Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I CANNOT BELIEVE that the "worldwide leader in sports" (ESPN) has STILL NOT BROUGHT UP CHRISTIAN ERICSEN'S SITUATION.

His heart stopped in the middle of a game and he fell straight on his face.

They went out and were engaged in a LOT of very graphic and upsetting CPR on him.

Got him revived, took him off the field...and a few days later he was FINE in a hospital bed smiling for cameras for the world to see.

Big soccer country this is, huh?

It was HUGE INTERNATIONAL STORY.

My soccer pal friend just texted me this:

“I’m going to try to take a hopeful take. Denmark national soccer player Christian Eriksen collapsed and coded on a soccer field a year or so ago. Was successfully brought back with CPR and an AED. Playing professional soccer again. Hoping for the same outcome. “

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Omg. That seems like terrible news.

Cannot believe it's up to Sean and Zak to decide what to do.

NFL needs to suspend it's profits for one mother frickin second and call this game. Schedule another time or give us the L. Whatever

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I do too, but the NFL would face a ton of backlash if they didn't give an option to postpone.

The NFL is probably waiting to find out his situation.  If he died, they will cancel/postpone the game simply due to the look of continuing.

Reminds me of some F1 car races over the years where fatalities were involved.

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It HAS happened before and to the Bills. 

Kevin Everett was injured and was saved due to doctors who had done research partly funded by Ralph Wilson.

It’s probably not the appropriate time to discuss this, but Everett was not fighting for his life he was fighting paralysis.  The state of the art ice saline solution injected into his spine slowed swelling and most likely stopped him from being paralyzed.  Both are horrible injuries but this doesn't compare to Hamlin injury.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He has a pulse but can’t breathe. I wonder if it’s not heart related but respiratory.

Its notlike the movies. When you have a cardiac arrest even after the heart comes back electrically it still may not be moving. And if he had CPR for 9 minutes there may have been little blood movement during that 9 minutes 

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

My soccer pal friend just texted me this:

“I’m going to try to take a hopeful take. Denmark national soccer player Christian Eriksen collapsed and coded on a soccer field a year or so ago. Was successfully brought back with CPR and an AED. Playing professional soccer again. Hoping for the same outcome. “

Big difference there was eriksen was stabilised and breathing on his own as he left the pitch on a stretcher - giving thumbs up etc. players could continue safe in to knowledge he was alive and stable.

here the players don’t know if Hamlin is going to survive this. Game has to be called off by the league. Don’t leave it to the teams. Not fair,

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.