Josh Allen Achieves Childhood Dream - (Josh Allen to be Madden 2024 Cover Reported on Twitter)

Chaos

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, mathja said:

Reminder:

Patrick Holmes was on the cover of Madden 2020 and he won the Super Bowl & the Super Bowl MVP.

The Madden curse is not undefeated.

But what about John Holmes?

I'd buy it, but Madden sucks, especially for people who like to play franchise mode. Madden 09 on the Wii had a better franchise mode than any Madden has had in years. It's a nice cover and a cool thing, but the game itself has been the same for years now. 

7 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Man,  the Allen haters are out on social media today.  A lot of people trashing him and calling him mediocre.  Ugh

They have been all over it since Monday when the rumors started.

***** 'em!

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

They have been all over it since Monday when the rumors started.

***** 'em!

What is their stance? Just curious. I mean he is quite clearly elite from every statistical and eye test/ film review angle one could possibly take... LMAO

13 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Man,  the Allen haters are out on social media today.  A lot of people trashing him and calling him mediocre.  Ugh

They did the same for Mahomes with Brady, Lamar, Antonio Brown, Gronk, Beckham, Sherman. Etc etc etc.

Don't let it get to you, we know what we have.

2 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

What is their stance? Just curious. I mean he is quite clearly elite from every statistical and eye test/ film review angle one could possibly take... LMAO

That he hasn't won anything basically. But they think Burrow or Hurts should get it because they made and lost a super bowl :)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

That he hasn't won anything basically. But they think Burrow or Hurts should get it because they made and lost a super bowl :)

Ahh yes , gotta love that. The old "HE hasn't won one" take in the ultimate team sport... sigh!

10 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

seeing a lot of "he's a turnover machine" and "what major awards has he won"....also a couple he "always chokes in the playoffs" (despite his 4 wins)

• Eyeroll 1

The last Madden I played a lot of was Madden 08 (with Vince Young on the cover). I loved the soundtrack, mini games and franchise mode. The new Madden games focus too much on realism, I prefer a more arcade-style gameplay.

At any rate, pretty amazing for a Bill to be on the cover.

35 minutes ago, JĂ‚y RĂ›ĂŸeĂ’ said:

So... do we think the pic is a live shot from a real game, or was it staged?

Based on some deductive reasoning, I now think it's staged.
- home night game

- all blues

- no gloves on any fan so early season

based on those, it would have to be from the Titans or Packers game.  A highlight review of both games doesn't show JA doing a crowd jump in either game.  Also, although there's a hand covering most of the area (intentionally?) it looks like the jersey he's wearing doesn't have the captain's patch.

• Like (+1) 1

When the Bills were in the mediocre stages (around 2014), WGR was asking how will you know when the Bills are good again...i called in to say "when we get back to being on Prime Time Games".  Grateful they are getting those opportunities, and now having a player grace the Madden cover is another awesome tribute to the team's hard work and focus. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

I can’t answer as I’m not a social media w****, but I would assume that the people crapping on him are fans of afc teams and the rest are people that only remember the last game that he played.  

anyone that knows anything about football knows he’s elite. 

nothing to see here.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, JĂ‚y RĂ›ĂŸeĂ’ said:

- home night game

- all blues

based on those, it would have to be from the Titans or Packers game.  A highlight review of both games doesn't show JA doing a crowd jump in either game.  Also, although there's a hand covering most of the area (intentionally?) it looks like the jersey he's wearing doesn't have the captain's patch.

Not only is it staged. It’s most likely CGI. 

31 minutes ago, JĂ‚y RĂ›ĂŸeĂ’ said:

- home night game

- all blues

I can't tell if you're being serious, but it's 1000% staged lol

They had a photoshoot recently to take these pics but didn't tell anyone what they were for (which is how the Madden stories started)

Allen is one of the Top 5 most popular players in the NFL rn and they already did Mahomes.... this is a big win for the Bills, fans and EA imo. They'll do Jefferson and Burrows soon enough

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.