Patrick Mahomes ankle injury

HOUSE

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

As I recall, Mahomes had a sprained ankle or knee when he made the Bills defense look silly in the AFCC game two years ago…I’m not getting my hopes up yet.

Concussion.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/playoffs/2021/01/17/chiefs-overcome-injury-patrick-mahomes-beat-browns-nfl-playoffs/4199854001/

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yiu said any QB can play with Andy.  Any one of them could win a SB and mult consecutive divisional games ?

Andy did take the Eagles to 4 consecutive NFC Championships as well and a SB. He has a pretty good history of making QB's look good. McNabb, Vick, Folk, Smith, and now Mahomes.

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

In terms of Mahomes injury, he’s not getting GABBA, he’s not getting a TAP block for an ankle, and maybe they toss him some Tylenol. Not sure why the use of toradol in this situation is controversial to you considering it’s short term analgesic potential but whatever Mahomes will play next week and be somewhat hobbled.

I had a lot of toradol in the hospital after an amputation. 800mg gaba x 3/day as part of phantom pain control. Obviously diff situations but i didnt feel like toradol touched my pain. Also gaba feels very weak, and side effect free. Like itd be a medicine most could take without side effects.

My question i guess is, would either of these even touch that pain level, and even if they would, are you saying a dr couldnt justify giving those for his pain. I imagine theyd gladlly throw it at him, no big deal, in hopes they can dodge opiates.

Am i off base and these two are something a dr isnt giving out for short term pain?

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

McNabb was washed up his last 2 years (off the Eagles).   Plus he wasn’t “any QB”— he was the 2nd overall pick.  Mult NFCC appearances.  No ring.

Mahomes is starter and immediately 5000 yards and 50 TDs.  4 AFCC in a row 2 SB and a ring.

Yea seemed like McNabb didn't have enough weapons.  He had T.O. for a little while but don't remember any other players he had on those teams.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

You don’t need to be an internet doctor to know that isn’t going to feel very good tomorrow and probably next weekend either.

And really does Patrick or the Chiefs wanna ignore maybe additional injury because he's not able to escape as he normally could.  Seems a bad gamble on his part.  Reports that there will be more testing done to be sure there is any damage that wasn't shown on initial tests.

9 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

And really does Patrick or the Chiefs wanna ignore maybe additional injury because he's not able to escape as he normally could.  Seems a bad gamble on his part.  Reports that there will be more testing done to be sure there is any damage that wasn't shown on initial tests.

they don’t care. He’ll play, and play well. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This is what people need to realize.   He will be out there and play very well.   He will not miss this game

You know he'll play.

And I agree he'll play well; his brain and his eyes are his most dangerous weapons.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

they don’t care. He’ll play, and play well. 

I cannot speak on how KC Chiefs care or do not care about his health long term.  I would expect Patrick to care and have final say whether or not he can play.  If there really is no injury and Patrick was faking a limp to getting our guys thinking he will be easy to contain, I think that will be easily detected by our team when they do play I don't see our guys thinking things got easier because Patrick may be less than 100%.  I also don't think they will take it easy on Mahomes if they get a clear path to him he will get hit cleanly so if he is less mobile that's on him if he gets hurt worse.

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

You know he'll play.

And I agree he'll play well; his brain and his eyes are his most dangerous weapons.

He’ll play well, but even if he’s 80% of his regular self that might be all the edge we need. Could be one or two additional punts because he couldn’t pull his magician BS escaping the pocket while under pressure like last year’s AFCCG.

It’s probably a wash with Von Miller being out.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

You know he'll play.

I expect he will play, but if he plays as well as he usually does I'll be surprised. Of course that doesn't mean it wouldn't be enough. Hell, look no further than Henne's 98 yard drive. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I think he’s going to be hampered his ability to escape is just as important as his ability to make those crazy accurate throws

I agree… there is not way that the ankle isn’t going to effect him.  Both Cincy or Buffalo will put forth a better defensive effort than Jacksonville did

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I think he’s going to be hampered his ability to escape is just as important as his ability to make those crazy accurate throws

He's not going to be able to move as well, but that escapability is as much instinct as it is athleticism with him.

It will probably cost them a couple 3rd down conversion throughout the game, and that might be just enough for the Bills or Bengals to gain the edge they need to put them away.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

He’ll play well, but even if he’s 80% of his regular self that might be all the edge we need. Could be one or two additional punts because he couldn’t pull his magician BS escaping the pocket while under pressure like last year’s AFCCG.

It’s probably a wash with Von Miller being out.

This is the game where the Bills need Jordan Phillips/Daquon Jones/Ed Oliver to push the pocket from the middle. Make Mahomes have to move left to right. 

Mahomes will be ready to play. They will shoot him up with pain killers. Even If he's 80% he will still be dangerous. The guy is a winner and a leader. The heart and sole if the team. Him and Kelce are unstoppable. KC isn't nearly as good as previous years. Nevertheles, they will be tough to beat. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

To a degree as Mahomes makes great things when they go unscripted but if he's hobbling he can't escape pressure as well. 

The Jags could not generate any pressure in the second half.

Of course Mahomes was checking down, but I don’t remember him getting touched really the rest of the game. 

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Mahomes will be ready to play. They will shoot him up with pain killers. Even If he's 80% he will still be dangerous. The guy is a winner and a leader. The heart and sole if the team. Him and Kelce are unstoppable. KC isn't nearly as good as previous years. Nevertheles, they will be tough to beat. 

I was told they were better without Tyreek Hill.

But honestly though I agree, they don’t have as high of a top gear , but still the Jags showed if you make mistakes - dropped bomb, dropped interception, leaky protection and you’ll lose.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.