Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

29 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Thank you so much for this succinct summary of all the rumors regarding the Diggs/Allen soap opera. I really don't have the patience to search for all of it. If any of this is true - let's hope that Josh doesn't get completely out of control & go all Travis Henry on us ...

I was just thinking - I hope that Josh's family tree doesn't wind up looking something like this someday:

HENRY FAMILY TREE

image.thumb.png.c8151e1d0b7faada2c9b2855f9c62444.png

Father's Day weekend must be one of the most eventful few days of the year for the Henry family. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This type of speculation is nothing but a waste of time at this point.  What’s the purpose of posting it other than to create unnecessary chatter?

Like 80% of the posts in this thread? 🤔

A lot of this "he said, she said" is a little much.  No wonder Stef is like "keep on cappin'" because no one really knows anything, but everyone thinks they do! :beer: 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Allow me to share an equation I find irrefutable.

Egocentric+lacking self awareness + attention seeking + petulant = foolish

This is not specific to Diggs nor am I saying he is any of the above, but the equation is true.

It's an interesting point. 

I disagree with you. 

A fool, to me, is someone who is unable to understand How Things Work.  In some modern lingo, I would call it logical or naturalistic intelligence.  I think Diggs understands How Things Work and has high logical intelligence, to master the nuances of an NFL playbook, understand defenses and how they will react to him, and succeed in business endeavors.  The QB is needed to throw the WR the ball.  The QB handles the ball every play.  The QB is the Big Man in the public eye.  I think Stef Gets That.  I don't think AB gets that, which is why we get stupidity from AB over stuff like needing a new helmet that is authorized for NFL use, or not paying his personal chef or his movers.  I'd be shocked if that happened with Diggs.

What I'm suggesting is that I think Diggs is low in what is sometimes called "Emotional Intelligence".  He sees stuff as about him.  Example 1: any in Buffalo are without power and low on food and can't travel, to earn money or buy needed medical supplies and food.  People have died.  Diggs is tweeting about how his chef can't get there so he has to cook for himself, 0 of 5 stars does not recommend.  Example 2: Diggs knows he's a great WR and can help the team.  But he doesn't see the emotional impact of him visually ranting and arguing with his QB on the sideline to throw him the ball, has on a QB who may be struggling due to torn UCL causing erratic ball placement issues/changed throwing motion to a less accurate one; lack of OL protection, etc.  It's all about him.  Example 3: If there are issues between Diggs and Allen, Diggs could have resolved them at any time during the off season.  He could have shown up to OTAs and resolved them there.  Instead, while (per Josh) "not wanting this to be a distraction", he chose to air them in the most dramatic way, showing up for mandatory minicamp and then leaving the building.  Even if he's sore about legit issues, he seems to lack awareness of what a dilemma that poses for the coaches who are trying to assimilate new players into their culture and build a team.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

And all of this is because (one of the theories) Stef is mad that Josh wasn’t ready for Cinci because of his relationship issues? Well, it almost makes sense. Josh saying it’s not football. Coach being “blindsided” by it. Stef realizing Josh’s night of craziness cost him one of his last shots at a ring. 

Did anyone watch this game? It wasn't his best, but they were going to lose no matter what. The Bengals just rolled all over the defense and could not be stopped. Sloppy play from the offense all around, not just Josh. Holding him solely responsible for this ugly game is just crazy to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Did anyone watch this game? It wasn't his best, but they were going to lose no matter what. The Bengals just rolled all over the defense and could not be stopped. Sloppy play from the offense all around, not just Josh. Holding him solely responsible for this ugly game is just crazy to me.

Yep.  I was initially upset with Josh after that game but just recently re-watching it I noticed he was actually one of the bright spots that day.   He tried to carry the team despite the O-line getting blown up literally every single play.   

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I was just thinking - I hope that Josh's family tree doesn't wind up looking something like this someday:

HENRY FAMILY TREE

image.thumb.png.c8151e1d0b7faada2c9b2855f9c62444.png

Father's Day weekend must be one of the most eventful few days of the year for the Henry family. 

Sorry you have failed to spread your seed well. 

46 minutes ago, boyst said:

I do not think the Bills PR does that good with PR. They're lucky they're in a small market with passive journalism. They have a stranglehold over the media. If this was LA, NY, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, or maybe even Detroit or Washington. Dallas has a strangle of their media, too.

It's annoying. The ball washing and boot licking of the Bills is worn out. 

We could always ask Jerry Sullivan to come back and write miserable tripe 24/7 like in the good old days 

This thread is kind of hilarious.  That amount of over dramatization, hysteria, middle school rumor gossip, and over exaggeration is quite entertaining.

Let see…Allen, Von, Diggs agent, etc have all said it’s not that serious, not contract or football related.  Yet despite that, there is absurd level of over exaggeration panic as if it’s some massive issue that is going to cripple the team.  

I think I’ll just patiently wait and see how things shake out because the most plausible scenario is this is minor and it will work itself out shortly 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This type of speculation is nothing but a waste of time at this point.  What’s the purpose of posting it other than to create unnecessary chatter?

Exactly.  At this point people are running with totally unfounded salacious rumors as if they are fact.  They should check out of this thread and turn on The View.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Aimee75 said:

Yes. 

Did Allen probably make some poor choices, and some poor throws?  Yes.

Does he get a lion's share of the blame because the QB has to lead the team and rally them when they're down?  Yes.  The QB has to be the one to rally the team when they're down 21 points in the 1st Q as the Chiefs were to the Texans in 2019 Div round or losing 24-14 to the Eagles at the half in this past SB.

Was the team all-around just getting their asses whipped?  Also yes.  The DL was getting pushed around.  The CB were getting out-physicalled.  The OL was getting pwn'd.  The Bills run game was nonexistant, the Bengals were running over us.

It's not just on Josh.  And if Diggs is putting it all on Josh, that just goes to show that all the stuff he said about "my QB can't be wrong" and understanding how difficult it is to be a QB and understanding that Josh can't force him the ball, is was just so much "cap" coming from Diggs mouth.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This thread is kind of hilarious.  That amount of over dramatization, hysteria, middle school rumor gossip, and over exaggeration is quite entertaining.

Let see…Allen, Von, Diggs agent, etc have all said it’s not that serious, not contract or football related.  Yet despite that, there is absurd level of over exaggeration panic as if it’s some massive issue that is going to cripple the team.  

I think I’ll just patiently wait and see how things shake out because the most plausible scenario is this is minor and it will work itself out shortly 

Fans like "I saw that Brick Josh killed a guy.  Did he throw a trident?"

maxresdefault.jpg.9fdf8517ccafa1eccbba4d8a06fa6112.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

Hey, remember when everyone wanted Matt Araiza kicked off the team because he's a rapist?

It's crazy how quickly everyone panics and assumes that Josh Allen betrayed his girlfriend and got a random bartender pregnant and betrayed his team and betrayed diggs and THAT's why our favorite team lost a football game last year.

Do you guys hear yourselves? Speculation is one thing, but smearing someone's name with zero evidence is something we should try not to do.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

And all of this is because (one of the theories) Stef is mad that Josh wasn’t ready for Cinci because of his relationship issues? Well, it almost makes sense. Josh saying it’s not football. Coach being “blindsided” by it. Stef realizing Josh’s night of craziness cost him one of his last shots at a ring. 

Its such a dumb assumption as to why we lost that game. Everyone looks for reasons but ffs they were plainly obvious during that game.

Their D line dominated our O line. Josh is not the O line.

Their back up O line dominated our (minus Von) starting D line. Josh is not our D line.

Our DB's giving 10 yards of buffers for easy 1st downs. Josh is not our defensive coach, or DBs.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Josh said too much at the mic. Thought I saw a tear starting to fall. Grow a pair. Deal with your personal issues like a man. And…just shut up. He made this situation into more of a circus than it needs to be. 

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Like 80% of the posts in this thread? 🤔

A lot of this "he said, she said" is a little much.  No wonder Stef is like "keep on cappin'" because no one really knows anything, but everyone thinks they do! :beer: 

99.9%. Get it right my man!!

this thread is so cringe and posters are just shedding more light on themselves.  🍿 

the last sentence is everything.  But everyone thinks they do

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

this is a mess. no wonder mickey was adamant with rocky about staying away from your woman when training for a championship fight.

JA took it to another level of distraction and what may of an

likely was the reason for the polikely was the reason for the poor showing in the divisional round last season.or showing in the divisional round last season.

a real mess that could potentially have a negative affect going forward. the two key, top players on the team, in this mess. you can't shake your head enough and I question if JA is able set aside the girl chasing (did he really get a bartender pregnant while still with his ex gf?) and take the game seriously and you just don't mess with your best friends ex, if that is all true? he needs to put 100% into football for 9 months and take the remaining 3 month to chase the girls if he is serious about winning a championship. I believe he has it in him but as mickey said, women weaken your legs. on the other hand I can see Diggs frustration, he is a fierce competitor who takes his game seriously and wants not only the ball but to score and win. I still see that image of him standing there in arrowhead with the confetti falling after losing a heart breaker and being only one game from the big dance. 

more of this story needs to pan out yet, who knows how much is speculation and how much is fact. what I do know is, one can only hope it doesn't become the potential distraction it could be to the upcoming season?

"likely was the reason for the polikely was the reason for the poor showing in the divisional round last season.or showing in the divisional round last season."

------ridiculous 

Way to really run with a wild rumor from social media and then sprinkle your own "make a story" to it.

Now someone takes all this, adds their Lil seasoning to it, and posts it online. It's the game of phone we all played as a kid.

We're like 4 degrees away from Josh impregnated coach, and coach believes life begins at conception.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Stefon latest Tweet referred to "letting them cap", "keep lying big dawg". Only person I know who spoke about situation and stated that Diggs not being at OTA was HC. 🤔

Josh and Von

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Josh said too much at the mic. Thought I saw a tear starting to fall. Grow a pair. Deal with your personal issues like a man. And…just shut up. He made this situation into more of a circus than it needs to be. 

What exactly do you want Josh to do?  He agreed to talk to the press.  The press spent 11 minutes relentlessly grilling him about Stef. 

Now personally, I think it would be better if Josh had said a la McDermott "I'm very concerned he's not here, he's a big part of our offense, I believe things will be worked out", and then like Poyer has done "I'd really like to talk about football - I'll be happy to answer any questions about football".  

But a bunch of people here are saying that McDermott blew the situation up by his brief answer then moving on, and he should have provided more info.  So which is it?

I also think Josh handled it the way he did for a reason, whatever that reason may be (and I don't know what the reason may be)

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

What exactly do you want Josh to do?  He agreed to talk to the press.  The press spent 11 minutes relentlessly grilling him about Stef. 

Now personally, I think it would be better if Josh had said a la McDermott "I'm very concerned he's not here, he's a big part of our offense, I believe things will be worked out", but I also think Josh handled it the way he did for a reason, whatever that reason may be (and I don't know what the reason may be)

I think Sean did too, he is way to measured and mired in coach speak to say: "very concerned" on accident. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Hey, remember when everyone wanted Matt Araiza kicked off the team because he's a rapist?

It's crazy how quickly everyone panics and assumes that Josh Allen betrayed his girlfriend and got a random bartender pregnant and betrayed his team and betrayed diggs and THAT's why our favorite team lost a football game last year.

Do you guys hear yourselves? Speculation is one thing, but smearing someone's name with zero evidence is something we should try not to do.

Not to mention if it were remotely true, I'd think Hailee Steinfeld would stay far far away from that drama given her celebrity status.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Now personally, I think it would be better if Josh had said a la McDermott "I'm very concerned he's not here, he's a big part of our offense, I believe things will be worked out", but I also think Josh handled it the way he did for a reason, whatever that reason may be (and I don't know what the reason may be)

What if the issue is Diggs is pushing Josh to focus singularly and obsessively on football during the year like he does and ignore everything else to become as great as he can be but Allen is refusing to do it and Diggs takes that as "he doesn't want it bad enough" and is turning on him because of it?

With them being as close as they were/are Diggs might take that as a slap in the face and feel let down by him, as if he is saying one thing but his actions say another.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

I have quickly scanned and the nearest I can figure out, Josh got drunk and had his way with Diggs the night before the Bengals playoff game. Whether or not Diggs got pregnant seems to be a question.

You forgot to mention Josh Allen then cheated on Diggs with Russ Brandon. All because he got high on pain meds and couldn't think straight.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

When the heck does practice start today? Is he there?

Started at 12:15 PM ET...open to media but they are forbidden from tweeting who is there or not there (like a banana republic dictatorship) 

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

What if the issue is Diggs is pushing Josh to focus singularly and obsessively on football during the year like he does and ignore everything else to become as great as he can be but Allen is refusing to do it and Diggs takes that as "he doesn't want it bad enough" and is turning on him because of it?

With them being as close as they were/are Diggs might take that as a slap in the face and feel let down by him.

Diggs does this? I've seen him doing photo shoots. Seen him in commercials. Saw that he hosted some charity events. There was even a story about Diggs doing a pottery class this off season. And yes, he does these things on his off days during the season as well. 

Just now, Big Turk said:

What if.  I personally don't see the point in total speculation.  I was willing to speculate initially that the issue might have to do with a personal emergency based on the facts of Diggs' brother's potential legal issues, but that's 1) based on information that bro was involved in a nasty crime in LA 2) clearly not the issue at hand based on statements from Bakari, Miller, and Allen.

I could come up with a bunch of different what if's of my own, what is the point?

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

He is in attendance.

How do you know?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

These are young good looking guys with tons and tons of money. They are a lot closer in age and maturity to those 16 year old girls than they are to many (most?) of us here.

Of course, but they're also professionals that get beyond generously paid to do a job and do it to the best of their ability, in this case tens of millions per season.

Even at that age, when I had something f extreme importance to do the next day I didn't stay out until all hours rocking my world apart while pissing off an existing GF (AKA "he'll hath no fury...) and shorting myself on sleep while unnecessarily generating peak stress.  

That's irresponsible no matter who you are.  

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

99.9%. Get it right my man!!

this thread is so cringe and posters are just shedding more light on themselves.  🍿 

the last sentence is everything.  But everyone thinks they do

No 🧢

🤣

:beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.