Ramsey to Dolphins

Dablitzkrieg

Miami is starting to get themselves a nice roster. The biggest addition imo is still Vic Fangio. But Ramsey to go across from Howard is a pretty big deal. If they add a savvy vet Safety like Poyer as well? They will be a tough out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, H2o said:

Miami is starting to get themselves a nice roster. The biggest addition imo is still Vic Fangio. But Ramsey to go across from Howard is a pretty big deal. If they add a savvy vet Safety like Poyer as well? They will be a tough out. 

Poyer, Ramsey and Howard in their defensive backfield… ouch.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Billl said:

Okay, Homer.  Keep trying to convince people that the guy who’s been first team All-Pro twice in the past 3 seasons isn’t elite.

Jalen Ramsey wouldn't even call last year “the best year of his career”.  I mean how you can even say that with a straight face is baffling, especially given you didn’t even watch his games to make such a statement. 

You are like those people who tell someone that a place they are about to go on vacation to sucks, even though you’ve never been.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Billl said:

Sustainable?  He was terrible, and they still scored 31.  You’d be hard pressed to find a less capable QB than Skylar Thompson, and they still produced.  That is one of the best rosters in football.  When Tua is healthy, they’re at worst slight underdogs in every game.  When he isn’t healthy, they’ve still got a puncher’s chance.

Now they aren’t good enough to win a Super Bowl with a backup, but neither is anyone else.  They’re perfectly capable of making the playoffs if Tua misses 4 games in the regular season.  This move absolutely closes the gap a bit.  I still think the Bills are the favorites to win the East even if NY signs Rodgers, but at this point I’d take the field.

I agree with all of this. But I honestly don't think the Bills will be favored with the injuries and players lost. Now I understand we should wait and see who we get, BUT BB says not to expect any big FA signings. Idk

7 hours ago, Einstein said:

That's crazy.

Beane values draft picks like they're plutonium. 

With Rodgers likely in NY and Miami getting Fangio, Ramsey, and their upcoming draft picks/free agency,  I won't be surprised if we are 3rd in the division this season. 

😂

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How he stacks to a Bill is irrelevant.  And I watch the games, not google unreliable rankings from sites like PFF.  He is not still elite and I would have been sick to my stomach if we paid him that much money and gave up assets to get him.  

Is he at the same level as Von Miller? Similar move to what bills did. 

11 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Is he at the same level as Von Miller? Similar move to what bills did. 

I didn’t love the size of the Von Miller deal, however, it made more sense.  Bills were arguably a pass rush away from a SB, they signed him as a FA, and had Josh Allen to bank on.

Miami was not a CB away from a SB, have a cap mess coming as soon as next year, and are banking on Tua, a QB who can’t stay healthy and whose injuries are getting worse.  

Tua ended his 2022 season on a 4 game losing streak before he got hurt and his mistakes were a big part of those losses.  Josh Allen ended his 2021 season setting all kinds of NFL post season records in maybe the best 2 game stretch for a QB in NFL history, but losing to a defensive 13 second blunder and a coin flip.  

The two are the same in theory, but I think you can see that one does not equal the other.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

For sure, but we have seen Miami go down this road over and over again and continue to be mediocre. McDaniel will never win anything. Fangio is a good coach, but he isn’t Vince Lombardi. Chubb cant get sacks and had one ok year in Fangio’s system. Wilkins is a great a player, and those guys on offense. Outside of that, I am not worried. 

Miami had 4 draft picks this year. Now they have 3. I think they are doing this whole thing wrong. 

They're spending because they're sort of close to beating us out for the division. We did that for years- thinking we could out-talent the Patriots elite QB.

8 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Jets and fins are looking to be aggressive to overtake the Bills. Bean better have a plan.

There isn't a plan when you're already at the top, sadly and I have little faith there is going to be any big changes to make a difference.

We lost a young, respected WR coach, we have a doofus as a HC, lost a hand wringer at DC to be replaced by... Some dude I don't know or care about yet.  The plan is to hope Dorsey can figure it out and let Josh do it all.

But Ramsey is trash, anyway 

• Dislike 1

That Bills playoff game gave the Dolphins serious false hope as to how close they are. The Bills were running on fumes and likely would've lost to the Jets had the Jets been the 1st Round opponent. 

Miami still has a linebacker problem. A major oline problem and a QB and offensive system that was being figured out by every opposing defense outside our stupid Cover 2 Zone defense before suffering his second concussion. People forget that the Niners  Chargers, and Packers had that Tua Offense locked down. 

That Miami win late during the regular season was when I knew things were not right with this Bills team. It was too difficult for us and our defense struggled way too much after the Niners and Chargers gave us a blue print on how to beat their offense. Heck the Packers used the exact same defensive blueprint a week after and took it to Miami. For some reason we just couldn't get out of our own way late last season.

Miami has serious let down written all over them. They're trying to hard to be the 2022 SuperBowl Rams but don't have Aaron Donald, The Oline and Matthew Stafford and they play in a much more loaded AFC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

PFF.

PFF has its position on rankings. So do others. He’s a good player but we heard for 4 years how Phins DB’s are the best. JR is a good addition, he’s a me guy on his 3rd team. Phins fans rejoice. I don’t think it’s massive game changer. 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

What injuries?

Right ? Injuries.. Trey is one year removed from his, Von will be back mid year. We don’t know who we are losing or adding. Let’s let that evoke just a bit before proclamations about the AFC east. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

54 minutes ago, boyst said:

There isn't a plan when you're already at the top, sadly and I have little faith there is going to be any big changes to make a difference.

We lost a young, respected WR coach, we have a doofus as a HC, lost a hand wringer at DC to be replaced by... Some dude I don't know or care about yet.  The plan is to hope Dorsey can figure it out and let Josh do it all.

Wow all over the place. Pretty funny stuff. No plan is my favorite. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I said can’t really afford to NOT do any big signings… They’ll have to have another somewhat splash signing/trade(similar to Von)just to maintain their status in the conference AND remain division champs IMO.

Yea I can’t believe this is true…. I have to think these guys are smarter than that and realize they need some bigger changes personnel wise specifically offensively right?… and they aren’t at the top, they failed miserably to end the season.

Yep. I misread that. My bad. Still....Go Bills. It's late haha. 

16 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

We did this same exact thing at the trade deadline when they got Chubb. It makes them better. They still are not better than us because at the end of the day they have Tua and we have Josh. Certainly makes them better. 

Side note, if they cut Xavien Howard I would ask him to come play safety. 

They aren't cutting their best CB. Ramsey doesn't worry me at all. He's just gonna chew up cap and burn the Dolphins itty-bitty window out even quicker.

9 hours ago, boyst said:

It's a great time to be alive. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BritBill said:

It's a great time to be alive. 

... whats your point? you don't see the comedy in that and that there is no real plan on that based in reality?

jesus christ.

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I said can’t really afford to NOT do any big signings… They’ll have to have another somewhat splash signing/trade(similar to Von)just to maintain their status in the conference AND remain division champs IMO.

Yea I can’t believe this is true…. I have to think these guys are smarter than that and realize they need some bigger changes personnel wise specifically offensively right?… and they aren’t at the top, they failed miserably to end the season.

they think they're at the top - it really looks like it by the way they carry out business.

this team is better as an underdog than it is as a favorite - historically and recently. i'd love to be a fly on the wall to know what they have mapped out ahead because we have missed out biggest window already.

10 hours ago, HaldimandBills said:

That Bills playoff game gave the Dolphins serious false hope as to how close they are. The Bills were running on fumes and likely would've lost to the Jets had the Jets been the 1st Round opponent. 

Miami still has a linebacker problem. A major oline problem and a QB and offensive system that was being figured out by every opposing defense outside our stupid Cover 2 Zone defense before suffering his second concussion. People forget that the Niners  Chargers, and Packers had that Tua Offense locked down. 

That Miami win late during the regular season was when I knew things were not right with this Bills team. It was too difficult for us and our defense struggled way too much after the Niners and Chargers gave us a blue print on how to beat their offense. Heck the Packers used the exact same defensive blueprint a week after and took it to Miami. For some reason we just couldn't get out of our own way late last season.

Miami has serious let down written all over them. They're trying to hard to be the 2022 SuperBowl Rams but don't have Aaron Donald, The Oline and Matthew Stafford and they play in a much more loaded AFC.

I would agree with all of this except one thing:

Miami was SHREDDING GB before Tua got his concussion.

Had like 250 yards or something in the 1st half with 2 TDs, and this was against the number 1 pass defence 

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Billl said:

Sustainable?  He was terrible, and they still scored 31.  You’d be hard pressed to find a less capable QB than Skylar Thompson, and they still produced.  That is one of the best rosters in football.  When Tua is healthy, they’re at worst slight underdogs in every game.  When he isn’t healthy, they’ve still got a puncher’s chance.

Now they aren’t good enough to win a Super Bowl with a backup, but neither is anyone else.  They’re perfectly capable of making the playoffs if Tua misses 4 games in the regular season.  This move absolutely closes the gap a bit.  I still think the Bills are the favorites to win the East even if NY signs Rodgers, but at this point I’d take the field.

Sounds like last year when people thought adding Russell Wilson to the Broncos’ excellent defense was going to make them a Super Bowl contender or adding Davante Adams to the Raiders, would do the same for them.  

11 hours ago, HaldimandBills said:

I think Chubbs overrated and they PAID him.  Howard is overrated and overpaid.  Phillips started to put it together a bit but he isn't anything to write home about.  Wilkins is a good disrupter in the middle. Honestly their Safeties are really solid players too in Holland and Jones.  

It shores up a weak spot for them for sure, and between him and Chubb you've added some serious talent to the defense.  But they're a team without depth, and they need to pay their QB next season so they're swinging for the fences.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I would agree with all of this except one thing:

Miami was SHREDDING GB before Tua got his concussion.

Had like 250 yards or something in the 1st half with 2 TDs, and this was against the number 1 pass defence 

My memory failed me but you're right. I still stand by the fact that, that Miami team was rolling before the Niners and Chargers. 

I just think their offense will not be as explosive next season and they'll run into issues. They're pouring all their resources into their defense and neglecting their oline. Will see if Waddle and Hill go off again for the same amount of yards. History suggests without stud QB play it will be hard to repeat.

I am still not crazy about their defense given their linebackers are average.

Edited by HaldimandBills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HaldimandBills said:

My memory failed me but you're right. I still stand by the fact that, that Miami team was rolling before the Niners and Chargers. 

I just think their offense will not be as explosive next season and they'll run into issues. They're pouring all their resources into their defense and neglecting their oline. Will see if Waddle and Hill go off again for the same amount of yards. History suggests without stud QB play it will be hard to repeat.

I am still not crazy about their defense given their linebackers are average.

Yes sir I agree with you.

One more concussion to Tua and their season is basically over as well.

The lack of O-Line investment tells me they're running Tua for one more year and one more year only.  I can't say I disagree with the premise.  Tua has major concussion concerns, I wouldn't build around him long term either. 

2 hours ago, BritBill said:

No, I saw the comedy in nearly all of it. 

so you think it's an actual viable plan and that this front office actualyl is goign to go forward with letting Dorsey wing it with Josh?

this team is not going to get to the super bowl any time soon. they won't even have a chance in the AFCC.

5 hours ago, foreboding said:

They aren't cutting their best CB. Ramsey doesn't worry me at all. He's just gonna chew up cap and burn the Dolphins itty-bitty window out even quicker.

Xavien Howard was awful last year…could be injury related though.  People should pump the breaks on them having two great corners until X potentially returns to form 

I don’t really understand the dolphins…resource wise they’re all in but the odds of tua winning 4 straight playoff games is extremely low.  He’s good at what he likes to do but he’s not gonna win a shootout with mahomes and playoff caliber defenses are going to take away the middle of the field.  They’re in danger of not being able to resign some great young players coming off rookie deals the next few years and are likely going to be in the qb market after next season. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

13 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Trey is one year removed from his, Von will be back mid year. 

I think it's fair to wonder whether Trey or Von are ever the same player again. 

There was a study that showed how NFL players show reduced play after ACL injuries and both of our players coming off ACL's are near 30 or in their 30's. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ramsey was graded out well by PFF in 2022 despite the Rams down season but I have always found Ramsey to be overrated, a very good player at times but not the elite player he is often stated to be. I am not really concerned about this, the Fins should have spent their resources on the O-line as opposed to their defense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.