Thankful for Zac Taylor, the Bengals organization and their fans

Bengals / Bills fans have been outright great towards each other for a while now. They’re quickly becoming a team worth rooting for when not lined up against us, even if their owner isn’t the greatest. Nothing but good things to say towards them, especially given the circumstances.

• Like (+1) 4

They seemed to have handled everything with class and thank God that McDermott and Taylor got together and said no way we are forcing these players to play. The fans seemed to be cheering, I thought I heard some boos when the players left the field and I hope that's not the case but everyone seems to be pulling for Damar and the donations are great too but first and foremost is his health

3 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Bengals / Bills fans have been outright great towards each other for a while now. They’re quickly becoming a team worth rooting for when not lined up against us, even if their owner isn’t the greatest. Nothing but good things to say towards them, especially given the circumstances.

I tend not to think of owners too much when it comes to franchise character unless they’re beyond the pale like Snyder, just because…good luck finding a billionaire with no skeletons.  

• Like (+1) 3

I posted a thread on this but it was merged with the injury one - thoughts and prayers with Tee Higgins too right now. Goodness knows how he is feeling but hope he is able to not blame himself at all.

After Hurst’s tackle and the roll up on Josh I posted that I’d even prefer to see the Chiefs win the SB over the Bengals, as I thought they were playing dirty. But the response of their players, staff and fans after Hamar’s credit does them absolute credit and shows complete class.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I posted a thread on this but it was merged with the injury one - thoughts and prayers with Tee Higgins too right now. Goodness knows how he is feeling but hope he is able to not blame himself at all.

After Hurst’s tackle and the roll up on Josh I posted that I’d even prefer to see the Chiefs win the SB over the Bengals, as I thought they were playing dirty. But the response of their players, staff and fans after Hamar’s credit does them absolute credit and shows complete class.

I was just coming here to post this. Although they did show class after Hamlin's injury, it looked like Hurst purposely speared Taron Johnson in the back of his head with his helmet causing a concussion to Johnson and then whoever the D Lineman was purposely launched himself at Josh's knees. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I was just coming here to post this. Although they did show class after Hamlin's injury, it looked like Hurst purposely speared Taron Johnson in the back of his head with his helmet causing a concussion to Johnson and then whoever the D Lineman was purposely launched himself at Josh's knees. 

Hendrickson, I think.

I gained a lot of respect for Taylor and the Bengals organization last night.  They did the right thing and handled a difficult situation with class.  We all know there are teams in the NFL that would not have done it this way.  Glad to see the Bengals aren't among them.

18 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Yeah…two cheap shots in the first 8 minutes of the game was not a good look. 

Heard from a friend on FB that was at the game, that as soon as they officially announced the game was suspended, Bengal fans that were around them immediately started asking what his charity was, because they were going to contribute. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 8

35 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

It was Trey Hendrickson, who did that extra barrel roll into Josh Allen’s knees. I pointed it out at the time still class, organization and fans

• Agree 1

Bengals fan here…

I was at the game, probably 30% of the crowd was Bills fans.  Before and after I didn’t see any ***** talking, any fights that I typically see with other teams.  Your fan base lived up to its legend.

Absolutely awful outcome, I pray for this kid and his family.

I feel bad even saying this, but I know all too well the costs associated with traveling to an away game.  I hope your fans that did travel get some sort of ticket refund.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Props to the Bengals fans, but these 2 incidents, along with Higgins delivering a helmet-first blow to Hamlin's chest, leave a really bad taste in my mouth.  

41 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I was gonna post about that.  That was bull-butter when Hendrickson did the extra barrel roll into Josh's legs.  F'ing punk did that on purpose.

3 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Props to the Bengals fans, but these 2 incidents, along with Higgins delivering a helmet-first blow to Hamlin's chest, leave a really bad taste in my mouth.  

Higgins play was clean.  It's not his fault. The other 2 plays looked dirty, especially the roll up on Allen 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 5

14 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Looked to me like Higgins hit Hamlin in the chest with his helmet

I'd stop it with this.  Anybody who cares to do so could track down scores of plays in which Bills RBs/WRs/TEs made the exact same play.  Higgins did nothing wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 7

Agreed. It’s so sad the bar is so low on how people, especially fans, should act that something that should be the norm (being respectful and coming together during a tough time) that Cincy stands out. I know Buffalo would do the same.

it’s also cool because the Bills and Bengals could have a really good rivalry going forward. However with this and the Andy Dalton stuff, it seems like we have a bond with them. 

46 minutes ago, McBean said:

I’ll be pulling for Cincinnati from here on out if the Bills get bounced in the future.

I too agree the Cincy team and more importantly the fans were a class act last night, and the fans around the league for their donations.

On the football side, there is no way I’m rooting for any team but the Bills throughout the playoffs.  If you mean if we are elongated, then yes, they are a better option than KC.

I don’t think anyone else in the AFC can come anywhere near the skill, talent and coaching of the above three teams.

One thing I didn’t like was initial reports of “ex-Bills fan Damar Hamlin”.  That was  a huge leap when we have no idea what will be the outcome of his prognosis.  I’d like to remain positive and think it was a sudden event that is not repeatable.

1 hour ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Agree that Higgins play was clean.  He lowered his shoulder and went right for Hamlin's chest.

I thought it was odd when Mixon was quoted saying something about the Bills were "going to have to play them clean".  Often when someone is public raising concern about an issue, it's because ..... it's something they do themselves.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Agree that Higgins play was clean.  He lowered his shoulder and went right for Hamlin's chest.

I thought it was odd when Mixon was quoted saying something about the Bills were "going to have to play them clean".  Often when someone is public raising concern about an issue, it's because ..... it's something they do themselves.

Mixon never said "play clean" - he said play honest, as in the Bills can't oversell to stop the run or the passing game will eat or vice versa, had nothing to do with sportsmanship or dirty play.  This is basic football lingo that anyone who has followed the game for 1 season should know...?

"The best thing about is they're going to have to play us honest," Mixon said. "If you want to cheat, whatever you want to do, we're going to make you pay, whichever way you want to do it."   Joe Mixon

Bengals kept the blue lights on last night for the Bills

52604855384_18e54fedab_m.jpg

Edited by Caesar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It is VERY gratifying how well the Bengals have handled this entire situation from top to bottom.

The amount of money that the bills mafia donated to Andy Daltons' charity showed their fanbase OUR hearts and it helped in their community .

It seems the people of cincinnati have huge hearts too. Kudos.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Mixon never said "play clean" - he said play honest, as in the Bills can't oversell to stop the run or the passing game will eat or vice versa, had nothing to do with sportsmanship or dirty play.  This is basic football lingo that anyone who has followed the game for 1 season should know...?

"The best thing about is they're going to have to play us honest," Mixon said. "If you want to cheat, whatever you want to do, we're going to make you pay, whichever way you want to do it."   Joe Mixon

Nice apologium, but "cheat" is not common usage here.  You're really trying too hard

Nothing but good to say about the Bengals players coaches and fans after the tragedy struck though

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

They seemed to have handled everything with class and thank God that McDermott and Taylor got together and said no way we are forcing these players to play. The fans seemed to be cheering, I thought I heard some boos when the players left the field and I hope that's not the case but everyone seems to be pulling for Damar and the donations are great too but first and foremost is his health

If there were boos I wouldn't blame the fans because they probably didn't fully understand what was happening. Monday night game, paying a ton of money to go, waiting through entry, parking,  etc... game just got started... good chance they thought it was some sort of head injury that we see all too often and grown accustomed to, and not knowing everything else that transpired. I'd give those people the benefit of doubt considering how unprecedented this was. 

11 minutes ago, Caesar said:

What were your thoughts on the Hendrickson 'barrel roll' and Hurst's 'block' on a prone Taron Johnson?

48 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I'd stop it with this.  Anybody who cares to do so could track down scores of plays in which Bills RBs/WRs/TEs made the exact same play.  Higgins did nothing wrong.

All you have to look at is Diggs 1st reception. He lower his head and delivered a huge hit to Cincy's DB. For both teams it was about coming out and trying to establish physical dominance over the other. Though there were a couple plays by Cincy that appeared to be, at best, borderline dirty hits.

1 hour ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Once I saw Hurst clip and drive Johnson head into the ground with no flag I had a bad feel about this game 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.