Dalton Kincaid stats this year

Dan in Owego

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I suspect that the belief is that Kincaid will catch around 80% of the passes thrown to him and drop basically nothing.............because at worst, that's his rep.

Lil' Dummy dropped a ghastly 9% of the passes thrown his way in addition to his general stupidity and lack of range/catch radius and accountability etc..

This is it in a proverbial nutshell. Watching McKenzie just never gave you the feeling something good or even reliably decent was going to happen. It was kinda more like waiting for the next disaster to strike. Guy just wasn’t a fluid looking athlete out there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Quit fooling around, you two.  That's how people get hurt.

You know we won’t Donuts.  😜🏋️♂️🏈🦬

716 is the real deal.  I want him to be right and me grossly wrong.  I’m just tempering (and it’s not easy as I’m so excited for DK2) my enthusiasm as I want 716 to rip me later he was right.

Btw- DK2 doesn’t mean the 2nd TE, there’s just no way to write DK Squared as our boys are the DK2.  I’m rolling with that and don’t care who is the identified #1.  Both have an important role.

Hey it’s the dog days of summer so it’s going to be pretty dead here until the end of July.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Isn't it odd the predictions that most are posting is about (give or take a little) what Lil' Dirty actually did and most wanted him gone?🤔

I think Josh has more viable targets this season.  He'll also - cross my fingers - have more time to throw.  I expect him to spread it around a little more.  

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I think Josh has more viable targets this season.  He'll also - cross my fingers - have more time to throw.  I expect him to spread it around a little more.  

I think he has more options, I'll wait on the viable part.😉

I do believe Dalton will be better than our FA acquisitions as well as allow Knox to be utilized more than he was last season. I tend to agree it will be the OLine that decides how well the offense plays along with Dorsey’s game plan and play calls. 

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He came to the team week 10? Had Singletary and Cook at RB as well.

Inexcusable how? You have to take someone out to put someone in.

Hines is a home run threat where Singletary was not.  3rd down role should have bee split between he and Cook.  

You traded for him, he should have been way more involved.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Hines is a home run threat where Singletary was not.  3rd down role should have bee split between he and Cook.  

You traded for him, he should have been way more involved.  

I don’t even think about this because they had Cook. What we saw was them forcing Hines in with no real role. Your plan was to take their 2nd round pick out of games for Hines. And you’re angry they didn’t.

It’s not something to be angry about. Hines was insurance. Cook was having some issues getting on the same page with Allen early in the season. Cook improved.

The Bills and Allen were never very good using RBs in the passing game, even when Daboll was here. They were just check down options and Allen hates to check down. I personally feel Allen is a more efficient QB when he does check down but Allen doesn’t want to.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t even think about this because they had Cook. What we saw was them forcing Hines in with no real role. Your plan was to take their 2nd round pick out of games for Hines. And you’re angry they didn’t.

It’s not something to be angry about. Hines was insurance. Cook was having some issues getting on the same page with Allen early in the season. Cook improved.

The Bills and Allen were never very good using RBs in the passing game, even when Daboll was here. They were just check down options and Allen hates to check down. I personally feel Allen is a more efficient QB when he does check down but Allen doesn’t want to.

We agree about Allen, but I never suggested taking snaps from Cook, as he didn't see the field enough either.  

On 6/11/2023 at 7:22 PM, FireChans said:

31 catches, 375 yards, 1 TD. 

I think this is close, but I'll add another 2 TDs.  I think he gets minimal usage early in the season and throws up some donuts, maybe has a couple small nagging injuries that force him to miss a game or two, and then he comes on late and is a legit weapon by playoff time.

On 6/12/2023 at 8:44 AM, KDIGGZ said:

He won't even be on the field for more than a handful of plays per game the entire first half of the season. Anyone who thinks he has more than 500 yards receiving is dreaming. My hope is that they will use him as a RedZone target and that's where his value will come from. His stats will probably be like 325 yards receiving but hopefully 5 or more TD's and hopefully some flashes so there's something to build on for next year. But don't count on it. Check Shakir's stats from last year if you want to get an idea of how they value rookie pass catchers on this team 

I would agree, but I am hopeful that they get a first rounder more involved compared to a 5th rounder. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

We agree about Allen, but I never suggested taking snaps from Cook, as he didn't see the field enough either.  

Singletary was our best RB at the time last year. Again, RB usage isn’t a Dorsey problem, it’s a Bills problem. Daboll was the same way. My biggest complaint was using Zack

Moss.

• Agree 1

On 6/11/2023 at 10:09 PM, Dan in Owego said:

Want some thoughts on projection of numbers on our number one pick. I am bullish on him for some obvious reasons, and admittedly some homerish reasons as well. 

750 yards

8 touchdowns

Any one want to take an early June shot at this?

550 and 6td. 40recs.

• Agree 1

On 6/13/2023 at 3:24 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Josh has proven he can effectively dink-and-dunk when that's available.  But I get the feeling that both Josh and Dorsey would rather air it out.  

I'd like to see the Bills use more underneath stuff with outlet receivers this year.  And I'd like to see both Cook and Hines in that role.   

In fact, I'd like to see a more diversified passing attack utilizing the strengths of all the guys we have, Kincaid too.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Josh has proven he can effectively dink-and-dunk when that's available.  But I get the feeling that both Josh and Dorsey would rather air it out.  

I'd like to see the Bills use more underneath stuff with outlet receivers this year.  And I'd like to see both Cook and Hines in that role.   

In fact, I'd like to see a more diversified passing attack utilizing the strengths of all the guys we have, Kincaid too.  

I get the feeling that Josh and Dorsey didn’t have anyone they trusted to run the short/underneath.

I also get the feeling that Allens injury was more of an issue with the short/underneath passes 

i think we’ll see a more balanced attack this year as opposed to all the deep balls

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I get the feeling that Josh and Dorsey didn’t have anyone they trusted to run the short/underneath.

I also get the feeling that Allens injury was more of an issue with the short/underneath passes 

i think we’ll see a more balanced attack this year as opposed to all the deep balls

I think you're right.

I heard a MD explain that a UCL issue may indeed interfere with short passes more than long.

Beane said that Crowder's injury hurt a lot because he was supposed to be the undeneath guy.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I’m going to side w history, 32 catches, 297 yards and 3tds.

What history is that? It's a big slot drafted in the 1st round going to a pass heavy offense led by a top 3 QB and featuring just one top tier pass catcher to share targets with. There's no history to lean on. The context of his specific situation means much more.

Edited by HappyDays

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I think you're right.

I heard a MD explain that a UCL issue may indeed interfere with short passes more than long.

Beane said that Crowder's injury hurt a lot because he was supposed to be the undeneath guy.

Which is like Beane saying that a David Edwards injury would hurt a lot because he was supposed to be a starting guard.

They've invested very little in Edwards just like they invested almost nothing in Crowder and they knew he was damaged goods.

The reality is that McBeane decided to swap out Darryl Williams for Rodger Saffold and Beasley and Sanders for Crowder and it backfired.

I believe they figured that the offense had finished the season so hot that any drop-off in offense at any point of the season because of accepting lesser talents wouldn't matter because the defense was going to be outrageously good.

But the defensive side of the ball is too hard to predict from year to year and come playoff time they weren't a very good defense.........and of course,  because of their decision to cut corners on offense, they then didn't have the offensive talent available to pick up the slack.

11 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

The opener of last season might have been the most impressive "quick game"  performance of Josh Allen's career.    And Dorsey was the play caller.   They just didn't have the personnel to execute the style all season.    McKenzie had clearly outplayed Crowder in the preseason and then McKenzie was a roller coaster with all of those opporunities in the first month of the season and the beaten-out Crowder got injured.   So they played much of the year without the talent to consistently execute the quick game.   I think Dorsey has to be given a pass on whether or not he can coordinate a short game because you can't expect your QB to keep feeding a block-headed slot receiver with a 9% drop rate. 

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

What history is that? It's a big slot drafted in the 1st round going to a pass heavy offense led by a top 3 QB and featuring just one top tier pass catcher to share targets with. There's no history to lean on. The context of his specific situation means much more.

He’s an TE, no matter how you try to twist it, he’s not a WR.   He’s still going to line up as a TE and run routes.  History says rookie TEs rarely contribute much of anything.    A Slot WR is an even more nuanced position than TE, so whatever take you want to claim to have, it’s still not likely a guy as inexperienced as he is, is going to make a huge first year contribution.

24 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

He’s an TE, no matter how you try to twist it, he’s not a WR.   He’s still going to line up as a TE and run routes.  History says rookie TEs rarely contribute much of anything.    A Slot WR is an even more nuanced position than TE, so whatever take you want to claim to have, it’s still not likely a guy as inexperienced as he is, is going to make a huge first year contribution.

He literally lined up as a WR on the majority of passing downs at Utah

32 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Kyle Pitts was a TE too. He had over 1,000 yards as a rookie. Beane has already said they envision Kincaid as the big slot. That's basically how he was used at Utah. None of your "history" means anything about this specific player in this specific situation.

16 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I’m hoping it’s more like 55 catches, 600 yards, 10 tds.

Rookie first round right ends over the last decade have averaged 32.4 yards per game, which would work out to 550 yards if Kincaid plays every game. You may just get what you’re hoping for when it comes to catches and yards 👍.

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Kyle Pitts was a TE too. He had over 1,000 yards as a rookie. Beane has already said they envision Kincaid as the big slot. That's basically how he was used at Utah. None of your "history" means anything about this specific player in this specific situation.

Oh congratulations you found ONE guy who was the focus of the offense, now go look at all the others.   He’s not going to be option 1 on this team, he might MIGHT fight his way to option 2, but a guy with 5 years of football experience is not going to jump out on the NFL field and drop 1k on you as a secondary, likely 3rd or 4th target.  He may get more looks in the red zone because he’s got size and creates matchup issues, so his TD number might be higher.   That said, if he does that early in the year and teams slide coverage to him, it will open up other options and most likely a lot of opportunities for Knox. 

I’m happy we have the guy, I think he COULD be great, but he’s not likely to be a huge contributor early.  He’s got a ton to learn.  I know people are all hyped up, but remember this, if Utah’s starting TE doesn’t get hurt, he may never have seen the field.  This whole conversation would be about some undrafted guy they brought to camp who has measurables but never got on the field.    I expect a developmental year this season and you will see more from him in the future.  He has the tools, he has great hands and should see some red zone targets.  I think people are setting themselves up for the typical “bust” thoughts as he struggles to get meaningful reps.

I tried to warn people to temper their enthusiasm on Cook last year too, he was never worth a crap as a blocker in college and that meant he wasn’t going to see the field until he figured it out.  People pouted about his lack of use for half a season.   

Fans need to come to grips with the fact you aren’t getting top 10 players anymore, most late first round guys are drafted for physical potential, they are going to need some time.  It gets worse the further into the draft you go.    Elam has tools, as does Cook, but they both got limited reps because they had to put it all together to play in the NFL.  Expect more of that this year as well.  The only guy we reasonably should expect to seize a starting job out of camp is Torrence.  He should be a day 1 starter, assuming the real reason he dropped was the feeling he’s a pure guard and nothing more, I’m a lot gun shy on falling linemen after the Ford situation.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Oh congratulations you found ONE guy who was the focus of the offense, now go look at all the others.   He’s not going to be option 1 on this team, he might MIGHT fight his way to option 2, but a guy with 5 years of football experience is not going to jump out on the NFL field and drop 1k on you as a secondary, likely 3rd or 4th target.

I don't think Kincaid will get 1,000 yards as a rookie. You predicted less than 18 yards per game and less than 2 catches per game. You still haven't told me what history you are basing that on?

18 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I’m hoping it’s more like 55 catches, 600 yards, 10 tds.

I totally see the kid being SLOWLY worked in by our conservative coaching staff and ending up in the mid 300s with 27 catches ( one or two crazy stat padding catches) 

On 6/15/2023 at 12:28 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

The opener of last season might have been the most impressive "quick game"  performance of Josh Allen's career.    And Dorsey was the play caller.   They just didn't have the personnel to execute the style all season.    McKenzie had clearly outplayed Crowder in the preseason and then McKenzie was a roller coaster with all of those opporunities in the first month of the season and the beaten-out Crowder got injured.   So they played much of the year without the talent to consistently execute the quick game.   I think Dorsey has to be given a pass on whether or not he can coordinate a short game because you can't expect your QB to keep feeding a block-headed slot receiver with a 9% drop rate. 

And here we have the answer to why i have high expectations for Dalton, i know full well he is a rookie. But by Jesus the man has some great hands he cannot possibly be a downgrade, and if all goes well he could be a hell of a weapon by the later season🙏

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.