 months before anybody knows what happened. It was just very strange and perplexing. 

we have pro's around here at digging their own graves quite fast...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

She had a heart attack/stroke (maybe). This may be the most she recovers. Everyone has their own pace.

I had stroke 9 years ago and could have had a fatal heart attack if the clot had gone to my heart instead of my head. I laid in the bed in the hospital and wondered if I would be anywhere near normal again.  Everyone has their own pace of recovery, that is IF they recover.  Luckily, I recovered almost completely.  Some people don't. You would mot know I had one if you meet me in person. It took me almost a year to recover. One thing it did was  make me  almost immune to things upsetting me.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Wacka said:

She had a heart attack/stroke (maybe). This may be the most she recovers. Everyone has their own pace.

I had stroke 9 years ago and could have had a fatal heart attack if the clot had gone to my heart instead of my head. I laid in the bed in the hospital and wondered if I would be anywhere near normal again.  Everyone has their own pace of recovery, that is IF they recover.  Luckily, I recovered almost completely.  Some people don't. You would mot know I had one if you meet me in person. It took me almost a year to recover. One thing it did was  make me  almost immune to things upsetting me.

She suffered from global brain hypoxia from her cardiac arrest where as with your stroke there was a specific area of the brain that got lack of blood flow/oxygen.  Most of her recovery has already taken place in the first month or two but people aren‘t statistics so only time will tell. I doubt she ever works again but what’s more important is she has some quality of life with her family and being able to go to the Bills practice is a good sign.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Oh,Bob. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.