NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - 2nd half gameday thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Just cut the thing down

It’s obviously useless in helping to make a call correct. 

I have no idea why Ny can’t step in and make an obvious call correct without forcing a coach to challenge. I hate this part of the NFL 

Just now, Maynard said:

100% it was. Not sure what people are seeing that is pups suggest otherwise. 

You can see the drop with our safeties.

The young guys are good there is talent there, but they just lack that veteran recognition. Like Hamlin taking a poor angle on that swing pass - trailing the motion too far giving up the sticks, or taking bad angles on the toss sweeps.

Hyde and Poyer have been so solid, their less flashy contributions diagnosing plays were easy to overlook.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

There was a split second when they were going ot the ground when the WR had both hands off the ball while Tremaine had possesion.

But I doubt they would have turned it over.

Replay clearly shows TE had possession.  This easily gets overturned.

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Show me a screenshot where the jets player didn’t have his hands on the ball also and I’ll agree with you…did not see a moment like that at any point in the replay 

There was definitely an angle that shows Edmonds have the ball secured in his right hand with clear possession. 

3 minutes ago, Flucod said:

We are missing too many starters late in the season, also Groot is now out, can only play with what we have

This game isn't about the defense.  Who cares if they give up 28.  The issue is this offense is a crap shoot whether they are going to outscore the ***** Jets today.

Just now, Pete said:

Edmunds established possession, then TE reached.

against Pitt, Gabe had possession, then Minkah grabbed it.  If Gabe didn't rip it, he still would of caught it, because he had possession first

Pic?  I did not see clear enough evidence of that to overturn at any point in any of the replay angles shown.  Nor did gene steratore.  If it was ruled an int it likely would’ve stood though 

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Show me a screenshot where the jets player didn’t have his hands on the ball also and I’ll agree with you…did not see a moment like that at any point in the replay 

Right here.

Jets player wasn’t even touching the ball right now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Yep exactly.

Like does Spagnulo sit with his thumb on his arse as teams chew up clock?

Nope.

He may get crushed on his aggressiveness at times, but they got Patrick Mahomes to answer in a heart beat if his defence gets beat

Our coaches just don’t seem to understand this pretty basic concept

Exactly and we seem content to let josh sit there and get cold for some reason 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CoudyBills said:

This game isn't about the defense.  Who cares if they give up 28.  The issue is this offense is a crap shoot whether they are going to outscore the ***** Jets today.

This version of the team gets boat raced by Miami, Chiefs, and Eagles.  The offense has to be fixed.