Fish v. Bills, GAME BALLS

Freddie's Dead

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

That being said, it’s pretty incredible to take away a game ball from a guy who threw for 320+ (should’ve had 50 more yards on that pass to Shakir) and 3 touchdowns 

When your qb that is how it goes. He gave the dolphins too many points on his turnovers. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The game should not have been close and risking losing by making a plethora of mistakes due to over-aggressive playcalls and lack of respect for a team almost got them beat.

I don't think "lack of respect" enters into it at all.  I think that's the sort of thing fans say.

I do think this was un utterly mistake filled game on all fronts (coaching, coordinating, Josh's decision making) and execution was poor a lot of the time.

This team has not played championship winning football for practically the second half of the season.

The buck stops next week with the Bengals, unless we somehow find a way to unlock the best version of the Bills.

It's been about 8 or 9 games now and it hasn't happened so far, so...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

None 

The entire team didn't play up to their playoff standard and let a far inferrior team stick around and gave them a chance to win.

They all get F's in my book and hopefully that kick in the ass will make them realize they can't take anyone lightly again.

Hopefully they take a page out of how Georgia played in the semi.  Josh with 7 sacks and 3 turnovers.  To be able to play so poorly and hang on better motivate them next week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ngbills said:

When your qb that is how it goes. He gave the dolphins too many points on his turnovers. 

Turn overs, plural? The fumble might’ve been a misread on the corner blitz but both interceptions were on the receivers. As a group our receivers completely sucked the life out of the offense in the second quarter and it almost cost the team the game. They collectively made some nice plays late, thankfully. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Hopefully they take a page out of how Georgia played in the semi.  Josh with 7 sacks and 3 turnovers.  To be able to play so poorly and hang on better motivate them next week.

Wondering if that is the move more teams try to do against Allen...show him the free up the middle runs with gaping space and then close the pocket just as he tries to take it.

Miami did that several times today...made him think he had a huge lane up the middle and closed it last second.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

He also made some bad ones.  I got yelled at for not revoking his game ball a few weeks back.  That series that was bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran, sack, with 9:00 left in the 4th sealed it for me.

It definitely wasn't his best game,  but as many times as they tried it,  I have to think it's more on Dorsey's gameplan and play calling than Allen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, RedDog3940 said:

Spencer Brown's best play was recovering Josh's fumble.  I give game balls to Elam (INT and key PBU) and Singletary (GW First Down).

My vote went to the 300lb double forearm to the back of Christian WIlkins' head, but possession is pretty good too. :D

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I thought Elam covered Hill about as good as anyone I have seen in a long time. He stayed right with him a few times which made Thompson go somewhere else with the ball. The kid obviously has the physical tools and it appears he is learning as the year goes on. I was impressed with his performance.

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

As usual, Josh and Stef get automatic game balls (Josh's is revoked, we won despite him), and I pick up to 3 O and 3 D and you have at it.  

Dawson "Dawesome" Knox - Big catches early and huge TD catch.  Luckily we didn't need the one he couldn't haul in.

Gabe "Welcome Back" Davis - The playoff Gabe Davis showed up big today, making ridiculous catches and the toe-tapper to win the game.

Devin "Motor" Singletary - Game ball for one play, the FD that Squished the Fish.

Taron Johnson - By far the best player on the field for either team.  Tackles, pressures, run support, pass defenses, hits, this guy did it all today.  

Tremaine Edmunds - Also all over the place today, was hitting like a madman, tough tackles, PD's, one of his best games as a Buffalo Bill.

Kaiir "Jack" Elam - Huge INT and massive PD on 4th down to ice the game.  The rook came up big today.

WHO YA GOT???

This is my whole list as well. Those guys all played really well (less so with Singletary but as noted, what a run to end the game even if he probably came up a little short).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

As usual, Josh and Stef get automatic game balls (Josh's is revoked, we won despite him), and I pick up to 3 O and 3 D and you have at it.  

Dawson "Dawesome" Knox - Big catches early and huge TD catch.  Luckily we didn't need the one he couldn't haul in.

Gabe "Welcome Back" Davis - The playoff Gabe Davis showed up big today, making ridiculous catches and the toe-tapper to win the game.

Devin "Motor" Singletary - Game ball for one play, the FD that Squished the Fish.

Taron Johnson - By far the best player on the field for either team.  Tackles, pressures, run support, pass defenses, hits, this guy did it all today.  

Tremaine Edmunds - Also all over the place today, was hitting like a madman, tough tackles, PD's, one of his best games as a Buffalo Bill.

Kaiir "Jack" Elam - Huge INT and massive PD on 4th down to ice the game.  The rook came up big today.

WHO YA GOT???

Elam balled out.  Shame he couldn’t haul in that 2nd pick

Hines converted a loss into a significant gain for 3rd and short with willpower and strong legs.  But he did muff

I kind of feel that’s the story for everyone.  Great play but….

Dawson had a great catch but also a ball he could have caught go for an incompletion and no TD

Shakir great clutch catch but also catchable incompletion

Diggs amazing one handed but because he tried to tuck it away and it rolled down his jersey, ruled incomplete

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I was just glad that Spence wasn't ejected for that.

Yeah kind of funny how Gronk is vilified on here for his hit on White and Brown will be extolled for an equally dirty shot.  

6 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

Dropping an open TD pass excludes Knox from a game ball

That was a tough catch.  Falling and reaching back. Yes makeable but still high level of difficulty

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yeah kind of funny how Gronk is vilified on here for his hit on White and Brown will be extolled for an equally dirty shot.  

The only difference is that Spence was hitting a guy that already had grabbed JA's junk.  Tre' White never grabbed Gronk's junk, AFAIK.....  Also, Wilkins is a dirty POS who deserved it :ph34r:

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Agree 2

Expectations for Josh Allen have once again gotten ridiculous. The fumble TD was 100% his fault. I saw him miss a slant to Davis and a crosser to Shakir. Other than that he was making a ton of big plays downfield. It's what the offense is designed to do. Dolphins pass rush played a great game and a few untimely drops for us in the 1st half led to the offense looking more sporadic than it really should have been.

Allen, Diggs, and Davis on offense

Edmunds, Elam, and Johnson on defense

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I feel like the whole back end of the D came to play including linebackers, even Dean was a stud. D line was good at times, but gave the qb too much time or let the qb out of the pocket with bad angles too often. The offense was good enough. Besides Diggs and Davis, each player had some strikes against them, so they two get the only game balls on O. 

im so glad that is over. My heart was pounding and my hands shaking for most of the time. A win is a win, and I’ll take it. Need a week to recover.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen

Diggs

Davis

Knox

Edmunds

Johnson

Elam

White

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Allen threw for over 350 yards and  3 TD's and had a QB rating of 93.  He had a key run to convert a 3rd and long in the red zone on the Bills go ahead TD drive.  He made a number of fantastic throws. He had a bad fumble that is on hm.  IMO the 2 INT's were not on Allen.  To top it off Allen made a beautiful 54 yard throw to Kalir that was dropped right before the half.  The game tuns out differently and is likely a blowout if he makes that catch.

We didn't win "despite him".  Allen contributed a great deal to the Bills win today.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen

Diggs

Davis

Knox

Edmunds

Johnson

Elam

White

Allen threw for over 350 yards and  3 TD's and had a QB rating of 93.  He had a key run to convert a 3rd and long in the red zone on the Bills go ahead TD drive.  He made a number of fantastic throws. He had a bad fumble that is on hm.  IMO the 2 INT's were not on Allen.  To top it off Allen made a beautiful 54 yard throw to Kalir that was dropped right before the half.  The game tuns out differently and is likely a blowout if he makes that catch.

We didn't win "despite him".  Allen contributed a great deal to the Bills win today.

Been away....haven't seen you in a while....how've you been...

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Expectations for Josh Allen have once again gotten ridiculous. The fumble TD was 100% his fault. I saw him miss a slant to Davis and a crosser to Shakir. Other than that he was making a ton of big plays downfield. It's what the offense is designed to do. Dolphins pass rush played a great game and a few untimely drops for us in the 1st half led to the offense looking more sporadic than it really should have been.

Allen, Diggs, and Davis on offense

Edmunds, Elam, and Johnson on defense

Also I think at least 3 of those sacks were of the half yard variety when Allen was trying to scramble.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

WHO YA GOT???

Nice picks. 2nd great game in a row for Taron. Saw a replay of last week's game and he was all over the field in the 2nd half.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.