My money is on Beane moving up in the 1st rd to take an offensive player.

Tipster19

The more I think about it this makes the most sense. Imo the pressure is on Beane to make this draft work and fortifying Josh would be the best bet, whether it be a stud RB, a top tier WR or a OL to help solidify the trenches. To me it’s really between a stud RB or a mainstay OL because to hear Beane a top WR isn’t as important as one would think. 

Not having an abundance of draft picks this year I expect Beane to tap into the the 2024 draft resource to make this happen, either using a day 2 or 3 pick to move up in this year’s draft. Why not use a future draft pick when the heat is on now for a successful draft. If Beane comes up short this year he may not have to worry about next year’s draft. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

I love this time of the year, it’s the most exciting outside of the games themselves. Bear with me the draft will be here soon enough and then you won’t hear that much from me the rest of the year. All I do is envision different scenarios from all different angles, I only post about 5% of what goes through my head. If ESPN (not that they are the most credible) is posting this then it gives me even more hope that something like this will happen. 

2 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

So ,you just read Matt Miller on ESPN Insider? Nothing to see here.. 

If I had it…

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

It only makes sense. Why wouldn’t Beane do something like this, it’s no secret that he’s been whiffing on most of his drafts and the way the season ended last year there’s been talk about him having some heat on him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Trading up makes sense for Paris Johnson or Peter Skoronski.  Two very good olinemen who would start in 2023. Trading up for anyone else would seem to be foolish to me. 

I wouldn't complain at all, but this would be uncharacteristic of Beane.  

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I wouldn't complain at all, but this would be uncharacteristic of Beane.  

This thread is about trading up. What trade ups would be more characteristic of Beane? 

Edited by Chaos

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

The more I think about it this makes the most sense. Imo the pressure is on Beane to make this draft work and fortifying Josh would be the best bet, whether it be a stud RB, a top tier WR or a OL to help solidify the trenches. To me it’s really between a stud RB or a mainstay OL because to hear Beane a top WR isn’t as important as one would think. 

Not having an abundance of draft picks this year I expect Beane to tap into the the 2024 draft resource to make this happen, either using a day 2 or 3 pick to move up in this year’s draft. Why not use a future draft pick when the heat is on now for a successful draft. If Beane comes up short this year he may not have to worry about next year’s draft. 

a day 2 pick next year barely moves the needle, I’m not sure a day 3 pick gets them any traction in round 1 at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

This thread is about trading up. What trade ups would be more characteristic of Beane? 

A defensive player.  Possibly Torrence, I guess, if they're going offensive line.

By projections, they'd have to get up pretty far to get either Skaronski or Johnson.  

10 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

A defensive player.  Possibly Torrence, I guess, if they're going offensive line.

By projections, they'd have to get up pretty far to get either Skaronski or Johnson.  

Probably next years #1.  With older Von Miller, Older Jordan Poyer, Older Mycah Hyde, Older Mitch Morris (all four of whom are broken to various degrees plus a broken Tre White) would indicate 2023 is a win now year.  Personally I don't care much about saving nexts years #1 as the foundation of a new rebuild.  But pretty good chance all of those guys are gone. And then we are building around Allen, Johnson/Skoronski-Dawkins-McGovern, a new Center (I would hope to get Tippman with our second round pick this year).  Allen and strong line is the best foundation we can hope for after the mass exodus we should expect after this season. 

• Vomit 1

my money’s on you being wrong, and so far I’ve never lost.

32 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Something like this seems like a good trade up to me.   At least I would be pretty excited about season.  

Screenshot 2023-04-08 084349.jpg

Edited by Chaos
  • Dislike 2

It only makes sense. Why wouldn’t Beane do something like this, it’s no secret that he’s been whiffing on most of his drafts and the way the season ended last year there’s been talk about him having some heat on him. 

Talk from whom?  Iron Maiden Bills?  EC County Bulls?  Chat GPT I mean Super fan or whatever? Beane has less pressure than an average flat tire.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

This was just posted on ESPN, this rumor

In yesterdays Athletic Joe B had a "mailbag" article and someone suggested similar.  (maybe it was Tipster)

Joe's response was he thought unlikely because Bills don't have many draft picks this year to begin with and Beane has never traded a pick from the following years draft, not even for Allen just to move up in current draft.

In answering another question, he also feels barring something very strange happening both Beane and McD are completely safe for next year too.  The only one he feels the heat is on in 2023 is Dorsey.

I don’t understand why Beane would move up, giving up valuable draft assets, to get anyone other than Bijan Robinson (and I wouldn’t like that move, personally).  I don’t think there are any WRs worth moving up for, and I think a plug and play OL could be had at 27.  This feels to me like BS.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t understand why Beane would move up, giving up valuable draft assets, to get anyone other than Bijan Robinson (and I wouldn’t like that move, personally).  I don’t think there are any WRs worth moving up for, and I think a plug and play OL could be had at 27.  This feels to me like BS.

On the other hand, this draft is pretty weak from top to bottom. If you could trade up to get a single actual difference maker it might be better to do that than drafting a bunch of mediocre starters. Just a thought.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

In yesterdays Athletic Joe B had a "mailbag" article and someone suggested similar.  (maybe it was Tipster)

Joe's response was he thought unlikely because Bills don't have many draft picks this year to begin with and Beane has never traded a pick from the following years draft, not even for Allen just to move up in current draft.

In answering another question, he also feels barring something very strange happening both Beane and McD are completely safe for next year too.  The only one he feels the heat is on in 2023 is Dorsey.

Situations change. This years starters feature 4 key players close to the end of their careers Von Miller, Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, Mitch Morse.   Real chance they are all gone after this season (all could also be back).   One way to look at, is that I must hold on to future draft picks like grim death because we will be rebuilding.  Another way to look at it, is that this a win now season, and that the most important thing is to get an impact player in the draft.  Would trading up for Paris Johnson, or JSN have enough impact to get us past the divisional round of the playoffs this season? Or do we just stay put and hope we find a difference maker later in the draft.   Getting a near certain impact player in this draft means using future draft capital. There really is no way around it. 

Let’s think about this logically. Trading up in the 1st will cost at least a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

So… if they want to go Offense in the 1st, do you think they’d rather spend pick 27 on a WR/RB/OL and draft a middle linebacker in the 2nd? ORRRRR take a slightly better WR/RB/OL via trade up and have ABSOLUTELY NOBODY at middle linebacker?

A Kazakhstan beat reporter was talking about his last night

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

I could see him doing this.  Or staying put.  Or trading down.

I'm not sure if that's the path

29 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Talk from whom?  Iron Maiden Bills?  EC County Bulls?  Chat GPT I mean Super fan or whatever? Beane has less pressure than an average flat tire.

Tom Brady's footballs 

2 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I love this time of the year, it’s the most exciting outside of the games themselves. Bear with me the draft will be here soon enough and then you won’t hear that much from me the rest of the year. All I do is envision different scenarios from all different angles, I only post about 5% of what goes through my head. If ESPN (not that they are the most credible) is posting this then it gives me even more hope that something like this will happen. 

If I had it…

jeez...

• Haha (+1) 1

What is it about Dell that has everyone excited about him?

He’s like 5’6 with cleats on and 165 lbs after Thanksgiving dinner.

We do not need to waste any draft pick on a #6 or #7 receiver when we have Harty, Sherfield, and Hines to handle our PR/KR and speedy gadget role.

Trade up or down is fine, but we need 3 quality starters out of this draft and preferably they come at some of the following positions: RT, WR, LB, DE

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.