Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

4 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

I love Allen, but I’m getting GM Jack Eichel vibes. First he picks Dorsey and now he’s signing FAs.

Gotta think a stipulation of this is Beasley agreeing to keep his dumb mouth shut. Hopefully he’s in good shape to move the chains, I have my doubts based on earlier this year.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No one hates the guy. But he's convinced they do.

There was a lot of negativity being spewed on all the forums about his positions. He’s a prideful athlete that left his blood on the field and thought he deserved universal support. I’m not saying he was justified but I understand both sides.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I love Allen, but I’m getting GM Jack Eichel vibes. First he picks Dorsey and now he’s signing FAs.

Gotta think a stipulation of this is Beasley agreeing to keep his dumb mouth shut. Hopefully he’s in good shape to move the chains, I have my doubts based on earlier this year.

Las Vegas is 20-9-1. Just saying...

4 hours ago, SoMAn said:

That may explain his sudden retirement. After playing with Josh and the family atmosphere of the Buffalo Bills, he finds himself on a team with a whiny finger-pointing QB who berates him publicly as if he’s a rookie who needs to get it together. 
If I’m Beasley in that situation, I tell Brady to F.O. and retire.  

Waiting for the day when Brady throws an int and all the OL gather around him on the bench and start pointing and screaming at him that he sucks

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HaldimandBills said:

This is great. Guy has 4 games to get back in the swing of things and is well rested for the stretch run.

I'm sure everyone will be excited to have him back and whatever happened last season is water under the  bridge. 

And his immune system hasn't been altered! LoL...😉😜😘 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Considering the ridiculous amount of drops this season, the point should be catching the ball. YAC would be nice but catch the damn ball first! and as you say Beasley is a sure thing on that short yardage and might boost our offense in the red zone and 3rd down. 

👆👆👆👆👆

The dude has a phenomenal catch rate.  I know there were a number of years he led the league in catch %.  Davis, McKenzie, Knox, and even Diggs struggle at times (too many times).  

15 minutes ago, Realist said:

If true, sounds like Josh lost confidence in Gabe and McKenzie.

I think that nails it and is the answer to the ongoing question of why Josh doesn’t take the easy, short stuff.

Edited by hemma
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I don't mind signing Beasley.  Fine, whatever.  But if we're this desperate for a slot receiver, what does that say about Shakir?  

More generally, we are desperate at CB, and Elam is sitting on the bench.  We are desperate for better RB production, and Cook barely sees the field.  We're signing guys off the street to play WR, and Shakir is just standing around.  What the actual hell?

This coaching staff struggles to identify talent and trust talent. Sitting Elam is the stupidest thing this staff has done so far this year. He was literally improving every game, so let's stunt that... yea, brilliant plan. Definitely didn't want to have the possibility of two shut down corners going into games against the Chiefs, Bengals...

Shakir and Hodgins were lights out in the preseason, both could play inside and Hodgins would've been especially interesting in the slot considering his size. He moves on and contributes to his new team. We keep Sakir on the shelf because... reasons?

Cook is an excellent receiver also and Dorsey/McDermott have made zero attempt to come up with ways to incorporate him into the passing game. Even worse they TRADE for Hines, who's really only replaced McKenzie as a returner and that's it.

Definitely starting to wonder if this is why the Panthers never got over the hump. So close but they can't seem to fully refine this team. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills need to sign someone. They have 4 WRs on the active roster. Everyone else is hurt. I’m guessing this is who Josh wants given how much he trusts him and the time on task they already have and they are trying to make it happen. Same thing probably led to John Brown. OBJ just might not be ready to play. 

Clearly OBJ isn't ready...didn't workout for anyone and Cowboys went in a different direction after being super high on him before the meeting.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hsker4life said:

Or they didn’t want to deal with the headache of having OBJ, or they’re concerned about his knee, or he wanted too much money…

I don’t live in WNY anymore but from what I’ve read on here Bease brings some ‘headache’ issues too. I’ve got imagine OBJ was fools gold at this particular point and nobody bit. The Cowboys were the shocker to me. 

8 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Nice scoop @Niagara Dude. I for one am very excited as Bease always found ways to get open and actually catch the ball!

I believe it went beyond just the drops,  like you said Beasley may not be as fast but always seem to find holes in the defence and is sure handed

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Luka said:

This coaching staff struggles to identify talent and trust talent. Sitting Elam is the stupidest thing this staff has done so far this year. He was literally improving every game, so let's stunt that... yea, brilliant plan. Definitely didn't want to have the possibility of two shut down corners going into games against the Chiefs, Bengals...

Shakir and Hodgins were lights out in the preseason, both could play inside and Hodgins would've been especially interesting in the slot considering his size. He moves on and contributes to his new team. We keep Sakir on the shelf because... reasons?

Cook is an excellent receiver also and Dorsey/McDermott have made zero attempt to come up with ways to incorporate him into the passing game. Even worse they TRADE for Hines, who's really only replaced McKenzie as a returner and that's it.

Definitely starting to wonder if this is why the Panthers never got over the hump. So close but they can't seem to fully refine this team. 

I agree with all of this.  ALL

If we're being honest this is a desperation move. It's not a good sign when your franchise QB is asking for washed up WRs to be added to the roster just so he has someone he can trust to throw the ball to. If Beasley can catch the ball at the 1st down marker and fall down, fine. It's just disappointing that every new player we added on offense has been underwhelming at best and every existing player we expected to step into a bigger role has failed to meet the moment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Interesting move - At a minimum, it'll shake up the WR locker room.  Hope it doesn't create friction, but it obviously sends a message that the team is a meritocracy: you'll only see the field if you play competently.  Go Bills!  And I can quickly forget all the non-football BS

Edited by TheWei44
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

If we're being honest this is a desperation move. It's not a good sign when your franchise QB is asking for washed up WRs to be added to the roster just so he has someone he can trust to throw the ball to. If Beasley can catch the ball at the 1st down marker and fall down, fine. It's just disappointing that every new player we added on offense has been underwhelming at best and every existing player we expected to step into a bigger role has failed to meet the moment.

Tells me Josh has little to no faith in anyone outside of Diggs, which is a scary place to be at this point in the season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, HaldimandBills said:

I hope at this point anything Covid is in the rear-view mirror. It was just another stupid topic that further divided people. 

We need to deal with everything.  Too many bubbles to hide in. I agree... He doesn't need to open his mouth.  But his concerns are real...

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He already did! He took 5 when Stevenson was released. 

Awesome! 

• Like (+1) 1

I love Josh playing GM. McBeane have made it clear offense is not a priority for them. We need Josh to step up and make demands. This can't fly anymore. We can't keep surrounding him with scraps and expect to consistently contend for a SB. 

Brown and Beasley are definitely not the answer, but the best we can do at this point. This off-season they need to properly address the offense and I don't trust them to do it on their own. Go Josh!

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

There are a few people who look pretty silly today with some of the comments made claiming it was fake news.

I can't believe it to be honest with way Beasley acted aka hating on Buffalo fans and him seemingly be a distraction for his Covid stance etc. Yet if he can contribute on the field I don't mind having him back. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.