My money is on Beane moving up in the 1st rd to take an offensive player.

Tipster19

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

This was just posted on ESPN, this rumor

It was posted yesterday in the draft rumor thread too.  It’s like he read it and decided to start his own thread about it to make it look like it was his original idea lol

• Haha (+1) 2

we have something of extreme value (josh) who is guarding something of extreme value (the ball).

on every single play there are some very big dangerous men with bad intentions trying to hurt, maim or send our thing of value to the hospital.

yet many are content to not properly invest, guard or protect our thing of extreme value on every single play.

instead they would rather hire little people who are far away from the thing of value and use them on an occasional basis.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

On the other hand, this draft is pretty weak from top to bottom. If you could trade up to get a single actual difference maker it might be better to do that than drafting a bunch of mediocre starters. Just a thought.

That’s another way of looking at it, but the rumor going around is that Beane may be looking to trade up for an offensive skill player or o-line.  In my opinion, there will be quality NFL starting caliber offensive linemen available at 27 and well into the 2nd round.  I can’t think of a single offensive skill player, other than Bijan Robinson, that would be worth trading up for.  Certainly none of the WRs, IMO.

Which players do you think are worth giving up precious draft assets for?  Especially since you claim that this draft is “pretty weak from top to bottom.”  A statement with which I don’t entirely disagree.

We're what? Two weeks from the draft? And a slow news period. I think this is just click bait and easy speculation because of Beans past history of trading up. I don't think we have the draft capital this year to be movers and shackers. Wouldn't be surprised if we just use the picks we have to fill holes and get depth on cheap rookie contracts.

21 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

We’re going to trade up and take Bijan Robinson and watch the board servers implode like the Death Star 

I wouldn't complain, but that's just me.  I value RBs, particularly on this roster.

Bijan immediately becomes the 2nd to 4th most talented player on the entire team.  

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

jeez...

well when you think about it... 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

The more I think about it this makes the most sense. Imo the pressure is on Beane to make this draft work and fortifying Josh would be the best bet, whether it be a stud RB, a top tier WR or a OL to help solidify the trenches. To me it’s really between a stud RB or a mainstay OL because to hear Beane a top WR isn’t as important as one would think. 

Not having an abundance of draft picks this year I expect Beane to tap into the the 2024 draft resource to make this happen, either using a day 2 or 3 pick to move up in this year’s draft. Why not use a future draft pick when the heat is on now for a successful draft. If Beane comes up short this year he may not have to worry about next year’s draft. 

there is a WHOLE TOPIC for you to post this into already. Its called NFL Draft Rumors 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I wouldn't complain, but that's just me.  I value RBs, particularly on this roster.

Bijan immediately becomes the 2nd to 4th most talented player on the entire team.  

I would eventually sell myself on it, but it would have strong “Giants drafting Barkley” vibes at first. 

Just now, Roundybout said:

I would eventually sell myself on it, but it would have strong “Giants drafting Barkley” vibes at first. 

I believe the Giants (Fans) wanted an upgrade to their QB so that's why that had those "vibes"

In this case you may be right because the vibes this year are~ no ILB OR WR?

4 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

The more I think about it this makes the most sense. Imo the pressure is on Beane to make this draft work and fortifying Josh would be the best bet, whether it be a stud RB, a top tier WR or a OL to help solidify the trenches. To me it’s really between a stud RB or a mainstay OL because to hear Beane a top WR isn’t as important as one would think. 

Not having an abundance of draft picks this year I expect Beane to tap into the the 2024 draft resource to make this happen, either using a day 2 or 3 pick to move up in this year’s draft. Why not use a future draft pick when the heat is on now for a successful draft. If Beane comes up short this year he may not have to worry about next year’s draft. 

I’ve been saying the same thing lately but could be any player not just offense 

4 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Take my money, if this is actually true. Offense all the way in my camp.

Offense all the way, but don't move up!  

You're probably moving up to get what will turn out to be Sammy Watkins, when you could have just sat where you were and gotten OBJ! 

Don't trust the rankings! 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Wizard said:

What is it about Dell that has everyone excited about him?

He’s like 5’6 with cleats on and 165 lbs after Thanksgiving dinner.

We do not need to waste any draft pick on a #6 or #7 receiver when we have Harty, Sherfield, and Hines to handle our PR/KR and speedy gadget role.

Trade up or down is fine, but we need 3 quality starters out of this draft and preferably they come at some of the following positions: RT, WR, LB, DE

I like his tape. He’s a WR, not a gadget. Good route runner.

He’s 5’8 and didn’t run a blazing 40 for his size. Probably a 3rd rounder that could go in the 2nd. Explosive on the field and a strong catcher. 

49 minutes ago, Wizard said:

What is it about Dell that has everyone excited about him?

He’s like 5’6 with cleats on and 165 lbs after Thanksgiving dinner.

We do not need to waste any draft pick on a #6 or #7 receiver when we have Harty, Sherfield, and Hines to handle our PR/KR and speedy gadget role.

Trade up or down is fine, but we need 3 quality starters out of this draft and preferably they come at some of the following positions: RT, WR, LB, DE

I have the concerns about Dell.  But he has been incredibly durable and productive while a guy the Bills seem to be consider 6'2 213 LB WR Michael Wilson has only been on the field for 14 games over the last 3 seasons.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Offense all the way, but don't move up!  

You're probably moving up to get what will turn out to be Sammy Watkins, when you could have just sat where you were and gotten OBJ! 

Don't trust the rankings! 

The draft isn’t very deep. The Watkins draft was considered very deep going in. This one isn’t. Probably 15 real 1st rounders if that.

12 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Unless we trade up to the second pick to take Robinson not sure it is the same vibe. 

Taking a RB in the first round is already questionable as it is.  Trading up to take a RB in the first round is just plain dumb.

Why do people think it's still 1995?  You don't need stud RBs to win a SB and the past decade of SB winners demonstrates that.

There is just no value in taking RBs that high.

If it's not Robinson still there at #27, then forget about it.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Imagine that same move if the Giants already had a Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs 😎

It would have still sucked because Barkley couldn't stay healthy his first 3 seasons.

The Bills'  biggest hole is MLB.  They have the chance to draft the best one in this draft. 

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

It would have still sucked because Barkley couldn't stay healthy his first 3 seasons.

The Bills'  biggest hole is MLB.  They have the chance to draft the best one in this draft. 

Is there a consensus best one? I haven’t seen a sure-fire blue chip prospect this draft. Then, I haven’t really scouted much on the defensive side of the ball. 

8 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Is there a consensus best one? I haven’t seen a sure-fire blue chip prospect this draft. Then, I haven’t really scouted much on the defensive side of the ball. 

No.  But that doesn't mean there isn't a 1st round quality talent.  And at 27, the blue chippers will be long gone.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

A middle linebacker will not be the difference maker that Bijan Robinson would on this team.  

A middle linebacker isn't putting this team over the top.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

And Zay Jones believed in lizard people.

Where does he fall on the offensive/defensive spectrum?

I thought it was Sammy Watkins who believed in the lizard Illuminati? 

Zay Jones was the one who took some bad stuff and jumped out a window for Jesus 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

And Zay Jones believed in lizard people.

Where does he fall on the offensive/defensive spectrum?

First of all, Google Gorn and tell me there aren't lizard people.

Also, there was an old show, V, where these attractive people were really space aliens and actually lizard people.

Where is all this coming from if there aren't lizard people?

Zay Jones, realist.

image.png.a749c43de05cf9277da5b40423007821.png

Edited by Dr. Who

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I think proof of funds should be required for you to post in this thread. Sorry, nothing personal. 

I hope we don’t invest too heavily in this draft, which by all accounts is weak. IF we move around, I wouldn’t hate taking some picks in next years draft. I don’t think the GM and coach of a Super Bowl favorite are in the hot seat the way some fans here seem to think they are. Invest wisely and build something sustainable. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

A middle linebacker will not be the difference maker that Bijan Robinson would on this team.  

A middle linebacker isn't putting this team over the top.

Bijan Robinson won't be a difference maker unless he's the next coming of Marshall Faulk or Thurman.  He's not.

If not MLB, I'd rather go OL to help protect Josh and help Harris continue his career average of 4.7 YPC and score 15 TDs in a season again.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

S bunch of mediocre starters is fine with me.  

You can say that again!

Beane likes to zag when the media zigs. So who knows.

I'm up for anything. I trust Beane - his drafting has been solid, if not spectacular.

I keep thinking LB in the 1st, though.  We lost Edmunds, have marginal players who MAY pan out at MLB on the roster, and the 1st round is a place where you can get an impact player at that position.

28 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I thought it was Sammy Watkins who believed in the lizard Illuminati? 

Zay Jones was the one who took some bad stuff and jumped out a window for Jesus 

Ahh yes, you are correct.  Hard to keep track of at the crazy people.

• Haha (+1) 1

It's weird to me that the rumor's get so specific.  Why put "offensive player" in the supposed rumor? 

I could see leakage of real phone contacts between Beane and other decision makers on other teams.  Others might catch wind of that.   But how would that morph into the knowledge that it was for offensive players?

44 minutes ago, Doc said:

Bijan Robinson won't be a difference maker unless he's the next coming of Marshall Faulk or Thurman.  He's not.

If not MLB, I'd rather go OL to help protect Josh and help Harris continue his career average of 4.7 YPC and score 15 TDs in a season again.

I have no qualms with an o-lineman being selected.  I like Damien Harris a lot, but his injury history is concerning.

2 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

It's weird to me that the rumor's get so specific.  Why put "offensive player" in the supposed rumor? 

I could see leakage of real phone contacts between Beane and other decision makers on other teams.  Others might catch wind of that.   But how would that morph into the knowledge that it was for offensive players?

It’s just clickbait…  take it with a grain of salt…

Also says they would move up for “interior OL” but apparently not an OT?

Someone is making stuff up…

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.