49-year-old Terrell Owens wants to play for the 49ers

Greg S

I don’t understand why the xfl or USFl wouldn’t be all over this guy? Those leagues are never going to matter a ton but if I was running them I’d be trying to get guys with names to get some eyes on the league. The rock should be facilitating a way to get TO in there. People would check it out just to see if he can still play. He’d probably carve that league up at 50.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Give him a workout, put him on the PS if he does well. Β Don't see the harm. Β More so to just satisfy my curiosity...hahaha

Β 

Can you settle for video of him doing sit-ups in his driveway?Β 

• Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t understand why the xfl or USFl wouldn’t be all over this guy? Those leagues are never going to matter a ton but if I was running them I’d be trying to get guys with names to get some eyes on the league. The rock should be facilitating a way to get TO in there. People would check it out just to see if he can still play. He’d probably carve that league up at 50.

I think they want to be more focused on the young guys trying to break into the league than the old guys that have fallen out of it.

32 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Give him a workout, put him on the PS if he does well. Β Don't see the harm. Β More so to just satisfy my curiosity...hahaha

Hell, if Brady can do it why not TO?? He has the experience to help a team. Can he still stretch the field? Why can't he be in John Brown's chair? Plus he's a bigger target!! For the playoff run, give him a shot

25 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think they want to be more focused on the young guys trying to break into the league than the old guys that have fallen out of it.

They are going to have plenty of that regardless but if they don’t find a reason for people to watch they will go away again. One way or another you need to get people interested in watching. The 13th guy out on a practice squad trying to fight for a walk on ST role down the road isn’t going to get you there. Names of guys that fell off that the common fan knows, might. TO, Kapernick, Manzel etc

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Hell, if Brady can do it why not TO?? He has the experience to help a team. Can he still stretch the field? Why can't he be in John Brown's chair? Plus he's a bigger target!! For the playoff run, give him a shot

Because Brady is a QB. He just has to stand there and throw a football. He doesn't have to get hit. He doesn't have to run.

12 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Β 

Brady hasn't been very good this year and will NOT take a hit. Any pressure he chucks the ball forward.Β 

Β 

Saints RB stays in bounds OR they don't play prevent defense and he loses to a 4-8 team at home while scoring (maybe) 1 garbage time TD.Β 

Β 

The fact that he is top 5 in passing yards is due 100% to the fact that Tampa cannot and will not run the ball. They have one of the worst offenses in the league in every category. They don't score points. Almost every one of their yards that they do have is passing.Β 

Β 

They are 6-6, and most of that is due to playing in the worst division in football by a mile.Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by TheFunPolice

7 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Β 

Physically he is a freak, so I think that is something he could potentially handle. Β The bigger question is the hand eye reaction time and coordination, especially with how fast Josh Allen throws. Β For example, professional gamers are all young because as you get older they begin to struggle to see the higher frame rates. Β 

Β 

Give him a work out with Josh and see what he can do

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

I'd kick the tires on TO - what's the downside?

The down side is the man hours the staff could be putting to more constructive use…,Β 

41 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The down side is the man hours the staff could be putting to more constructive use…,Β 

Β 

I'm fascinated - so bringing in TO for a workout costs us more time and energy than any of our other practice squad players, or even a guy like Tanner Gentry who hasn't even sniffed a target yet?

Β 

And we should just outright dismiss a guy that can still run a 4.4 who's still in top shape and had a 10K yards HOF career?

Β 

42 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Β 

I'm fascinated - so bringing in TO for a workout costs us more time and energy than any of our other practice squad players, or even a guy like Tanner Gentry who hasn't even sniffed a target yet?

Β 

And we should just outright dismiss a guy that can still run a 4.4 who's still in top shape and had a 10K yards HOF career?

Β 

Yup, exactly.Β 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.