SB LVll Game Thread: Eagles VS Chiefs

T&C

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Memo to Brandon Beane your QB is as good as the guy holding the Lombardi he doesn’t have one cause he has no one blocking for him…fix this and screw your project defensive linemen 

Nah he’s not. But the point is the same - need to crush it in offseason to win it all. Still our coaches are inferior to Reid. So that’s disheartening. 

Philly had no idea what to do when the chiefs started motioning their outside receiver.  The moment they finally decide to play man?  Refs call a BAD hold to give the chiefs the game.

just sad frankly.  Makes you hate the NFL.  Now I need to listen to people saying any flag within two minutes should be reviewed or something 

it’s a joke

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'm not crazy about the bogus flag or the ending but what really makes you think KC wasn't scoring on that drive anyway. It's not like he was awarded 1st down at the 50. 

Without the flag, it was 4th & 8. So yes, KC still kicks the FG. But, Philly would’ve had almost 2 minutes to go tie it up or win it.  That penalty WAS the end of Philly’s chance to win. It ended the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I can totally see Mahomes challenging Brady's record. 

KC is a phenomenal team. Mahomes is virtually unstoppable. 

Congrats to KC and their fans. 

the Bills should be 3 for 3 against the Chiefs  all in KC’s stadium.

Don’t even pretend the game wasn’t handed to them at the end.

Now go back to whatever Chiefs message board you came from and celebrate your “win”.

Edited by Beast

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Quite possibly the worst call in NFL history considering the impact it had on the outcome of the game in a freaking Super Bowl.

i was saying the same thing to a buddy. They literally ruined what was shaping up to be the greatest SB of all time. They decided the outcome. 

First DPI or D hold too all game, I believe. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

I think it will be tough just because of the number of good QBs in the AFC. Brady didn’t have as much competition.

Plus that division is loaded.

For 15 years Brady and his HOF coach had to outduel Jauron, Marrone, Losman, Cleo Lemon, Mark Sanchez...

AFC East was a total LOL

1 minute ago, BMWR100RT said:

This is why NHL>NFL. 

NHL reffing might be worse, but at least it is more predictable.

If a team is down, they probably get the next power play. If the penalties are getting uneven, the team with less penalties is probably getting the next one. Even better if you can even up the penalties after the game is already out of hand.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'm not crazy about the bogus flag or the ending but what really makes you think KC wasn't scoring on that drive anyway. It's not like he was awarded 1st down at the 50. 

That was third down. They would of scored a field goal with a little less than 2 min remaining. 

Eagles have every opportunity to drive the field with 2 min and a timeout. 

can't even watch the post game.  Really didn't care who won, but man, that flag was total garbage.  You don't call PI at the end of a game unless it's really blatant and caused the WR to not catch it.  That was neither.  I hope the Eagles coach has the guts to call out the refs on it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

One team was battle tested while the other hadn’t faced much adversity all season. Chiefs outscored the Eagles 28-11 in the second half.

Yes, they did but the game shouldn't have ended that way.

The referees decided the outcome of that game, not the players.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Cray51 said:

Philly had no idea what to do when the chiefs started motioning their outside receiver.  The moment they finally decide to play man?  Refs call a BAD hold to give the chiefs the game.

just sad frankly.  Makes you hate the NFL.  Now I need to listen to people saying any flag within two minutes should be reviewed or something 

it’s a joke

Well on the td they took the lead on Philly was in man, he just got burned thinking he was still going to motion across and not turn back

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Man what a terrible call. It turned an amazing super bowl game into a controversy. Kansas City very well may have won the game without that call. But because of that call it puts a big old asterisk next to their win (not that KC coaches/players/fans care…). 

What a crappy way to end a great game!

I see it that way but I’m sure KC fans are too busy celebrating to care

To be fair, the Eagles D got toasted brown and crispy on busted coverage for 2 TDs, and if they’d played those better, they’d not have been in the position where a ticky-tack DH call that KC does nearly every play could burn them like that

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LEBills said:

oh god they just compared Mahomes ankle to Jordan’s flu game and Schillings bloody sock

Bro knew exactly what he was doing acting like he was dying when his ankle got touched. Lose and that’s the excuse, win and fools will act like they are now

makes me gag

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I fear Josh Allen career is looking like a lot of what ifs. What if he had a gm and coach who cared more about scoring points than preventing them?

Funny thing is I think Josh would love to have the chance to be in another one of these shootouts, win or lose. The way we went out was deflating. Philly? They can go home feeling great about this season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, DapperCam said:

NHL reffing might be worse, but at least it is more predictable.

If a team is down, they probably get the next power play. If the penalties are getting uneven, the team with less penalties is probably getting the next one. Even better if you can even up the penalties after the game is already out of hand.

I'm saying in a series decaiding game, no ref is going to call a questionable penalty.

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I can totally see Mahomes challenging Brady's record. 

KC is a phenomenal team. Mahomes is virtually unstoppable. 

Congrats to KC and their fans. 

Mahomes threw for 182 yards. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

And your reasoning is based upon what? Don’t see Philly putting 35 pts up on Buffalo and for all the moaning the Bills had a top ranked offense. If we are going on facts Buffalo beat KC AT KC who just beat Philly.

Bills almost got beat by a decimated Dolphins team and got curb stomped by the Bengals. Both teams way worse than the Eagles. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Without the flag, it was 4th & 8. So yes, KC still kicks the FG. But, Philly would’ve had almost 2 minutes to go tie it up or win it.  That penalty WAS the end of Philly’s chance to win. It ended the game. 

I wonder what happens if a Philly player had picked up the RB prior to when he gave himself up and carried him into the endzone...would be one of the most interesting plays in NFL history?  I'm guessing it stops the play where he picks him up?  

2 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

it’s a joke

What a BS call. Apparently the mafia still pulls strings. What an embarrassing way to end a Super Bowl. Disgusting. 

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Funny thing is I think Josh would love to have the chance to be in another one of these shootouts, win or lose. The way we went out was deflating. Philly? They can go home feeling great about this season. 

Philly has to take advantage of Hurts rookie deal in the next couple years. 

I hate to say it but Andy Reid and his coaching staff are the reason they won tonight. Mahomes wasn’t better than Hurts tonight, the Defenses were even. The two scores with no one around was all Andy Reid. 

Spags playing soft but cranking up the pressure when he needed to helping the defense get the Chiefs off the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.