Matt Araiza

SCBills

Araiza is essentially a Rookie and hasn't practiced with a team in 2 years. If he's brought back by anyone, it won't be until Training Camp to evaluate him and compete with someone.

They're not going to bring him on the field in the Playoffs with a career total of 1 Punt in a Pre-Season game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I hope so too.  That being said bringing in a punter and maybe putting him on the PS for a week or two could be some insurance.

Hamstrings can be tricky.  Don't have to have 4 WRs on the PS.

Agreed. They need to have someone and watch how Martin does this week.

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Araiza is essentially a Rookie and hasn't practiced with a team in 2 years. If he's brought back by anyone, it won't be until Training Camp to evaluate him and compete with someone.

They're not going to bring him on the field in the Playoffs with a career total of 1 Punt in a Pre-Season game.

That a point that has merit.  Although at least the kid has worked with Bass on placements.

33 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Martin punted early in the second half.  I doubt he’s out next week.  

He struggled in warmups during the break.  But it was huge he gutted it out.   Bass is the emergency punter, and it was taking him a loooong time to hit it after receiving the snaps from Ferguson, 

Just now, SectionC3 said:

He struggled in warmups during the break.  But it was huge he gutted it out.   Bass is the emergency punter, and it was taking him a loooong time to hit it after receiving the snaps from Ferguson, 

I think they’ll bring someone in and monitor Martin throughout the week.

13 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't think the OP's primary interest was what benefit it would provide the Bills

1 hour ago, philholbroo said:

bojorquez?

He's Cleveland's punter and is under contract.  Not worth a draft pick in a trade.  If he was potentially our punter next year that would be a different story, but we had him and didn't want to keep him.  

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Bass can’t kick FG not sure I want him punting too

57 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Araiza has at least held for FGs throughout training camp, no other punter has with this unit. 

Araiza has held for Bass before in preseason. If we need a punter next week he could well be the pick. 

1 minute ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Bass can’t kick FG not sure I want him punting too

Trajectory was low tonight.  I think he struggled with footing.  Was the last one blocked or shanked?  Couldn’t tell from where I was in the stadium, 

11 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Araiza has held for Bass before in preseason. If we need a punter next week he could well be the pick. 

Holding for Bass for a month or two in Training Camp almost 2 years ago is not going to make them value him over a veteran. He hasn't practiced with any team in almost 2 years and has a career total of 1 Punt in the Pre-Season. 

If Martin can't go, it'll be a vet coming in. It's the Playoffs. Not a roll the dice situation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

No offense, but this is an absurd suggestion.  If the Bills need a punter it's not going to be a guy who has never had punted in a regular season game.

Pretty sure punting in D1 college is very similar to punting in the NFL. Take the snap and punt the ball. Not rocket science. LOL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Holding for Bass for a month or two in Training Camp almost 2 years ago is not going to make them value him over a veteran. He hasn't practiced with any team in almost 2 years and has a career total of 1 Punt in the Pre-Season

If Martin can't go, it'll be a vet coming in. It's the Playoffs. Not a roll the dice situation.

But what a punt it was

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I had the same thought......

1 hour ago, Bills Bud said:

So have a domestic violence Miller on our team and need a rapist on our team too? Nah

Guess you don't keep up with what "really" happened.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills Bud said:

Guess you don’t he admitting to sleeping with a underage girl

It's nice when your world is black and white. The underage girl in this case was on video telling everyone she was 18 and bragging about her body count. But whatever, no need to worry about "facts" if they get in the way of your moral high-ground.

22 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Holding for Bass for a month or two in Training Camp almost 2 years ago is not going to make them value him over a veteran. He hasn't practiced with any team in almost 2 years....

You keep saying 2 years ago, but he was with the Bills in late August of 2022, so ONE year and 4 1/2 months ago, NOT "almost 2 years ago."

• Like (+1) 1

Martin looked like a complete idiot running down the field (with no intention of making a tackle) carrying his hand warmer. Why are you carrying your hand warmer!?!?

I know he's a punter but act like a real football player. I've never seen that before.

Non contact hamstring injury? Aren't kickers supposed to be the most stretched out players on the field? They live for leg flexibility

Cut this clown (Martin) and bring in a real man to punt.

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This is NOT who I would want...but Matt Haack is a free agent. Betting that's who comes in.

Oh yeah. That's a no brainer. I didn't realize he was a Free Agent. He was released on January 2nd. Without a doubt if Martin can't go, it will be Haack. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He's a free agent and available.  We can and might sign him tomorrow.

We  can go after any player not under K right now; we can also sign any off another team's practice squad as long as his team is out of playoffs.

Is that true? He just played two days ago?

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Wasn’t there a college team that never punted because the analytics said it’s better not to?

High School from memory.

2 hours ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

No offense, but this is an absurd suggestion.  If the Bills need a punter it's not going to be a guy who has never had punted in a regular season game.

Because they drafted him to be their long term punter. Pretty good option to get their guy  back. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Quint said:

Because they drafted him to be their long term punter. Pretty good option to get their guy  back. 

Yeah, it is. As competition for Martin in Training Camp after the season. But not right now.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.