Ramsey to Dolphins

Dablitzkrieg

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I wouldn’t
You’re not gonna give Trey White a chance to return the form?

I am. But if I could pick between the two at this point I may go Ramsey for similar money. It’s close. I would take either one which is why I think it’s a good move. 

48 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Fantastic he is basically Josh Allen’s personal caddie when the Bills play any team he’s on. This pretty much takes them outta any other big signing after picking up Tuas 24 million dollar option 

Have you watch Jalen Ramsey play against Josh Allen? 

Josh Allen is a force of nature.  He does that to most.  I saw us barely beat them in the playoffs….with Skylar Thompson under center.  Since then, they’ve gotten better.  We can’t say the same as of now.  

Still lots of time to go.  It’s barely just begun.  

46 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yep. Fangio alone is going to significantly help that defense. Their Defense coordinator last year, Boyer, was an absolute disaster according to Fin fans. And Fangio is great. if we knew that Frazier was leaving, I do not understand why we did not go after Fangio. If it’s just due to a scheme difference then shame on McD.

Did we know that he was leaving?  

Edited by NewEra

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

I am. But if I could pick between the two at this point I may go Ramsey for similar money. It’s close. I would take either one which is why I think it’s a good move. 

I’ve always taken a different philosophy whenever it comes to free agency

There’s nothing you can do about player signing with other teams

The only thing that you can do is worrying about upgrading your own team, sometimes upgrading means resigning your own players

This is not going to be a flashy off-season whenever you have a franchise QB you have to draft well if you want to stay in sustained success

The draft is going to be very important this year for Brandon 

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I don’t see the comparison between the bills and those patriots teams. those patriot teams were winning Super Bowls, not pissing down their leg in the playoffs.

we are the Marty Schottenheimer chargers, if anything.

Great analogy. The truth sometimes hurts. 

The Bills should never be compared to a dynasty Pats team. 

This Bills team has fallen short come playoff time. The Marty and Charger comparasions are sadly accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

you don’t have the authority to question my fan hood either. No one here does. you think fan hood means you must support and agree with everything the team does and flail your pom-poms around. I don’t. I love my bills and I always will and nothing you or anyone else says can ever change that

BroThe Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Diggs trade. Beane was finally going after office, and got Josh a receiver that could help him flourish. 

that was the last time I felt like we really had a cohesive plan that involved taking quality risks to stay competitive with the AFC front runners 

Do you feel it slipping away from the Bills? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Great analogy. The truth sometimes hurts. 

The Bills should never be compared to a dynasty Pats team. 

This Bills team has fallen short come playoff time. The Marty and Charger comparasions are sadly accurate.

I did say the patriots were “dominant” and the bills are only “good”….

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Not saying the Dolphins (or Jets or Patriots) Roster is better than the Bills Roster.  But it is perfectly clear that Josh Allen is the sole area where the Bills have clear dominance in the Division (even if the Jets land Rodgers).

That’s a good place to have the best player. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Do you feel it slipping away from the Bills? 

Yes, that's a great way to describe how i'm feeling.

After 17 years of no-playoff misery and watching a division rival win numerous Super Bowls, we finally get a stud QB and we are in the AFC Champ game, then we are in the Div game, and then we barely get back to the div game by squeaking by a 3rd string QB, then we see the other teams in our division making moves, then we hear Beane say we wont be doing much in free agency because we have very little cap room...

Definitely feels like it's sleeping away.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Josh Allen is a force of nature.  He does that to most.  I saw us barely beat them in the playoffs….with Skylar Thompson under center.  Since then, they’ve gotten better.  We can’t say the same as of now.  

Still lots of time to go.  It’s barely just begun.  

Did we know that he was leaving?  

Totally agree Newera I think Beane is upto something he’s around 26 mill under and still has other restructures to go 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Im not sure to be honest. I was just saying "if" we knew he was leaving... I hope he wouldn't spring that on us.

Of course you’re not sure- 

Fangio runs a 3-4.  Mcdermott is a defensive HC who learned under Jimmy Johnson.  They have different philosophies.  

Mcdermott will now (likely) be calling the plays….  If they did know that he was leaving (to answer your question), they may have also known that McD wanted to be more hands on with the defense and possibly call plays…. Maybe they knew he wanted more or total control….and bringing in a guy like Fangio wouldn’t work.  It wouldn’t work for us and it wouldn’t work for Fangio.  

Geez the panic. We have Josh Allen, just going into his peak years.  Despite everything last year, we were 13-3. Vegas has our odds as 2nd or 3rd best to win it all next year. We have one of the best HC/GM combos in the league and one of the best owners. As one future Jet Aaron Rodgers once famously said: R.E.L.A.X.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Fangio runs a 3-4.  Mcdermott is a defensive HC who learned under Jimmy Johnson.  They have different philosophies.  

Mcdermott will now (likely) be calling the plays….  If they did know that he was leaving (to answer your question), they may have also known that McD wanted to be more hands on with the defense and possibly call plays…. Maybe they knew he wanted more or total control….and bringing in a guy like Fangio wouldn’t work.  It wouldn’t work for us and it wouldn’t work for Fangio.  

Yeah that gives me zero confidence.

Frazier has been running McD's defense for last 5 years. It has resulted in playoff exits, year after year after year.

We NEEDED a changeup. Not a new boss, same as the old boss. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Spot on. 
Fangio is the guy you bring in to run the defense so you can focus solely on the offense. He has 100% authority over that defense. McDaniel figured out pretty quickly last season he can’t takeover and fix the defense if things go horrible. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.