The pessimism thread - That game didn’t go as planned

Einstein

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

A lot of this is because Miami was dropping everything.

Add in 100 yards of drops, first downs, etc and those numbers change COMPLETELY. Not every team will be as generous.

Some people just wanna be miserable 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

I need to let that sink in.  I fear we have left a blueprint on how to beat us moving forward. I of course am glad we are advancing I just hope for the best game plans possible to be able to  win next week and eventually  achieve our ultimate goal of a super bowl Victory!

We won….Miami got all the bounces and lost….Basically that is the blueprint to beat the Billls…..get all the bounces 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe we can keep all the pessimism in this thread? Eh, who am I kidding.

- I’m guessing we lose this game if Tua was playing.

- The defense gave up 3rd and 19, 2nd and 18, 1st and 15, 4th and 8 and probably others i’m forgetting. And that’s with them starting their THIRD string QB and BACKUP RB and BACKUP RT.

- We couldn’t get pressure for most of the game unless we blitzed. 4 rushers we’re not getting home.

- Allen had 3 turnovers, though I don’t think they were all his fault.

- Lots of people want to blame Dorsey but we scored 34 points despite 3 turnovers. Not sure what they’re complaining about.

Lastly, WE WON. Miami lost. Nothing else matters. Take your weird coach and go back to your swamp-ass humid city. LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

What was different about that today? We've been doing that all season.  LOL

Missed tackles is our thing.

26 minutes ago, muppy said:

I need to let that sink in.  I fear we have left a blueprint on how to beat us moving forward. I of course am glad we are advancing I just hope for the best game plans possible to be able to  win next week and eventually  achieve our ultimate goal of a super bowl Victory!

Run Cover 0 and hope Allen doesn't hit deep shots? Good luck with that...easily could have several more big plays that barely missed or were dropped. 

Divisional opponents are tough because they know things other teams do not that can only be gained from actually playing against opponents. We don't face anymore of those, so I doubt there will be any blueprint.

That being said...the Bills scored 34 points...probably left 10-14 on the field still. Not many teams are going to think they have a blueprint by trying to outscore us.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Baba Booey said:

Guys, Josh has Regressed!!! I know he had some drops, but one series explains it all. 1st and 10. Two bombs and a missed throw with game on line. Just not smart, panics when it comes down to it. So many missed throws, the third down to Shakir open over the middle. Over throws him. We are kidding ourselves to even put him anywhere near Mahomes of for that matter Burrow. Bengals smoke us next week!!  I didn’t know Daboll would mean that much. 

You are not a guy I want in the foxhole with me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I get the pessimism.  This team is not playing to potential.  Mistakes from every position group.  I choose to remain optimistic knowing the Bills are capable and every week is different.  One thing I know for sure is there were two upsets this weekend so far and the Bills weren't one of them

• Like (+1) 3

A lot of this is because Miami was dropping everything.

Add in 100 yards of drops, first downs, etc and those numbers change COMPLETELY. Not every team will be as generous.

Drops are part of the game.  Some of those drops were caused by great defensive play.  We had a bunch of key drops too.

31 minutes ago, TH3 said:

We won….Miami got all the bounces and lost….Basically that is the blueprint to beat the Billls…..get all the bounces 

Actually they did miss one bounce. We had another fumble on a punt return and we got lucky.  They were one bounce short of what they needed 😃

I saw we did get some pressure but why did it take until the 3rd QTR to finally start bringing the heat? Why does it take miracle drives to adjust in game so many times? I'm not even a pessimist I think it's a viable question. I also think had Knox caught the TD, Shakir caught the bomb and Beasley not getting interfered with for an INT and this game could have easily been a blow out by us so like Allen said a win is a win now we only need 3 more of them!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

No, I don't think so...I think the Bills played arrogant football on offense too much of the game as if Miami couldn't stop it and they wanted to rest starters by the 4th quarter. They were trying to beat them 55-3 instead of just making sure they won.

Their arrogance almost cost them. I don't think they would have had the same gameplan if Tua played or have played so loosely goosey on offense.

It means ZERO going into next week. ZERO.

It means everything, because the same coaching staff will be coaching next week. The same coaches from 13 seconds, same coaches with zero scheme for Kelce the year before, same coaches that blew the Texans game the year before that packing in the offense with the slightest lead caving in the 2nd half.  Yet again we have horrible game planning and an unprepared team. If you don't see the pattern by the 4th consecutive year, there's nothing to tell you because you refuse to see it by this point. 

We really just put the corpse of Cole Beasley and corpse of John Brown on the field and gave them huge roles in the gameplan, deactivating McKenzie-- because we all know old, slow guys with their athleticism sapped play better at WR in the playoffs.  Competely irresponsible. 

5 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

It means everything, because the same coaching staff will be coaching next week. The same coaches from 13 seconds, same coaches with zero scheme for Kelce the year before, same coaches that blew the Texans game the year before that packing in the offense with the slightest lead caving in the 2nd half.  Yet again we have horrible game planning and an unprepared team. If you don't see the pattern by the 4th consecutive year, there's nothing to tell you because you refuse to see it by this point. 

We really just put the corpse of Cole Beasley and corpse of John Brown on the field and gave them huge roles in the gameplan, deactivating McKenzie-- because we all know old, slow guys with their athleticism sapped play better at WR in the playoffs.  Competely irresponsible. 

Maybe you should try drinking less during gameday.

Look im Glad the Bills win. Truly. What fan wouldn't be?  I also think it's crazy that there are fans that want to act like they are above criticizing what they saw today. I'm not inspired by the way they played. I don't think this will cut it against better competition. Does that make me pessimistic or realistic. The coach, Josh and everyone in that locker room I'm sure believes the same thing. That's why we're always told that they'll move one and learn from it. I'm still waiting for them to learn how to stop a 3rd and 18 or a 4th and forever. This defense busts their butts and then are put in this prevent just to squander it away. They put too much pressure on Josh to be Superman. PROTECT HIM. GET HIM WEAPONS. Idk. Are we dogs at home next week?  I'm curious to see them play as the underdog and rise to the occasion. Go Bills 

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

No, I don't think so...I think the Bills played arrogant football on offense too much of the game as if Miami couldn't stop it and they wanted to rest starters by the 4th quarter. They were trying to beat them 55-3 instead of just making sure they won.

Their arrogance almost cost them. I don't think they would have had the same gameplan if Tua played or have played so loosely goosey on offense.

This ... the slate is wiped clean. 

I just want them to find the guy that can get in Josh's ear and find the right balance of bombs away and reigning him in.  

12 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Anyone that has watched this team the second half of the season knew this type of game was not unexpected.

So many “experts” on here thought we’d crush the Dolphins because we beat the mighty Bears by 22 points!

Yep.  Eliminate the stupid turnovers and that was a boat race.  Turn the ball over repeatedly and you escape with a win.

• Thank you (+1) 1

What was most unsettling to me today was our play on both sides of the line.  

On D, we are missing Von so much.  We simply couldn’t get to the QB rushing 4.. and that was against a decimated Dolphins O-line. I don’t remember even seeing Rousseau, and Oliver was not wreaking havoc.  On those frustrating and converted 3rd and longs when we’re sitting back… we NEED to start getting to the QB

On O, same story as all season.. we’re a mediocre line at best. Felt like the pressure was on Allen all game.. (also felt Allen held on the to the ball  too long at times).  

It wouldn't have to be like this If people could stop going completely illogical and predict we're gonna crush a team thay played us close all year. And the media and books didn't help either.

Listening to wgr pre game was really disappointing. They were laughing about the dolphins and sounding pompous.

People need to stay humble

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Anyone that has watched this team the second half of the season knew this type of game was not unexpected.

So many “experts” on here thought we’d crush the Dolphins because we beat the mighty Bears by 22 points!

I got hammered for claiming this game was a coin flip and being favored by 10.5 points was kind of ridiculous. Then when it was announced Tua was out for certain I thought okay, Skylar Thompson starting? We're definitely going to win by 3 plus scores. We've got to, right? 3rd string QB? Practice squad offensive linemen?

The defense played well enough for us to win by 3 scores. But the offense must've felt like it was the Dolphins' birthday because they just kept gifting them points. 

Miami was tough.  We played a good game, not perfect obviously, but plays were made when needed.  

Playoff win = good win.  Would like to see more balance on offense, too many bombs. 

Cinci didn’t do much versus Ravens either.   Winning is hard. 

On to next week.  GO Bills!!!

16 hours ago, Big Turk said:

When we went for it the first drive I said to my brother we want to knock them out early when we simply need to play our game. When Josh threw the pick intended for Brown I knew I was right. They wanted a 28-0 half time score and almost ended up losing, next week better be smarter

11 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Even though it worked out, I couldn’t believe that deep pass to Shakir on 3rd-and-1. Get the first down! These guys aren’t learning anything from multiple killed drives!

We have a few WR’s on our team that run side-to-side instead of going forward. Frustrating.

16 hours ago, Einstein said:

Maybe we can keep all the pessimism in this thread? Eh, who am I kidding.

- I’m guessing we lose this game if Tua was playing.

- The defense gave up 3rd and 19, 2nd and 18, 1st and 15, 4th and 8 and probably others i’m forgetting. And that’s with them starting their THIRD string QB and BACKUP RB and BACKUP RT.

- We couldn’t get pressure for most of the game unless we blitzed. 4 rushers we’re not getting home.

- Allen had 3 turnovers, though I don’t think they were all his fault.

- Lots of people want to blame Dorsey but we scored 34 points despite 3 turnovers. Not sure what they’re complaining about.

Lastly, WE WON. Miami lost. Nothing else matters. Take your weird coach and go back to your swamp-ass humid city. LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

Good thread.  Keep all the pessimism here.

im complaining about Dorsey because Cook and Motor had a combined 0 targets.  That’s just mind blowing to me.  I can’t understand why.

i have no issues with all of the deep balls.  I think we should throw several every game if guys are matched up in single man.  

Josh clearly misses Daboll.  Daniel jones is now going to be a 40M qb.  Thanks to Daboll.  He really looks to be a QB whisperer and we miss him.

1pm Josh Allen sucks compared to all the other Josh Allens.  3pm Josh next week.  We good

23 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Maybe you should try drinking less during gameday.

The deactivated McKemzie in favor of the corpse of Cole Beasley and corpse of John Brown, both given big roles in the game plan and both predictably played like dog crap.

It's unreal how some people like yourself want to stick your head in the sand then dismiss any deserved criticism of a coach that continues to shoot this team in the foot EVERY playoff. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.