Rain/snow and the game plan

Italian Bills

5 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Because the weather expected, the game plan should be more conservative than usual. 

We have to eat the clock, mix pass and run all the game long, short and fast throws, lot of screens and play actions, with some deep shot here and there. 

The D will be maybe more crucial than O. 

why would the game plan be any different than any other day?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I love the weather report. Mike White has small girlie hands and Josh Allen has big guerrilla hands. 

Lol… yes, hands size could help. 🖐🏾

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

why would the game plan be any different than any other day?

I mean that with rain or snow mistakes could be more possible, drops, picks or fumbles… slippery conditions usually helps weaker teams. 

Edited by Italian Bills
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

I mean that with rain or snow mistakes could be more possible, drops, picks or fumbles… slippery conditions usually helps weaker teams. 

You know I think I need to apologize I came office kind of condescending what I meant to say is it’s the Jets and there secondary is very good, so why would we not try to establish a run game like we have been doing?

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You know I think I need to apologize I came office kind of condescending what I meant to say is it’s the Jets and there secondary is very good, so why would we not try to establish a run game like we have been doing?

Exactly, i said mix well the pass game with the ground game, well balanced, using short throws to avoid risks, using Knox more in the middle. 

1 hour ago, DJB said:

So we have time to build a dome by Sunday?!?!!?

That’s what I was thinking.  Building a stadium in time for the game Sunday might be a bit much, but building some sort of dome over the current stadium should be possible, no?

if every household donated their Saran Wrap, I bet they could McGyver a dome out of it and keep the elements out

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Italian Bills said:

The weaker team likely will also be affected by the conditions. Both need to take care of the ball period. White is prone to interceptions because he want to get the ball out very fast to avoid sacks but can make poor decisions under pressure. He very much relies on timing and doesn’t create/improvise  when things break down. He’s an Andy Dalton type to me.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The weaker team likely will also be affected by the conditions. Both need to take care of the ball period. White is prone to interceptions because he want to get the ball out very fast to avoid sacks but can make poor decisions under pressure. He very much relies on timing and doesn’t create/improvise  when things break down. He’s an Andy Dalton type to me.

So, based on your thought, it should be the right game to sending more blitz. 

Not saying tons of, but increase our usual times. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Andy Dalton type  Type who will help us get in playoffs.  Got it.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

That’s a myth 

Weather conditions always effect defense more than offense 

ALL The offensive  players know the play call and all the receivers know what they are running 

the defense is literally a step behind and in the same conditions 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Because the weather expected, the game plan should be more conservative than usual. 

We have to eat the clock, mix pass and run all the game long, short and fast throws, lot of screens and play actions, with some deep shot here and there. 

No way 5 WR sets and go deep on every snap 

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

all because of a little snow? Don't you want this regardless of the weather?

On 12/10/2022 at 7:02 AM, Italian Bills said:

So, based on your thought, it should be the right game to sending more blitz. 

Not saying tons of, but increase our usual times. 

i think it should be the opposite.  Blitz less.

Heard on Sirius 88 that rookie-type QBs nowadays are taught to look for blitz and quickly get the ball out.  Basically run a 1 or 2 read offense.  But that the better plan is to "make them play quarterback."  Make the rookie have to read the whole field, decipher actual coverage beyond his hot reads, etc. 

And i think this especially applies for a defense like ours, that can get pressure with 4.  Because against a good savvy QB who moves in the pocket and can "feel" pressure, you need sacks.  But against a rook, who doesnt know how to get to his 3rd or 4th read, that extra second should be enuf time for our rush to actually get home.   IOW, everybody can be a "finisher" against a rookie.  We dont need Von Miller this game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.