Dalton Kincaid stats this year

Dan in Owego

1 hour ago, Process said:

Impossible to predict. Dorsey is a huge question mark. 

I just hope he is used. 

Process you and I have gone back and fourth on this take between 3 threads. There is not enough info to think he will not be used properly. Josh is going to throw to who he sees open, no matter what the play is... They not going to keep him off the field for long where he can not be used... So i do not get the narrative that one should think that Dorsey would not use him unless your just basing this on last year and knox... whole different player. 

31 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

Agree, my point was Dorsey came from that system, then worked with Daboll, never had any one approaching Olsen, But did have Diggs and Allen. I expect a morphing of the two philosophies this year. 

Yes it’s all about who the personnel is. 2014-2016 Carolina offenses used Olsen as WR1. Dickson would play about half the snaps but wasn’t thrown to much. So we can look At Carolina some but the usage will be completely different in Buffalo. Carolina didn’t have a true X WR. Cotchery was their slot for a couple years. I think Kincaid will actually be more of a mix of Olsen, Cotchery , and Dickson if you want to look at that offense, got to look at all 3. Knox can also play all 3 roles.

The hope has to be that Kincaid can come in and quickly learn what defenses and Josh are thinking. It’ll be tough. Those option routes in the middle of the field can be INTs if not on the same page. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yes it’s all about who the personnel is. 2014-2016 Carolina offenses used Olsen as WR1. Dickson would play about half the snaps but wasn’t thrown to much. So we can look At Carolina some but the usage will be completely different in Buffalo. Carolina didn’t have a true X WR. Cotchery was their slot for a couple years. I think Kincaid will actually be more of a mix of Olsen, Cotchery , and Dickson if you want to look at that offense, got to look at all 3. Knox can also play all 3 roles.

The hope has to be that Kincaid can come in and quickly learn what defenses and Josh are thinking. It’ll be tough. Those option routes in the middle of the field can be INTs if not on the same page. 

nice write up. It just drives me crazy that people assume that Dorsey "may not" use Kincaid properly. it is a horrible narrative. 

1 hour ago, Dan in Owego said:

Want some thoughts on projection of numbers on our number one pick. I am bullish on him for some obvious reasons, and admittedly some homerish reasons as well. 

750 yards

8 touchdowns

Any one want to take an early June shot at this?

Idk... McDermott has a history of slow rolling rookies. I would hesitate to say he has more than 500 yds and a few TDs his rookie year. I don't expect Kincaid to have a meaningful impact this year. 

I hope I'm wrong, but that's Mcd's history.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Process you and I have gone back and fourth on this take between 3 threads. There is not enough info to think he will not be used properly. Josh is going to throw to who he sees open, no matter what the play is... They not going to keep him off the field for long where he can not be used... So i do not get the narrative that one should think that Dorsey would not use him unless your just basing this on last year and knox... whole different player. 

You must have me confused with someone else

17 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Idk... McDermott has a history of slow rolling rookies. I would hesitate to say he has more than 500 yds and a few TDs his rookie year. I don't expect Kincaid to have a meaningful impact this year. 

No it’s not. His 1st round picks are Tre White, Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmunds, Ed Oliver, Gregg Rousseau, Kaiir Elam.

All but Elam had major roles as rookies. Oliver lost his starting position to Jordan Phillips as the year went on but was still a major part of the defense. Phillips was just playing out of his mind that year.

So his history is 1/6 1st round picks not having a major role as a rookie. Elam probably doesn’t start much at all if it weren’t for injuries.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

20 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Not first round picks.  It will be how quick Kincaid can learn the offense, establish rapport with Allen, and adjust to playing against NFL defenses.  I expect around 40 catches for 500 yards or so.

1 hour ago, Dan in Owego said:

Actually we have all the years in Carolina with Shula who is on our staff, ran a whole bunch of 12 personal 

Topic was mede to be a fun exercise, obviously no one here knows the future🙄 upside though is if you hit people actually may think you know something lol

The bolded half of the 2nd line is rarely premised by the first half. You said the silent part out loud for some!

The righteous man online is beset on all sides by the disingenuous hot takes of the attention-seeking masses who don't care to discuss in good faith. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

As I said in the last thread on this topic. Ditka still holds the rookie record for a TE at 1,071 yards, which has survived for 61 years. 

Wow.. that’s impressive considering they only threw the ball three times a game back then.

45 catches

650 yds

6 TD

Gets off to a slow start and doesn't put up eye popping numbers simply because there are too many mouths to feed. Gets going later in the season and proves to be a big play weapon with an eye popping Waller-like 14+ ypc, near top of the league. Big weapon in the playoffs.

I'd put the over/under at 450 yards and 4 TDs

1) As a general rule NFL rookie TEs do not produce big numbers, even the 1st round picks 

2) He's almost guaranteed to be the TE2 for us and will be competing with a lot of guys for targets

3) McD is hard on rookies. 1 fumble/mistake will see him benched for multiple games

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No it’s not. His 1st round picks are Tre White, Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmunds, Ed Oliver, Gregg Rousseau, Kaiir Elam.

All but Elam had major roles as rookies. Oliver lost his starting position to Jordan Phillips as the year went on but was still a major part of the defense. Phillips was just playing out of his mind that year.

So his history is 1/6 1st round picks not having a major role as a rookie. Elam probably doesn’t start much at all if it weren’t for injuries.

I didn't say 1st rd picks. I said rookies. Tre and Tremaine were the only ones in your list that was put in and a full time starter. And that's cause there wasn't another legitimate choice. Allen who was prematurely put in. 

Oliver, Rousseau, Basham, Epenesa, and more were not full time starters. They were platoon players that had to earn more snaps as their rookie years went on.

McDermott is not starting Kincaid over Knox on day 1 barring injury. Kincaid will have to earn his playing time. That's just how McDermott coaches unless he has no choice.

Edited by Herc11
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.