STEFON DIGGS (his best season yet)

Buffalo Ballin

Stefon Diggs is having an explosive start.

49 catches, 656 yards, 6 touchdowns. According to fantasy numbers, Stefon Diggs is the number one wide receiver. We currently have the number one fantasy QB and number one wide receiver. This is a FIRST in Buffalo Bills franchise. What a special time to witness a special season.

Props and salute to Diggs.

Diggs is on pace to crack 100+ catches, 1000+ yards, and 10 touchdowns. As long as he stays healthy, Diggs would become 1st ever Bills receiver to get 100+ catches and 1000+ yards in 3 consecutive seasons. That would also place Diggs in a rare class of WR in NFL history and secure his Hall of Fame position.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

HIs pace this year should put him over 9k career yards and 60 TD already at a young 29 years old with plenty left in the tank. He plays the type of game that should allow him to last pretty long too, he hardly gets touched on some catches. He's been on a run these past few years and could statistically end up in some pretty rare air. Add a ring or three and Diggs could have an incredible career.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

We currently have the number one fantasy QB and number one wide receiver. This is a FIRST in Buffalo Bills franchise. What a special time to witness a special season.

...and yet people say "run the ball!"

LOL

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

On pace for 

138 catches 

1858 yards 

17 TDs

I was just about to post this.

Diggs IS that dude. I also believe that you can see the extra muscle put on this offseason showing up in his game as well. He's fighting for extra yardage a bit more. He also looks to have gotten just a tick faster. Doesn't seem to be coming out of the game as often as previous years. He just seems to be in better overall condition. Love that guy. Love this entire group of guys we have. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Diggs IS that dude. I also believe that you can see the extra muscle put on this offseason showing up in his game as well. He's fighting for extra yardage a bit more. He also looks to have gotten just a tick faster. Doesn't seem to be coming out of the game as often as previous years. He just seems to be in better overall condition. Love that guy. Love this entire group of guys we have. 

That's what great players do...they look at ANY area of their game that could use improvement and they attack it.  In Diggs case it was getting off press coverage better with guys that get handsy. The extra muscle and strength help him do that while not sacrificing anything else.

10 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

49 catches, 656 yards, 6 touchdowns. According to fantasy numbers, Stefon Diggs is the number one wide receiver. We currently have the number one fantasy QB and number one wide receiver. This is a FIRST in Buffalo Bills franchise. What a special time to witness a special season.

Diggs is on pace to crack 100+ catches, 1000+ yards, and 10 touchdowns. As long as he stays healthy, Diggs would become 1st ever Bills receiver to get 100+ catches and 1000+ yards in 3 consecutive seasons. That would also place Diggs in a rare class of WR in NFL history and secure his Hall of Fame position.

In one league I drafted Diggs then Allen and in 1st place. 

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love how Dorsey is moving him all around the field. 

Daboll had Diggs on the outside what seemed like every play and now he's getting inside looks and better matchups.

A few throws last week really highlighted the chemistry between him and Josh, where Diggs wasn'tout of his break andthe ball was out already. Diggs is an absolute machine and was the perfect marriage for Allen as WR1 and he's currently playing as WR1 of the NFL.

Would love to see him get the OPOY and Josh get MVP on route to a Bills SB

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/19/2022 at 11:46 PM, Buffalo Ballin said:

Seems like a good place to link this in

Good watch for the bye week

My summary: Dorsey is using Diggs on short "gift" routes or on the option routes Beasley used to run, putting him in the slot about 1/3 of the time.  Diggs deep targets are down, but his YAC are way up.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

Averaging 109.33 yards and one TD per game over the first six. He's so good that sometimes you don't realize how good a game he's having, until you look at the stats. He makes it look so easy and it just seems so routine now. Special, special player. And the Allen/Diggs connection already feels like one of the great QB/WR duos (though they need a lot more time together to truly match a Montana/Rice, Keely/Reed, Manning/Harrison, etc, of course.).

We suffered a long time for this type of star-studded roster. Enjoy it my brethren!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/20/2022 at 12:46 AM, Buffalo Ballin said:

He's having another great season, but the bolded portion isn't going to get him into the HOF.  

Diggs brings a lot more to the team than just an uncanny ability to get open and then to avoid injury causing hits.He brings a swagger that tells the rest of the team,we have the weapons to bury the opposition. His hands are the best I have witnessed  on a Bills receiver in the 50 years I’m watching. He is an outspoken booster of Josh and the Bills team. Credit our turnaround to Diggs acquisition as much anything else. I think Josh is the best QB in the NFL, but it took Stephan to give him the security of knowing this incredible,trusted target could always be counted on.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's having another great season, but the bolded portion isn't going to get him into the HOF.  

I was curious so I looked up the players with 3 consectutive 100 rec and 1,000 yard seasons. It's a pretty short list of only 9 players but there are a couple likely non HOFers. Brandon Marshall and Herman Moore. And the way his career is going, Michael Thomas. The other 6 all look like HOFers/future HOFers.

Antonio Brown (did it a record 6 times)

Harrison (did it 4 times, 6 receptions shy of a 5 year streak))

Rice (2 receptions shy of having done it 4 consecutive seasons)

Fitzgerald (surprisingly did it late in his career at the ages of 32,33, 34. was 17 receptions shy over a 3 year span of having done it 4 consecutive seasons early in his career)

Hopkins ( 4 receptions shy of having done it 4 consecutive seasons)

Wes Welker

Four consecutive seasons looks like the magic number for HOF status. You have two that have done it and 3 more that were very close to hitting that 4 year streak. Of course now we have an extra game so we will have to see how that changes things.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/20/2022 at 1:48 AM, John from Riverside said:

What I like about diggs is he plays it smart he doesn’t fight for an extra yard whenever he has a first down he doesn’t take the contact which is going to lengthen his career

On 10/20/2022 at 9:52 AM, H2o said:

Unsure both of these things can be true

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I was curious so I looked up the players with 3 consectutive 100 rec and 1,000 yard seasons. It's a pretty short list of only 9 players but there are a couple likely non HOFers. Brandon Marshall and Herman Moore. And the way his career is going, Michael Thomas. The other 6 all look like HOFers/future HOFers.

Antonio Brown (did it a record 6 times)

Harrison (did it 4 times, 6 receptions shy of a 5 year streak))

Rice (2 receptions shy of having done it 4 consecutive seasons)

Fitzgerald (surprisingly did it late in his career at the ages of 32,33, 34. was 17 receptions shy over a 3 year span of having done it 4 consecutive seasons early in his career)

Hopkins ( 4 receptions shy of having done it 4 consecutive seasons)

Wes Welker

Four consecutive seasons looks like the magic number for HOF status. You have two that have done it and 3 more that were very close to hitting that 4 year streak. Of course now we have an extra game so we will have to see how that changes things.

Brown (even without the crazy stuff) might not get in--even with that stat.  Neither will Welker.  Hopkins is miles away. 

Unfortunately for WR these days it's all about the receiving yards---and the bar gets higher every year.  The 17 game season will make it even harder. 

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I only bolded that to show that we never had that before in our franchise; number one fantasy QB and number one fantasy WR.

The hall of fame part is the 3 consecutive seasons of 100+ catches, 1000+ yards. Only a rare select class of receivers accomplish that feat; rare air. That should secure his spot. If that doesn't then a Super Bowl ring should do the trick. He doesn't even have to get Super Bowl MVP either.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

3 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

I only bolded that to show that we never had that before in our franchise; number one fantasy QB and number one fantasy WR.

The hall of fame part is the 3 consecutive seasons of 100+ catches, 1000+ yards. Only a rare select class of receivers accomplish that feat; rare air. That should secure his spot. If that doesn't then a Super Bowl ring should do the trick. He doesn't even have to get Super Bowl MVP either.

See Sammy Watkin's Rib post above--there are several guy who have already achieved that and they are unlikely to get in.  It's not the key into the Hall for WRs.  

I have full confidence that Stefon Diggs will make Hall of Fame. He been getting huge numbers before he arrived in Buffalo. The 3 consecutive seasons of 100+ catches, 1000+ yards makes Stefon's case for Hall of Fame extremely high.

As long as Josh Allen and Stefon can stay healthy. I have to say tons of hail mary's in church for this.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Brown (even without the crazy stuff) might not get in--even with that stat.  Neither will Welker.  Hopkins is miles away. 

Unfortunately for WR these days it's all about the receiving yards---and the bar gets higher every year.  The 17 game season will make it even harder. 

Disagree. I see all three getting in. The thing about WR's is they don't get in right away. They generally have to wait a while. If Brown doesn't get it in would only be due to his antics. First team all pro for four consecutive seasons.  And for Brown you can actually go much further, six consecutive 1,200+ yard seasons.

Sammy Sosa will make the Hall of Fame before Antonio Brown does, which means never. AB had it. He deserved it years ago. But there's no way he's getting in at this point. And he's still a ticking timebomb, he can somehow still ruin his legacy even more.

It seems foolish to get this far ahead but Diggs is absolutely on the warrior's path. 1500 yard seasons are nothing to sneeze at, let alone potentially many of them. Hopefully the ABs of the world are looking up at him in Canton when all is said and done.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Disagree. I see all three getting in. The thing about WR's is they don't get in right away. They generally have to wait a while. If Brown doesn't get it in would only be due to his antics. First team all pro for four consecutive seasons.  And for Brown you can actually go much further, six consecutive 1,200+ yard seasons.

Right now Brown is the one with HOF credentials.  Is Welker getting in?  He had under 10,000 yards career. 

• 2 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.