Dalton Kincaid stats this year

Dan in Owego

In his last two games his targets have gone back up. Which, in my mind, were the obvious choices, and he was wide open on his route on that second interception.

For the most part, whenever we have given him more he has risen to the occasion. I know that getting the same targets as Diggs is impressive logically, but it feel like we need more of him. I can remember twice last game when he made a play.

The first is where Josh fakes a handoff (play action pass!) and zips it for 28 yards

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/josh-allen-zips-28-yard-sideline-strike-to-dalton-kincaid-bills-at-dolphins

The other was a Cover 0 blitz beater

In both you have to go "oh yeah, that's what you use a passing tight end for" and then wonder why we haven't been seeing it. No more Gabe Davis in the red zone, give me Kincaid!

On 1/9/2024 at 11:36 AM, RyanC883 said:

totally agree.  I think he is more slender genetically than Knox, but appears to be about a Kelce sized dude.  Working out all offseason in a NFL facility will help.  Heck, he can do reps with the Lombardi trophy! 

Kelce's 6'6 whereas Kincaid a few inches shorter but does make them slightly different. I think comparisons stem from they both know how to find holes in the defense and hand catch and high point quote well. I've read some feel Dalton another Aaron Hernandez which thinks a fair comparison based on size and on the field abilities

Edited by The Jokeman

On 1/9/2024 at 4:33 PM, Sierra Foothills said:

Preseason I said that Kincaid would be second in receptions after Diggs. I was right.

I also said he would score 10 TDs.

I read in the Bflo News this morning that Kincaid's 73 receptions this year are the 4th most in NFL history by a rookie tight end.

While it was not the best season by a rookie tight end this year, historically it is one of the best seasons by a rookie tight end.

Kudos again to Brandon Beane.

On 1/9/2024 at 4:30 PM, The Jokeman said:

Kelce's 6'6 whereas Kincaid a few inches shorter but does make them slightly different. I think comparisons stem from they both know how to find holes in the defense and hand catch and high point quote well. I've read some feel Dalton another Aaron Hernandez which thinks a fair comparison based on size and on the field abilities

As long as they don’t have the same off the field abilities I’m good  with this 

Edited by BillsFooteball
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 1/13/2024 at 11:25 AM, Sierra Foothills said:

I read in the Bflo News this morning that Kincaid's 73 receptions this year are the 4th most in NFL history by a rookie tight end.

While it was not the best season by a rookie tight end this year, historically it is one of the best seasons by a rookie tight end.

Kudos again to Brandon Beane.

If he had as many targets as LaPorta, his yards would have been virtually identical.  But LaPorta would still have beaten him with TDs.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.