Florio: Brady to the Dolphins "Definitely on the Table"

Nextmanup

15 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

If Brady were smart, and wants another Superbowl, he would stay out of the AFC. 

Brady has played 23 years in the NFL, and never had a top QB in the same division.

During the 20 years he played for New England, all three of the AFC East teams were without a franchise quarterback.  Probably the only division in the NFL with a stretch that long ever.  The same year Josh Allen broke out and became Top 5, Brady left and signed with Tampa Bay.

Then in Brady's first year with the Bucs, we saw a significant decline in the skills of both Drew Brees and Matt Ryan.  Of course, Brees retired just a year later.  Ryan got traded to Indy this past season, leaving the NFC South as the worst division in all of football.  

Edited by mjt328

Brady ranked 30th in yards per pass, or yards per attempt.

The reason he had so many passing yards and so many attempts is that Tampa is totally 1 dimensional and cannot run the football and only passes. 

It's dink and dunk, aside from a few deep passes to Mike Evans in the Carolina game. That was an anomaly though this season. 

50 minutes ago, foreboding said:

No way is Tua better. Brady throws it just as accurate, can throw it further and is without doubt one of the finest on field football minds ever....and...he knows how to be available.

But...Brady isn't better than 17.

THIS is huge.

If pressure of any kind gets anywhere near Brady this year he just chucks the ball. He is terrified of getting hit, even more than ever. 

BUT... week #17 and 18, or late in the game, he is in the game with a chance to win. If you're in the locker room or on the sideline with an injury you have no shot at all. 

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, foreboding said:

No way is Tua better. Brady throws it just as accurate, can throw it further and is without doubt one of the finest on field football minds ever....and...he knows how to be available.

But...Brady isn't better than 17.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.  

5 hours ago, Beast said:

I hope so. I want to see the Bills pound him before he rides off into the sunset.

I was really POed he left just as the Bills with JA17 were going to smash him. But beating a Dolphins team led by Brady doesn't have the same feel. Still fun to squish the fish, but it doesn't add much.

And... who said Tua was done? He came back and played well in the SAME GAME (doh!) against the Bills. Got destroyed 4 days later, and still wasn't out that long and played well until his recent one. Morse just had his 6th official concussion and he's back. 

7 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I was really POed he left just as the Bills with JA17 were going to smash him. But beating a Dolphins team led by Brady doesn't have the same feel. Still fun to squish the fish, but it doesn't add much.

And... who said Tua was done? He came back and played well in the SAME GAME (doh!) against the Bills. Got destroyed 4 days later, and still wasn't out that long and played well until his recent one. Morse just had his 6th official concussion and he's back. 

Doesn't mean anything ... depends on the severity of the concussions and Tua's responses and symptoms. Everyone is different.

2 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Doesn't mean anything ... depends on the severity of the concussions and Tua's responses and symptoms. Everyone is different.

I agree. But I just don't believe the media line that Tua is done. He might be, but they don't know any more than any of us... including Tua himself. Next season is a long time away.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah 400 more yards with 166 more attempts than Allen.  That works out to like 2.5 yards per attempt. 

I was going to say something similar. Most say Buffalo is a pass happy offense that struggles to run the ball consistently. Josh had 567 pass attempts this year, while Brady had a league high 733 attempts. Only twice has a QB top 700 attempts in a season, both have been Brady in back to back years.

Alot of people have been singing Tom's praises since arriving in Tampa and to a degree, deservingly so. But make no mistake about it he did as much, if not,  more on quite a few less attempts in NE. During his time in NE(not counting his rookie year) he averaged 525.5 attempts per year. In Tampa he has averaged 687.33 per season, a 30.7% increase from his NE days.

Interestingly Herbert has had similar attempts as Brady in the last 2 seasons. Averaging 40 less attempts per season.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Oh I really really hope this is accurate! But Brady to Raiders is the more likely of the 2, imho—as discussed yesterday on McAfee also. 

I agree… In LV he has his Buddy as cos h in McDaniel along with Davante, Waller, and maybe Jacobs.  

Something tells me he might want to end his career in San Fran - his childhood team

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I agree… In LV he has his Buddy as cos h in McDaniel along with Davante, Waller, and maybe Jacobs.  

Something tells me he might want to end his career in San Fran - his childhood team

Doubtful with Purdy and Lance there.

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

Would not shock me, and I may even predict, that next years AFC East consists of:

Bills - Allen

Dolphins - Brady

Jets - Lamar

Patriots - Mac

The Phins should go all in for Lamar, send Tua and whatever else Baltimore wants, they become instant SB favorites.   That would be a scary team with all that speed, I sure hope they don’t do it 😂.  Lamar to the Jets is much less troubling.

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Lance is a dud.

Yup.  But they invested a lot in him.  It will be interesting to see how they handle the QB situation.

It will also be interesting to see what the Packers do after Rodgers is gone and they're left with that dud Love.

Edited by Doc

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

The Phins should go all in for Lamar, send Tua and whatever else Baltimore wants, they become instant SB favorites.   That would be a scary team with all that speed, I sure hope they don’t do it 😂.  Lamar to the Jets is much less troubling.

No one wants Tua at this point and Miami doesn't have a 1st rounder this draft.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

No one wants Tua at this point and Miami doesn't have a 1st rounder this draft.

I don’t disagree, but I could see them selling the farm(future) for him. There’s more than 1st round picks available, so maybe it becomes some of the young defensive pieces etc along with future first rounders.

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

Would not shock me, and I may even predict, that next years AFC East consists of:

Bills - Allen

Dolphins - Brady

Jets - Lamar

Patriots - Mac

Lamar — fragile and won’t make the year..

Brady — he be dangerous with those weapons, but he won’t go there unless they fix the O line

Mac — will be there hopefully with Bill O’Brian as OC.. 

Allen - Duh..

Jets would be dumb enough get Jackson who is having knee problems.. his game is gone when his legs go.. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Zach Wilson is the abject lesson to cut your losses and move on.

Money comes a lot easier than do wins in the NFL. 

Wilson is the exception to the rule, he was completely clueless! 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

I think Tua is the better qb at this point….but his future seems to be in doubt. Might be a good move for a year maybe 2. 

Really? Brady has played over 20 freaking years! And outside of 2008 he has been the Cal Ripken of the NFL.  Tua in 4 years gets put on IR getting out of bed in the morning. Now FTR I don't fear Brady at this point but in a timing based offense where he gets rid the ball faster than anyone he would be a significant upgrade over Tua in Miami.

Of course it's JMHO...

I think Florio saw McDaniel and got confused with McDanielS, bc if Brady comes back next year I think it’s with his boy in Vegas. Davante, elite TE, Renfrow is his new Welker/Edelman, and the fact that he’s won 6 rings with the guy calling the plays…I just wonder if he’d be willing to step into arguably the toughest division in football.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Nitro said:

Brady 490 completions for 4,694 while Allen had 359 for 4,283.   Brady qbr 52.6  rating 90.7 and Allen 71.2 and 96.6.  One less game and stronger competition Allen has surpassed Tom Brady.  If he wants to spend this last season in the AFC East the Bills, Jets and Pats defenses will make him regret it. 

Exactly. He’s not terrible right now, but he is finally getting to the point where Father Time is catching up. I would welcome a 46 year old QB on a division rival 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yup.  But they invested a lot in him.  It will be interesting to see how they handle the QB situation.

It will also be interesting to see what the Packers do after Rodgers is gone and they're left with that dud Love.

Jordon Love is going to be a star. That kid is so talented. He came in for Rodgers for a game and was slinging it. He needed some time to develop but he looks sharp

I’m a big fan of his 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lamar — fragile and won’t make the year..

Brady — he be dangerous with those weapons, but he won’t go there unless they fix the O line

Mac — will be there hopefully with Bill O’Brian as OC.. 

Allen - Duh..

Jets would be dumb enough get Jackson who is having knee problems.. his game is gone when his legs go.. 

Wilson is the exception to the rule, he was completely clueless! 

Ok how about Rosen? And Darnold? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.