Myles Garrett claims officials told him he wasn't going to get holding calls vs Bucs

Big Turk

That's the way they always call it. The DE really needs to sell it. That's true for all DEs. Once the guy holds you, you basically have to stop in order to get the call. If you're still advancing toward the QB, they're gonna let it go. Not saying it's the right call, but they're pretty consistent in letting it go. It's frustrating sometimes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

I trust his word about as far as I can throw him, and I couldn't even lift that big fudger.

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He does have history for saying things that are not true though....

Remember what Officer George Green told Jim Lahey: "Never cry s***wolf."

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

He also claimed Rudolph called him a racial slur, even though no one else around them heard anything of the sort. I think he’s FOS.

Nah. Mysteriously the audio from that game disappeared. Both the recordings from the field microphones and Garrett’s as he was mic-ed up for the game. NFL protecting the shield. They don’t want it known a QB dropped the N-word. It’d have been easy to disprove Garrett’s claim with those recordings otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Nah. Mysteriously the audio from that game disappeared. Both the recordings from the field microphones and Garrett’s as he was mic-ed up for the game. NFL protecting the shield. They don’t want it known a QB dropped the N-word. It’d have been easy to disprove Garrett’s claim with those recordings otherwise. 

Without checking this to verify, didn’t multiple players on both teams say they didn’t hear anything? I don’t see a conspiracy. If anything the league would want to protect the reputation of one of its beat players, but a throwaway backup quarterback: 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Remember what Officer George Green told Jim Lahey: "Never cry s***wolf."

He's quickly found himself in the eye of the s***icane with those refs.

Fun fact, my friend's bar has his picture and signed "Lahey's burger bucks" 5 dollar bill on the wall from the time he stopped in there for lunch.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Zag20 said:

Without checking this to verify, didn’t multiple players on both teams say they didn’t hear anything? I don’t see a conspiracy. If anything the league would want to protect the reputation of one of its beat players, but a throwaway backup quarterback: 

No. It did not come out immediately so no one else was asked about it. Other than Garrett stating that Rudolph did call him a “stupid n-word” when asked about it in a subsequent interview and Rudolph denying it through his lawyer I don’t think anyone else weighed in. The NFL said they found no evidence of it happening, but they also didn’t share the recordings. 

13 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Easy to disprove? They'd have to release every second of audio which Garrett himself probably doesn't want, the NFL doesn't want everything players say in the public, and even then people would still say "but". 

28 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Easy to disprove? They'd have to release every second of audio which Garrett himself probably doesn't want, the NFL doesn't want everything players say in the public, and even then people would still say "but". 

Releasing audio of every second of the fight that lasted less than a minute? That seems very easy to do and for people to digest. But your point that other things might be on the recording that the NFL wouldn’t want heard by the public is certainly possible.

I’m also not excusing him swinging a helmet at Rudolph’s head. But criticizing him for that and calling him a liar for what he said about Rudolph’s actions are two different things. 

• Agree 1

On 12/2/2022 at 7:58 PM, Orlando Tim said:

Officials probably said he should stop complaining and just fight through them, and before bitching he should speak with Jerry Hughes.

if he wasn't getting the Jerry Hughes treatment before he will be now.

smarter to keep your mouth shut-easier said than done though

Why does anyone care what he says? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.