Dalton Kincaid stats this year

Dan in Owego

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No it’s not. His 1st round picks are Tre White, Josh Allen, Tremaine Edmunds, Ed Oliver, Gregg Rousseau, Kaiir Elam.

All but Elam had major roles as rookies. Oliver lost his starting position to Jordan Phillips as the year went on but was still a major part of the defense. Phillips was just playing out of his mind that year.

So his history is 1/6 1st round picks not having a major role as a rookie. Elam probably doesn’t start much at all if it weren’t for injuries.

In each of those cases, the Bills did not have a starter clearly ahead of the first round pick.  No way Reuben starts ahead of Dawesome.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Herc11 said:

I didn't say 1st rd picks. I said rookies. Tre and Tremaine were the only ones in your list that was put in and a full time starter. And that's cause there wasn't another legitimate choice. Allen who was prematurely put in. 

Oliver, Rousseau, Basham, Epenesa, and more were not full time starters. They were platoon players that had to earn more snaps as their rookie years went on.

McDermott is not starting Kincaid over Knox on day 1 barring injury. Kincaid will have to earn his playing time. That's just how McDermott coaches unless he has no choice.

Kincaid and Knox don’t play the same position!

They are completely different roles. Kincaid is competing for targets and snaps against Harty and Sherfield.

Rousseau started from day 1 and Oliver started from day 1. And you know the Bills rotate DL by design. Both players were huge contributors year 1. 

You can’t say McDernott slow plays rookies. Half of his 2nd rounders were huge year 1 contributors. Zay Jones, Dion Dawkins, and Cody Ford. Epenesa, Basham, and Cook were spot players. Cooks role increased.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

7 hours ago, Dan in Owego said:

Want some thoughts on projection of numbers on our number one pick. I am bullish on him for some obvious reasons, and admittedly some homerish reasons as well. 

750 yards

8 touchdowns

Any one want to take an early June shot at this?

I would be thrilled with that production, especially if it meant opening up things for other receiving options on the field

Josh being able to throw over the middle of the field again we’re totally open up this office in other places

5 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'd put the over/under at 450 yards and 4 TDs

1) As a general rule NFL rookie TEs do not produce big numbers, even the 1st round picks 

2) He's almost guaranteed to be the TE2 for us and will be competing with a lot of guys for targets

3) McD is hard on rookies. 1 fumble/mistake will see him benched for multiple games

I think 450 is a good over/under.

If the Bills decide to use him as TE2 then they’re making a mistake with his ability and he will take longer to develop with more on his plate. He was drafted to play what the Bills call F position. Knox is the Y TE that will do all the things we know a traditional TE does.

On McDermott being hard on rookies you’re likely thinking about Cook fumbling. Cook had other issues that Allen wasn’t trusting Cook. We see the fumble but there’s more than that. Kind of like with Elam. We see  a CB that should be playing more but he’s making mistakes in practice that’s keeping him off the field.

Allen will have to be comfortable with Kincaid. If Kincaid and Allen are on the same page then a fumble won’t get him benched for weeks.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

51 catches

485 yards

4TDs

This would average 3 catches a game for 9.5 yards per catch...both those seem plausible to me. 

The 4TDs may look low, however in the red zone the Bills seem to (at least on paper right now) have a lot of ways to get in the end zone. Harris and Murray may provide a much needed red zone running game, Knox will likely get a few red zone looks and Diggs is deadly in that part of the field as well. Throw in Allen running a few in from short and there may not be many more red zone TDs to go around. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Dan in Owego said:

Want some thoughts on projection of numbers on our number one pick. I am bullish on him for some obvious reasons, and admittedly some homerish reasons as well. 

750 yards

8 touchdowns

Any one want to take an early June shot at this?

26 catches 312 yards 3TDs

8 hours ago, Dan in Owego said:

Actually we have all the years in Carolina with Shula who is on our staff, ran a whole bunch of 12 personal 

Topic was mede to be a fun exercise, obviously no one here knows the future🙄 upside though is if you hit people actually may think you know something lol

Iirc KD wasn’t calling any plays in Carolina, wasn’t he an assistant QB coach / quality control kinda guy back then? 

As to the question at hand, 650 ish yards 7 ish TDs

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

212 catches 

2648 yards

33 TDs

7 kickoff return TDs

4 rushing tds

125 yards passing 

3 passing TDs

ROFLMAO!!

AND the Wing Eating champion!

Edited by PBF81
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

ROFLMAO!!

AND the Wing Eating champion!

Dipped in Blue cheese only, 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

They usually bring the rookies along slowly but I think Kincaid has a chance to see more playing time than most Bills rookies due to them wanting to have as many weapons out there as they can. 

I'd guess something like 35 receptions for 550 yards and 4 or 5 TDs. 

58 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

They usually bring the rookies along slowly but I think Kincaid has a chance to see more playing time than most Bills rookies due to them wanting to have as many weapons out there as they can. 

I'd guess something like 35 receptions for 550 yards and 4 or 5 TDs. 

That’d almost certainly put him in the top 10 players for yards per catch. 

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

For the people.

We’re still going to be 11 personnel offense meaning Kincaid will operate as the slot WR mostly. So we’ll have 12 personnel grouping on the field but actually still running our 11 personnel offense.

So he's not so much a small TE as he is a slow WR. Got it.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.