KC fan here

Tim58

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the congrats.

As @John from Riverside points out, the Bills were missing key players to injuries (two All-Pro DBs) and are playing a lot of rookies (two corners, a wide receiver, and a running back), too. Such is life in the NFL.

Mahomes is awesome. Kelce is a monster. Reid is arguably a HOF candidate. 

KC is a great squad and will likely continue to be for many years.

Since you're here, let's talk a little football.

Is there anything you'd like to see the Chiefs do at the trade deadline? Why isn't Skyy Moore playing more? Do you think Reid starts to play Pacheco more and Edwdards-Helaire less?

Good luck the rest of the way, until we see y'all again in January.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tim58 said:

Just wanted to congratulate you on your win. I have to say even tho KC lost I'm proud of them, even tho they had some injuries and a lot of rooks playing they still took the best team in the league down to the wire.

It's going to be fun, although a little nerve racking, watching the two best QBs in the NFL fight it out for years to come.  

You should be, and I'm sure we'll meet again.  

If/When we do, y'all hopefully have McDuffie, Gay and Fenton back.  We'll have Tre White.  

Just wanted to congratulate you on your win. I have to say even tho KC lost I'm proud of them, even tho they had some injuries and a lot of rooks playing they still took the best team in the league down to the wire.

It's going to be fun, although a little nerve racking, watching the two best QBs in the NFL fight it out for years to come.  

I too am excited to watch the two best QB’s in the NFL fight it out for years to come, starting this year as the Bills take down the Eagles in the SB 😝 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tim58 said:

Hate and love playing the Chiefs, the games are always awesome, and they always shave years off my life.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tim58 said:

It was a hard fought game, but as a Chiefs fan is it concerning to see the Bills and Allen walk into Arrowhead 3 times in a row and be a 13 seconds and a miracle of miracles away from being 3-0 with Allen arguably outplaying Mahomes in all 3 games? A case can be made the playoff game was a push but the other 2 went to Allen.

I know many will still tout the playoff game as the Bills still needing to prove it in the playoffs, but it kinda feels like the Bills are just taking the title of AFC best/NFL best team from KC right now...

By all means tho this is going to be a matchup we see a lot during the next decade and as Bart Scott once said:  "Can't Wait!"

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tim58 said:

you are all horrible people.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345662&page=3

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tim58 said:

We have a Brady vs Manning thing going on here with Mahomes and Allen. These teams definitely play some exciting games against one another. I just hope the next time its KC at BUF and not BUF at KC for what seems like the 100th straight time :)

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Tim58 said:

Very classy.

We are so lucky as fans of these two teams to have the QBs we have. Not only are they great QBs, they are wonderful human beings . . . and good friends who respect each other.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the congrats.

As @John from Riverside points out, the Bills were missing key players to injuries (two All-Pro DBs) and are playing a lot of rookies (two corners, a wide receiver, and a running back), too. Such is life in the NFL.

Mahomes is awesome. Kelce is a monster. Reid is arguably a HOF candidate. 

KC is a great squad and will likely continue to be for many years.

Since you're here, let's talk a little football.

Is there anything you'd like to see the Chiefs do at the trade deadline? Why isn't Skyy Moore playing more? Do you think Reid starts to play Pacheco more and Edwdards-Helaire less?

Good luck the rest of the way, until we see y'all again in January.

I would like them to maybe get another edge or a RT. Niang is a OK, but can't stay healthy. At edge Karlaftis is showing flashes but is a rookie. The same with Skyy Moore. They say  it takes a WR a year to fully grasp Andy's playbook, so I think we'll be seeing more of him as the season progresses.

As far as Pacheco goes, Helaire is like Niang, he can't seem to stay healthy. But until that happens I think it'll be about the same as it is now.

• Like (+1) 6

20 minutes ago, Tim58 said:

Thank you!  Classy post!

Just a little note that the Bills are missing one of their two top safeties for the season (Micah Hyde), our all-pro CB Tre White is still on PUP after an ACL last November, and we were platooning two rookies at CB - one of whom played 40% of the snaps with a splint on his broken hand.   Oh, also platooning a rookie WR in the slot as the vet we had rotating in broke his leg.  Rookie has made some Dawg plays tho

Injuries forcing rookies to step up, happen on most every team.

Mahomes looking good, just needs to get a bit more comfortable with MVS and "tik-tok boy".  Run game looking tough.  I like the look of your rookie Pacheco.  I think he'll be a problem.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, teef said:

It's hard to have any conversation with Chief fans on that board that doesn't devolve into some version of:

"Mahomes is the greatest QB and if you don't think so you are an idiot"

"Chiefs will just win when it counts, this game didn't matter"

"Bills just won their superbowl, congrats"

"Chiefs D will be way better when Gay, Fenton(who they were begging to be benched all season, but now somehow is a huge benefit when he returns and a reason they lost) and some other dude returns and if this is all the Bills can do with a bunch of rookies playing then we are golden"

This is a classy Chiefs fan, but I love how when reading Chiefsplanet, many of them said “Bills weren’t impressive at all. We missed at least three in the red zone when Pat threw that INT, missed a FG, had a BS pass interference on Kelce, two rookies playing corner, didn’t have our fastest LB Willie Gay, and after all that it took the Bills best effort just to win by four. We’ll smoke them the next time we see them.”

So essentially what they’re asking, is for all their mistakes to be erased, all their starters back, and for the Bills to have the same type of game with their injuries, miscues, and mistakes and they’d beat us in that scenario. No ****. Works both ways, we could list all the times the Bills shot themselves in the foot and prevented the game from being a double digit win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Big Turk said:

It's hard to have any conversation with Chief fans on that board that doesn't devolve into some version of:

"Mahomes is the greatest QB and if you don't think so you are an idiot"

"Chiefs will just win when it counts, this game didn't matter"

"Bills just won their superbowl, congrats"

"Chiefs D will be way better when Gay, Fenton(who they were begging to be benched all season, but now somehow is a huge benefit when he returns and a reason they lost) and some other dude returns and if this is all the Bills can do with a bunch of rookies playing then we are golden"

terrible, terrible people.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Tim58 said:

As others pointed out, we were missing some key players too in our secondary who are amongst the best at their positions.  So in terms of missing players, I think it is pretty much a wash.  

That being said, these are clearly the 2 best teams in football IMHO.  I think both would beat the Eagles or any other NFC team in a Super Bowl.  

I will also add, this is my favorite Bills rivalry of all time already.  Here are my reasons:

1. Allen vs Mahomes - Why not state the obvious here.  These are the two best QB's in the league.  I am certain KC fans feel Mahomes is the best and Bills fans feel Allen is the best.  And rightfully so, hard to say either side is wrong in that opinion.  I think Allen is simply because everything on the field Mahomes does, Allen can also do...but there are a couple physical things Allen can do that even Mahomes cant.  They are 1A and 1B though, the margin of difference in negligible and I can't fault anyone wrong for making a case for either guy.
  2. No ill will towards the Chiefs - When the two stud QB's are so respectful and likeable combined with being friends off the field, it already sets a friendly competitive tone instead of a bitter rival such as is there with a divisional rivalry.  Plus, our coaches are connected and friends too.  And the games are relatively clean and just great football instead of dirty with lots of fights and shenanigans.  
    1. NOTE:  This is certainly helped by that POS Hill not being there.  Honestly can't stand that woman beater.  Now he is on a divisional rival so I can hate him even more. 
    2. I will admit, something about Kelce kind of rubs me the wrong way, but its not on the same level as Hill.  

Respect to you and the Chiefs, this is going to be a great rivalry for years to come.  But it's ALSO time for the Chiefs to play a game in Buffalo.  This going to KC 3 years straight in the regular season is dumb (we go there next year too).  This game this year should have been in Buffalo, Bills fans and Bills mafia deserve one of these epic games in Buffalo too.  But hopefully our win this past week is the catalyst and gets us the playoff game in Buffalo.

:beer:

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Tim58 said:

It will be interesting seeing the difference Fenton and McDuffie would make. 

The Bills also are set to get Tre White back. 

19 minutes ago, Tim58 said:

I’ll say this, you seem to be more level headed and classier than the rest of the Chiefs fans that I’ve come across. Maybe that’s because just like the Pats for so long, with Mahomes and the Chiefs doing so well, they get a ton of bandwagon fans that were never fans before. Just like those Pats fans back in the day, I find most Chiefs fans are incredibly terrible human beings. 

you don’t seem like that so thank you. I’m guessing you’re a long time Chiefs fan. Not one of these idiots that all the sudden started to say they are your team. 

much appreciate the props from you. It appears both teams were beat up a little bit. Of course both of us will say we were beat up more than you were. It’s arguable either way. I won’t really get into it. 

because I hate the Chiefs (used to like them before Mahomes), hate Mahomes, hate Kelce, hate Reid. I hope we don’t see you again this year. But if we do, I hope you guys have to come to Buffalo. Would really like to see Mahomes out of his environment in a playoff game.  

2 minutes ago, Tim58 said:

Thanks for all of your kind words(except for that one guy. There's one n every crowd.

I really think this is your year.

10 minutes ago, Peter said:

Very classy.

We are so lucky as fans of these two teams to have the QBs we have. Not only are they great QBs, they are wonderful human beings . . . and good friends who respect each other.

I am most happy that Mahomes has been able to keep his brother and wife quiet this year. he is less dislikable when they are out of the picture. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Thank you!  Classy post!

Just a little note that the Bills are missing one of their two top safeties for the season (Micah Hyde), our all-pro CB Tre White is still on PUP after an ACL last November, and we were platooning two rookies at CB - one of whom played 40% of the snaps with a splint on his broken hand.   Oh, also platooning a rookie WR in the slot as the vet we had rotating in broke his leg.  Rookie has made some Dawg plays tho

Injuries forcing rookies to step up, happen on most every team.

Mahomes looking good, just needs to get a bit more comfortable with MVS and "tik-tok boy".  Run game looking tough.  I like the look of your rookie Pacheco.  I think he'll be a problem.

It looks like both teams injuries pretty much evened things out.

Allen is one of my favorite QBs. He seem like a good kid.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

This is a classy Chiefs fan, but I love how when reading Chiefsplanet, many of them said “Bills weren’t impressive at all. We missed at least three in the red zone when Pat threw that INT, missed a FG, had a BS pass interference on Kelce, two rookies playing corner, didn’t have our fastest LB Willie Gay, and after all that it took the Bills best effort just to win by four. We’ll smoke them the next time we see them.”

So essentially what they’re asking, is for all their mistakes to be erased, all their starters back, and for the Bills to have the same type of game with their injuries, miscues, and mistakes and they’d beat us in that scenario. No ****. Works both ways, we could list all the times the Bills shot themselves in the foot and prevented the game from being a double digit win. 

Not to mention the next time the two rookie CB's Ka'iir Elam and Christian Benford will have another 12+ games of experience, we will have All-Pro Tre White back,  and Damar Hamlin will not be starting in only his 3rd NFL game.

It looks like both teams injuries pretty much evened things out.

Allen is one of my favorite QBs. He seem like a good kid.

Yeah, Bills have had an almost unreal gauntlet of injuries this year including being down 12 starters at one point in Miami...ankle injuries left, right and center. Luckily they were as healthy as they have been since the first game of the year against KC.

Edited by Big Turk

5 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I don't go to that board for the reasons you mentioned.

KC fans on the board I go to have nothing but respect for Allen and the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

After the dust up in the 2020 AFCCG I was thinking that Bills/Chiefs was bound to become a rivalry with genuine animosity to it but that hasn’t happened because I think in their souls both Allen and Mahomes are adolescent golden retrievers.  They also happen to be the two best QBs on the planet so yeah we’re in for years of this.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Greg S said:

We have a Brady vs Manning thing going on here with Mahomes and Allen. These teams definitely play some exciting games against one another. I just hope the next time its KC at BUF and not BUF at KC for what seems like the 100th straight time :)

I think it's more of a Aikman vs Young thing TBH. Yet I'm probably older than most here lol 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I love how KC fans say "we had a couple rooks playing DB's and still held our own". SO DID WE!!!!!!  We don't even have arguably, our best defensive player, White , and two 2-3 year players in Hamlin, filling in for Hyde, and Jackson at the other Corner.  Benford and Elam split time at the other corner. who are Rookies. Not to mention Elam intercepted Patty in the end zone! F off all Chiefs fans. Can't wait to get White back and really destroy you and make Patty's 55 QB rating in the 4th quarter even worse!       Nice try NIck!!

Edited by Baba Booey

9 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

After the dust up in the 2020 AFCCG I was thinking that Bills/Chiefs was bound to become a rivalry with genuine animosity to it but that hasn’t happened because I think in their souls both Allen and Mahomes are adolescent golden retrievers.  They also happen to be the two best QBs on the planet so yeah we’re in for years of this.

Tyreek and Feliciano leaving takes some of that edge out of the equation. As does KC and Buffalo basically turning over their secondaries.  Chris Jones is still a flashpoint and that kick/trip will be remembered.  

Allen and Mahomes will be facing off against each other for years for the right to play in the super bowl.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Tim58 said:

Classy gesture. 👍

Welcome. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Tim58 said:

Thank you for contributing to the board.  Please ignore the mouth breathers who generalize about KC fans.  Probably like the chief's board, it is full of negaholics when we lose and for some reason they often post in a similar manner when we win.  Whatever.

23 minutes ago, Tim58 said:

It’s going to be a fun 10+ years of battles.  2 of our TDs were against an outmatched rookie that was only playing due to 2 injuries (McDuffie and Fenton).  Both vs a heavy blitz because rushing 4 wasn’t getting enough pressure.  Your secondary is young and talented.  I expect McDuffie, Sneed, Watson and Williams be a very good core of DBs going forward.  Only one of which will be getting paid within the the next 4 years.  

I recommend doubling Von Miller on every snap, as opposed to 50% of the time

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.