STEFON DIGGS (his best season yet)

Buffalo Ballin

1 hour ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Congrats to Stefon Diggs to become the first and only receiver in Buffalo Bills history to get 100+ catches and 1000+ yards in 3 consecutive seasons. Well done.

It’s a nice , very competent accomplishment.  But the bar or goalposts have changed.  It’s a league geared now for the offense and really geared to passing with even an additional game.  He is a great team player so far ( but if our OC keeps allowing him to be taken out of games , Like  today with 0: receptions in the first half against arguably the worst roster in the league , while ending up with two targets and two receptions, a  crazy concept as we never shut down other teams great receivers like Kelce , Jefferson, Waddell, Hill to that extent ) , yet he is having discussions with the head coach on the sidelines during the game and he is visibly showing frustration while running routes during the first half of at least two games , something is either wrong or it’s being done purposely prior to the playoffs to avoid showing the oC’s plans for him come playoff time so this Buffalo “ first” may not Be so special as time goes forward.  Maybe it’s Dorsey playing “ chess” regarding his playoff hand , but Diggs complaining and his lack of targets sure seems real at the moment. 

Zero targets for a half against possibly the worst pass defense unit in the nfl seems pretty odd and several analysts commented on it as well.  It’s even more odd when you are behind 6-7; to a  3-11 team at the half with home field and the  division title on the line!   You can say we are 12-3 all you want but thats like getting your knowledge of The art of war” from reading the cliff notes version ,: that’s a shallow dive into a deep pool of knowledge and then acting like you are now a scholar in warfare!   Go into battle with Cincy  or Kc with your cliff notes Offense and you are probably headed to an early , disappointing exit. Just paying attention to only the  final 35-13 score is the same analogy; you missed a lot and. I guess a couple of garbage tds at the end means the o is really clicking !

Hey, I hope all is well and we trounce the Bengals and pats because if we can’t win home field now, we spent a lot and have waited for 5 years with Mcd and endured things like hail Murray, 13:seconds, losing to  Jax  and Houston in the playoffs and learned nothing from those experiences. That’s just not my opinion, check opinions from content creators  and guys like thurm and tasker.   

Happy for Diggs , but he is here for a bigger reason and his latest show of frustration is either a real issue or he is on course for an Oscar rather than a Lombardi !  Hoping Dorsey is playing chess against checker players!   The cincy game and playoff time will fill us in on the truth.  Not really interested about individual records;  it’s about the super bowl now and Mcd and Beane have said so. 😀

2 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Congrats to Stefon Diggs to become the first and only receiver in Buffalo Bills history to get 100+ catches and 1000+ yards in 3 consecutive seasons. Well done.

That's awesome! Dude has been a stud. Never misses a game either. We gotta get him more targets though. Last 3 games only 16 targets. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

It’s a nice , very competent accomplishment.  But the bar or goalposts have changed.  It’s a league geared now for the offense and really geared to passing with even an additional game.  He is a great team player so far ( but if our OC keeps allowing him to be taken out of games , Like  today with 0: receptions in the first half against arguably the worst roster in the league , while ending up with two targets and two receptions, a  crazy concept as we never shut down other teams great receivers like Kelce , Jefferson, Waddell, Hill to that extent ) , yet he is having discussions with the head coach on the sidelines during the game and he is visibly showing frustration while running routes during the first half of at least two games , something is either wrong or it’s being done purposely prior to the playoffs to avoid showing the oC’s plans for him come playoff time so this Buffalo “ first” may not Be so special as time goes forward.  Maybe it’s Dorsey playing “ chess” regarding his playoff hand , but Diggs complaining and his lack of targets sure seems real at the moment. 

Zero targets for a half against possibly the worst pass defense unit in the nfl seems pretty odd and several analysts commented on it as well.  It’s even more odd when you are behind 6-7; to a  3-11 team at the half with home field and the  division title on the line!   You can say we are 12-3 all you want but thats like getting your knowledge of The art of war” from reading the cliff notes version ,: that’s a shallow dive into a deep pool of knowledge and then acting like you are now a scholar in warfare!   Go into battle with Cincy  or Kc with your cliff notes Offense and you are probably headed to an early , disappointing exit. Just paying attention to only the  final 35-13 score is the same analogy; you missed a lot and. I guess a couple of garbage tds at the end means the o is really clicking !

Hey, I hope all is well and we trounce the Bengals and pats because if we can’t win home field now, we spent a lot and have waited for 5 years with Mcd and endured things like hail Murray, 13:seconds, losing to  Jax  and Houston in the playoffs and learned nothing from those experiences. That’s just not my opinion, check opinions from content creators  and guys like thurm and tasker.   

Happy for Diggs , but he is here for a bigger reason and his latest show of frustration is either a real issue or he is on course for an Oscar rather than a Lombardi !  Hoping Dorsey is playing chess against checker players!   The cincy game and playoff time will fill us in on the truth.  Not really interested about individual records;  it’s about the super bowl now and Mcd and Beane have said so. 😀

Or maybe the offense is learning to spread the ball around and not be so Diggs and Allen centric. I love what the offense has done the last 2 weeks. Same thing happened in the playoffs last year. He only averaged 3 catches on 5 targets for 33 yards 0 tds per game in the playoffs last year and we  averaged 42 points per game. This offense is at its best when it doesn't rely on any one single player too much.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen and Diggs have transformed this team. Without them we're fighting for a wild card. Remember being "In The Hunt" every year only to be denied?

The lack of targets recently are concerning. But I see it as Diggs being the only "elite" talent on offense. The last few weeks of struggle for the offense are hopefully paying dividends now getting the running game going, and getting Knox, Cook, Singletary and Davis bigger roles.

Not drafting another elite receiver the last 3 years is a mistake IMO, and is something that will need to be addressed next year. Hopefully not relying so heavily on Diggs now  will actually open up more opportunities for him in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Still a first for a Bills WR in team history and a great accomplishment regardless of where you think the goalposts currently reside. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No matter what has changed in the league and the recent dwindling production this is a awesome achievement. He can ball and take over if given the opportunity.

My homerism is telling me we switched gears to have a more versatile attack and make defenses prepare for more then just him- 

If that indeed is true I would say Monday is time to start tuning up for the post season 

I want the 1 seed for sure but I don't want to go into the playoffs this year with Diggs and Allen not at their best 

Let's Roll into Cincinnati with the Prime Time Allen to Diggs connection 

17+14=6

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/20/2022 at 12:46 AM, Buffalo Ballin said:

Stefon Diggs is having an explosive start.

49 catches, 656 yards, 6 touchdowns. According to fantasy numbers, Stefon Diggs is the number one wide receiver. We currently have the number one fantasy QB and number one wide receiver. This is a FIRST in Buffalo Bills franchise. What a special time to witness a special season.

Props and salute to Diggs.

Diggs is on pace to crack 100+ catches, 1000+ yards, and 10 touchdowns. As long as he stays healthy, Diggs would become 1st ever Bills receiver to get 100+ catches and 1000+ yards in 3 consecutive seasons. That would also place Diggs in a rare class of WR in NFL history and secure his Hall of Fame position.

But it's all a fantasy !

4 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I’ll admit that it is pretty strange how he has been shut down the past few games (2,5, and 3 receptions.) I don’t think it’s some conspiracy. It’s just a slump and it happens. Allen hasn’t been playing well either. Hate to say it, but he needs to force it sometimes. Diggs is very good at contested catches. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have said it several times and every passing moment makes it more obvious to me. Diggs is the best WR the Bills have ever had and I’m fully aware of who else we have had….I understand we have had other great WRs and some are in the Hall of fame. Diggs is the best WR the Bills have ever had

He is definitely up there but golden wheels and andre would have a chat … Moulds would give his 2¢

Diggs needs to play five more years in a bills uniform to supplant himself 

he can be that guy

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.