TNF Eagles @ Houston

Steptide

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Seems like there was pressure to hire a black coach.

Also, criticism of black coaches being sacrificial lamb.

I don't care WHOOOO it is, but would like to see someone in that division be good.

Any chance they can lure Sean Peyton with a #1 pick?

Maybe. 

I get the feeling he is more interested in going to a team that is constructed and ready to win, instead of taking on a full rebuild gig 

The reason why I feel the Eagles aren't on the Bills level is because they are a +14 in turnover differential but still struggle to win games at times.

The Bills are a +2. Could you imagine what the Bills point differential would be if they had 10 fewer turnovers?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

The reason why I feel the Eagles aren't on the Bills level is because they are a +14 in turnover differential but still struggle to win games at times.

The Bills are a +2. Could you imagine what the Bills point differential would be if they had 10 fewer turnovers?

I’m still not sold because of their exceptionally soft schedule. And they still struggle at times. They could go 17-0 and I still wouldn’t be shocked to see a one game exit in the playoffs. 

That was a weird ending. 
I would be pretty mad up 12 with less than 2 minutes on 3rd and long they called a qb draw for Allen. Followed by a qb sneak. Just unnecessary hits. Give it to Boston Scott and run the clock and punt it. Put the game away but still pretty risky. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Exactly; they had Culley as a sacrificial one-and-done placeholder 

Do they get to one-and-done a second black coach?

If they think they should go in a different direction, why not?

Wait; don’t answer that…

11 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’m still not sold because of their exceptionally soft schedule. And they still struggle at times. They could go 17-0 and I still wouldn’t be shocked to see a one game exit in the playoffs. 

Cowboys x2, Giants x2, Vikings and Titans. I wouldn’t call their schedule “exceptionally soft”.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

If they think they should go in a different direction, why not?

Wait; don’t answer that…

Cowboys x2, Giants x2, Vikings and Titans. I wouldn’t call their schedule “exceptionally soft”.

SOFT

They already got the Cowboys once, without Dak.  

Giants?  Stop it.  Good story. Not a good team. 

Vikings and Titans, ok, fine. 

So 3 tough games.. Vikings, Titans and Cowboys with Dak. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

That was a weird ending. 
I would be pretty mad up 12 with less than 2 minutes on 3rd and long they called a qb draw for Allen. Followed by a qb sneak. Just unnecessary hits. Give it to Boston Scott and run the clock and punt it. Put the game away but still pretty risky. 

Felt like a decision you made thinking about the win streak, almost over team success. I'm not rooting for a loss If I'm a Philly fan, but I'm also relieved, to just play one at a time.

Look at Judge in the post season. I think he got cold at the wrong time, but that record chasing had to eventually mess with mental and mechanics.

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

SOFT

Literally every team in the league has a soft schedule. Because almost every team in the league sucks. 

The Bills play 6 good teams max. I am being generous considering the Ravens and Bengals good. 

The real luck the eagles have is with injuries. It's absurd how healthy they have remained. Meanwhile the Bills and a lot of other teams have been or are decimated.

4 hours ago, Process said:

Literally every team in the league has a soft schedule. Because almost every team in the league sucks. 

The Bills play 6 good teams max. I am being generous considering the Ravens and Bengals good. 

The real luck the eagles have is with injuries. It's absurd how healthy they have remained. Meanwhile the Bills and a lot of other teams have been or are decimated.

Before the season everyone pointed at what a joke their schedule was, and has played out that way.

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Before the season everyone pointed at what a joke their schedule was, and has played out that way.

Yep the only thing that has changed is the Giants are 6-2 which nobody expected, but as has been said above... they are a good story, and a good coaching job but a seriously undertalented team. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep the only thing that has changed is the Giants are 6-2 which nobody expected, but as has been said above... they are a good story, and a good coaching job but a seriously undertalented team. 

And as has been pointed out the Giants metrics show that their 6-2 record is all smoke and mirrors.  Great story, good for them, but not a good team yet.

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And as has been pointed out the Giants metrics show that their 6-2 record is all smoke and mirrors.  Great story, good for them, but not a good team yet.

Think that's basically what I said....

6 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I have said I think it is more likely Philly go 17-0 than they win a Superbowl. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Think that's basically what I said....

I have said I think it is more likely Philly go 17-0 than they win a Superbowl. 

Because the Bills will beat them in the SB?  

I think they will stumble prior, but as a Bills fan there is no way I can call them the best team in the NFL.

Overall reflections:

- There is some good with the Texans. This is certainly not a team that has quit, but I think Davis Mills has gone backwards. As soon as the Texans are at all behind the chains and Pierce is taken out of the game it feels like you know the drive is dead;

- I think their 2022 draft will prove pretty solid in terms of young pieces to help turn it around. I think Kenyon Green looks good as a run blocker up front (some work still needed in pass pro), Pierce is an obvious win and Stingley and Pitre have had their moments in the secondary too. They just need a Quarterback;

- The Eagles have their Quarterback. I still went into this season thinking Jalen Hurts had something to prove before he could be crowned as the guy in Philly (and I say that as someone who was higher than the consensus on him coming out). But the wondering is over. He isn't a top 5 Quarterback yet, but he is still improving as a passer year on year and is bordering on the top 10 at this point;

- AJ Brown and Miles Sanders are two guys I have always loved. The Eagles are my irrational hatred team but I find it really difficult to root against these two guys. Brown is now an elite NFL receiver and Sanders is one of the most dynamic backs around;

- My questions on Philly remains their ability to play from behind. I just don't know where we are going to see that tested on the remainder of their schedule. I know the Jags had them down early in that matchup but the Jags are the Jags... if this team makes the playoffs and is suddenly down 14 to a San Francisco for example.... how will they respond?

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Because the Bills will beat them in the SB?  

I think they will stumble prior, but as a Bills fan there is no way I can call them the best team in the NFL.

I think they will lose in the playoffs. Probably before the Superbowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Eagles are a good, not great team.

6 minutes ago, Baba Booey said:

When healthy, the 9ers roll the Iggles!!

Have played one team all year, Vikes. And I’ll bet they don’t want to face them again. 

Not even Vikes fans think they are any good.

Doubt if still undefeated they beat Dallas on the road if Dallas is healthy. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Overall reflections:

- There is some good with the Texans. This is certainly not a team that has quit, but I think Davis Mills has gone backwards. As soon as the Texans are at all behind the chains and Pierce is taken out of the game it feels like you know the drive is dead;

- I think their 2022 draft will prove pretty solid in terms of young pieces to help turn it around. I think Kenyon Green looks good as a run blocker up front (some work still needed in pass pro), Pierce is an obvious win and Stingley and Pitre have had their moments in the secondary too. They just need a Quarterback;

- The Eagles have their Quarterback. I still went into this season thinking Jalen Hurts had something to prove before he could be crowned as the guy in Philly (and I say that as someone who was higher than the consensus on him coming out). But the wondering is over. He isn't a top 5 Quarterback yet, but he is still improving as a passer year on year and is bordering on the top 10 at this point;

- AJ Brown and Miles Sanders are two guys I have always loved. The Eagles are my irrational hatred team but I find it really difficult to root against these two guys. Brown is now an elite NFL receiver and Sanders is one of the most dynamic backs around;

- My questions on Philly remains their ability to play from behind. I just don't know where we are going to see that tested on the remainder of their schedule. I know the Jags had them down early in that matchup but the Jags are the Jags... if this team makes the playoffs and is suddenly down 14 to a San Francisco for example.... how will they respond?

Not very generous, calling Hurts borderline top 10.  I mean, who’s definitely better right now, besides Allen and Mahomes (and maybe Burrow)?

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

SOFT

Giants are playing some dang good football! Imagine how good they would be with a a good QB.

Cowboys are always and I mean always paper tigers

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Not very generous, calling Hurts borderline top 10.  I mean, who’s definitely better right now, besides Allen and Mahomes (and maybe Burrow)?

Fair challenge in the sense of who is playing better right now... I think you could throw Tua and Geno into that mix as well... but I am not calling either of those a top 10 Quarterback either. But I think looking at skillset and record of production I already have Hurts in that top 10 conversation. He is playing better than at least 25 other starting Quarterbacks through 8 weeks, but I was meaning more in terms of a zoom out look at the NFL QB landscape. When I do that I think he is borderline top 10 but certainly can climb higher. I don't think we are at Hurts's ceiling yet. 

Eagles may be 8-0 but they have had only one quality win (Minnesota). Even their win over Dallas was when Dak was hurt. I am not saying they aren't good because they are, but I would like to see them play a team that isn't a cupcake. Not their fault as they can only play who is on their schedule.

25 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Cowboys and Niners may be the only teams in the NFC that can stop them.

Yep. They are a shoe-in for the 1 seed so you need a team who can go into Philly and beat them on their home field. I think that has to be a team with a top defense and who can run the ball and control the game. The two names on my card are exactly the two you mentioned. 

• Like (+1) 1

Don’t know what to make of the Eagles would probably be a 5 seed in the AFC..behind Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, and on par with the Titans and Dolphins.

Yet they literally have one of the easiest schedules I’ve ever seen and are pretty much a lock for a 1 seed. I think they get tripped up in playoffs against the 49ers. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Don’t know what to make of the Eagles would probably be a 5 seed in the AFC..behind Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, and on par with the Titans and Dolphins.

Yet they literally have one of the easiest schedules I’ve ever seen and are pretty much a lock for a 1 seed. I think they get tripped up in playoffs against the 49ers. 

I want to see Hurtz have to lead a "Must Have" drive late in a low scoring playoff game, in less than ideal conditions against a tough Defense. 

He's been good but that's the test.

I agree. I think Niners can be the team to trip them up, assuming Garrapolo just manages the game.

The Eagles are a Tier 2 team (very good), playing against a tremendously easy schedule.

I've watched them each of the last two weeks, and I just can't justify ranking them above the Bills and Chiefs.

They did beat the Vikings soundly, so it's not totally fair to say they haven't played anybody good.  But the majority of their games have been against bottom-feeders, who really pose no legitimate threat.  Detroit, Washington, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Houston.  These are the types of teams you can have an off-day and play poorly against, and still walk away with a win.  Their victory against Dallas had Cooper Rush at QB, so I don't consider that quite as impressive either.

At the end of the day, you can only beat the teams on your schedule.  It doesn't come so easy in the playoffs.  Despite records, I think they will have trouble against a team like San Francisco and Dallas (with Dak Prescott playing).  Minnesota might not be so easy the second time around.  And I still think the LA Rams and Tampa Bay will have somewhat of a late-season resurgence.  

I still think the Eagles will drop 2-3 by the end of the season.  Good chance they still land the #1 seed, but making the Super Bowl won't be a guarantee.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Eagles certainly look good. I'm just not completely sold on them. I think they are last year's version on the Tenn Titans. 

• Simon unpinned this topic
17 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Our guy 55 losing containment

Really only happened once. After no more success against Jerry, they ran at Green on the other side.  Green did not play well.  Jerry played a heck of a game.  He took the left tackle to school and made it look easy.  I'm glad he is still playing well, even on a terrible team.  The Eagles do not look to be the unbeatable team that the media portrays them to be.  Their weak schedule has made their undefeated record possible.  A healthy 49er's team will roll them, if they get that far in the playoffs.

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Overall reflections:

If you lived among Eagles fans your hatred would be entirely rational 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.