Week 17 Gameday Thread - Around the NFL

chongli

39 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I think we would want the Ravens to win to keep them in the division race.  That way next week's Cincy/Ravens game matters to both.

But if Steelers win it keeps a scenario alive that all of Dolphins, Pats, Jets don't make the playoffs

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

So who are we supposed to root for in this game? Obviously if we win out it doesn’t matter, but if we lose to CIN and beat NE then a PIT win sets up either 2 seed or 3 seed against Baltimore instead of LA

Pittsburgh.  Get the Chargers in the 5 seed and avoid them in RD 1. 

But I don’t think I care anymore about matchups.  

The AFC is ridiculous.

The Raiders just took the NFC SB “favorite” to OT.  With the backup QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

IF we lose tomorrow, I’d rather not face the Chargers in the WC if we are facing Cinci & KC both on the road potentially. 

Especially with the Chargers getting Bosa and Slater back.  

That might be as difficult a run to the Super Bowl as possible.  

So.. whatever prevents that. 

I played around a bit with the machine and if the Ravens win today and Chargers win next week … there’s not much of a chance we play them.  

Some here saying a Ravens loss bumps them up to 5 potentially.   

Not sure if the Chargers will be super motivated next week … I think they do have seeding on the line no matter what.  Would like the Ravens to have something to play the Bengals for, just in case we don’t take care of business tomorrow night.  

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Ah.  This gets tough for rooting (like our rooting has any impact lol) because I hate all of those teams!

From earlier in the thread - following results in Jets, Cheaters, and Fins all missing playoffs - met so far with early games today:

For the Steelers to make the playoffs, three things must happen, in no particular order:

Pittsburgh must win their final two games against the Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns.

Miami Dolphins must lose out or lose and tie once.

Jets need to lose to the Seahawks. (Beat the Dolphins next week).

Bills Beat the Patriots

Edited by stevewin

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Allen was never concussed vs the Packers. 

That is the best secondary in the NFL.

Maybe we should recognize that 2nd half performance vs them as just that - an elite secondary that figured a few things out.  

I don’t know if Allen had a concussion, or got his “throwing engine” messed up a bit with some of the dings and hits he took running - little shoulder sprain, not enough to go on injury report that week which players loathe and try everything to avoid.

But there was a big difference in Allen’s throws and completion % between the 1st and 2nd half, and it wasn’t all on “adjustments” - Allen was throwing balls into the dirt, off target, etc.

Just now, mikemac2001 said:

Just do offsetting penalty’s and let them kick it that’s what would have happened based on the play on the field 

Exactly.  3+3 game. About to be halftime.  6-3 vs 10-3 can be the difference.  Like you said offset them and let the play stand. It was after the play.  Instead free first down. Smells fishy or ***** or both

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

He literally did nothing. I don’t get it.

We must be watching different games.  When a play is over you get up off the pile.  You don't throw a light punch at a guy underneath you or flop around like a fish, trying to run time off the clock.

• Agree 1

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

We must be watching different games.  When a play is over you get up off the pile.  You don't throw a light punch at a guy underneath you or flop around like a fish, trying to run time off the clock.

ha! Maybe. It looked like he was stuck when trying to get out. I also give him the benefit of the doubt because Heyward is pretty much one of the highest character and clean defensive stars in the league, IMO. 

• Agree 1

Heyward penalty was borderline, but 2 things:

1. Ref was clearly telling players play was over/break it up, then Cam pushes the bmore oline 2 additional times.

2. On the 2nd push, Cam makes contact with the Ref.

Again borderline, but Cam being hot-headed in the moment.

2nd half adjustments.  If I'm Bmore, I start to run more playaction/3 step drops on 1st down. Steelers running a 6-2 front basically dictates cover 3 or man coverage. Both susceptible to outside passing game (5-10 yard outs/fade patterns if man).

Steelers offense is moving the ball with their 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense.  Bmore should be sending more blitzes on early downs, get Pitt off schedule.

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

teams that should not have a prime time game for the next 5 seasons, in no particular order.

1. steelers

2. ravens

3. packers

4. patriots

5. cowboys

6. titans

7. colts

8. broncos

9. saints

10. panthers

11. rams

12. cardinals

You forgot the Bucs

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

teams that should not have a prime time game for the next 5 seasons, in no particular order.

1. steelers

2. ravens

3. packers

4. patriots

5. cowboys

6. titans

7. colts

8. broncos

9. saints

10. panthers

11. rams

12. cardinals

Can we add the Bills for Sunday night football until Collinsworth retires? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TBBills Fan said:

Officials making calls that make a difference like just happened is what makes people question the integrity of the NFL 

The NFL will steer games in any direction they want and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.  It's happened for years and will continue long after our dirt naps.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.