KC fan here

Tim58

1 hour ago, Tim58 said:

Just wanted to congratulate you on your win. I have to say even tho KC lost I'm proud of them, even tho they had some injuries and a lot of rooks playing they still took the best team in the league down to the wire.

It's going to be fun, although a little nerve racking, watching the two best QBs in the NFL fight it out for years to come.  

First I will say Thanks for the congrats and I feel most here along with myself appreciate the respectful post. Now in regards to your statement in bold (and probably has already been said by someone), but Bills also have quite a few injuries and also had 2 rookie CB's....also to add missing their S in Hyde who is arguably the best S in the NFL and not to mention a top 5 or better CB in Tre White.

I'm not sure why many don't seem to acknowledge this when talking about this game. I saw 2 different shows on t.v talking KC-Buff game and one of them says KC had 2 rookies and banged up secondary and likely would have been even closer game than it was if not for that. However, they fail to even acknowledge or purposely just don't bother mentioning Bills also with 2 rookies at CB, missing Tre White (a top CB), and Hyde out for season(a top S). 

So if anything Bills were in worse shape than KC with injuries in the secondary imo...or at least the same.

Edited by Patrick Duffy

44 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

As others pointed out, we were missing some key players too in our secondary who are amongst the best at their positions.  So in terms of missing players, I think it is pretty much a wash.  

That being said, these are clearly the 2 best teams in football IMHO.  I think both would beat the Eagles or any other NFC team in a Super Bowl.  

I will also add, this is my favorite Bills rivalry of all time already.  Here are my reasons:

1. Allen vs Mahomes - Why not state the obvious here.  These are the two best QB's in the league.  I am certain KC fans feel Mahomes is the best and Bills fans feel Allen is the best.  And rightfully so, hard to say either side is wrong in that opinion.  I think Allen is simply because everything on the field Mahomes does, Allen can also do...but there are a couple physical things Allen can do that even Mahomes cant.  They are 1A and 1B though, the margin of difference in negligible and I can't fault any wrong making a case for either guy.
  2. No ill will towards the Chiefs - When the two stud QB's are so respectful and likeable combined with being friends off the field, it already sets a friendly competitive tone instead of a bitter rival such as is there with a divisional rivalry.  Plus, our coaches are connected and friends too.  And the games are relatively clean and just great football instead of dirty with lots of fights and shenanigans.  
    1. NOTE:  This is certainly helped by that POS Hill not being there.  Honestly can't stand that woman beater.  Now he is on a divisional rival so I can hate him even more. 
    2. I will admit, something about Kelce kind of rubs me the wrong way, but its not on the same level as Hill.  

Respect to you and the Chiefs, this is going to be a great rivalry for years to come.  But it's ALSO time for the Chiefs to play a game in Buffalo.  This going to KC 3 years straight in the regular season is dumb (we go there next year too).  This game this year should have been in Buffalo, Bills fans and Bills mafia deserve one of these epic games in Buffalo too.  But hopefully our win this past week is the catalyst and gets us the playoff game in Buffalo.

:beer:

With Allen & Mahomes, it's even more interesting when you throw in the wrinkle that it was the BILLS who graciously traded out of the #10 spot so KC could pick Mahomes, and then took Allen the next year. Tying the two QBS and the two teams together at an even deeper level. Will make for a great intro in the inevitable 30 for 30 about these HoF careers.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Tim58 said:

I don't go to that board for the reasons you mentioned.

KC fans on the board I go to have nothing but respect for Allen and the Bills.

So clue us - some of us like to visit other team fan boards to exchange views in a friendly way but Chiefs  Planet is A Lot.

Where is the decent, respectful KC Fan board?  Is it a secret?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

Thank you for contributing to the board.  Please ignore the mouth breathers who generalize about KC fans.  Probably like the chief's board, it is full of negaholics when we lose and for some reason they often post in a similar manner when we win.  Whatever.

Yep, every board has them.

Although Denver and Vegas seem to have a helluva surplus of them.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So clue us - some of us like to visit other team fan boards to exchange views in a friendly way but Chiefs  Planet is A Lot.

Nope, no secret. it's called Chiefs Coalition.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, teef said:

And not very bright...

"i'll tell ya, it's almost good that we lost
this team always plays better as the underdog"

*Except for the game they just lost as the underdog apparently.

**** that *****. We're basically one-fourth into the season.
Lotta football still left.

*If this was a 24 game season, you would be "basically one fourth into the season"

**In fairness, these are some of the mouth breathing degenerates from Chiefs Planet.  The OP seems like a good person.

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tim58 said:

Just wanted to congratulate you on your win. I have to say even tho KC lost I'm proud of them, even tho they had some injuries and a lot of rooks playing they still took the best team in the league down to the wire.

It's going to be fun, although a little nerve racking, watching the two best QBs in the NFL fight it out for years to come.  

Thanks for dropping by.  These two teams are in a class of their own and its going to be a great matchup for the next decade.  I bet it rivals the Brady/Manning match up.

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

11 minutes ago, Tim58 said:

Nope, no secret. it's called Chiefs Coalition.

https://www.thechiefscoalition.com/login/

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

As others pointed out, we were missing some key players too in our secondary who are amongst the best at their positions.  So in terms of missing players, I think it is pretty much a wash.

Yeah I knew it wouldn't take long at all for this to be pointed out. Thing I can't understand is why many fail to acknowledge this when talking about the game. It's like KC had banged up secondary and Bills are healthy missing nobody. I don't get how you can talking about players being out  in that position and not even mention a player like Tre White and Hyde. 

Anyways, maybe it some just look for any excuse for them and not realizing how silly it sounds?

• Agree 1

I know we take gigantic dumps on each over on The Huddle, but this was a classy post… 

maybe I’ll have to reconsider your presence there… Zero is one of my favorite posters, maybe Chiefs fans aren’t a disease afterall.. 😂

It’s a privilege to watch Allen/ Mahommes…. pure crack for a football fan… 

Edited by B-Large

38 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

With Allen & Mahomes, it's even more interesting when you throw in the wrinkle that it was the BILLS who graciously traded out of the #10 spot so KC could pick Mahomes, and then took Allen the next year. Tying the two QBS and the two teams together at an even deeper level. Will make for a great intro in the inevitable 30 for 30 about these HoF careers.

Yes good add in...and one of those rare trades where both teams love the outcome of it.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tim58 said:

Cheers. Very classy move. KC has a great team. I agree, this is going to be a fun, nerve racking rivalry for years. Best of luck on the rest of the season. Hope to see you at our place for the AFC Championship game. 

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

13 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The Eagles are NOT making it to the SB, I can guarantee that 😅

I guess it's off-topic to this thread, but please say more?  I haven't watched them at all, and all of a sudden pundits hailing them as the best thing since buttered biscuits. 

Edited by Beck Water

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

It's hard to have any conversation with Chief fans on that board that doesn't devolve into some version of:

"Mahomes is the greatest QB and if you don't think so you are an idiot"

"Chiefs will just win when it counts, this game didn't matter"

"Bills just won their superbowl, congrats"

"Chiefs D will be way better when Gay, Fenton(who they were begging to be benched all season, but now somehow is a huge benefit when he returns and a reason they lost) and some other dude returns and if this is all the Bills can do with a bunch of rookies playing then we are golden"

And all that is just Nick Wright’s post. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, teef said:

Thanks for posting that was a hilarious read.  Just when you think Bills fans are delusional. I especially love that the Chiefs left six points on the field and that cost them the game.

Saw some complaints about the reffing too somehow they all missed the trip.....

This looks to be a major rivalry for the next decade. Buffalo and KC are likely to meet just about every year in the regular season. as both teams are likely to win their divisions multiple times in the years ahead.  (as per the league formula for determining the schedule).  The playoffs are less certain, of course.  I need a blowout win by the Bills to help me recover from the tension of the KC game though.

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I think it's more of a Aikman vs Young thing TBH. Yet I'm probably older than most here lol 

Aikman was a good quarterback never great one you can never convince me otherwise.   If he wasn't the Dallas qb it'd be a completely different narrative about him. How about Marino vs Kelly?

Actually Akman's stats pedestrian at best.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikmTr00.htm

Edited by Billsfan1972

3 hours ago, Tim58 said:

Thanks for your post. It's a great rivalry between these two teams and will be fun to watch over the coming years. 

It's even better with such a classy fan base. Every interaction I've had with #ChiefsKingdom has been positive. You're a great bunch. 

Look forward to seeing the Chiefs again in January, hopefully in Buffalo this time

4 hours ago, Tim58 said:

If this gentleman is representative of Chiefs nation, I’m extremely impressed. To come on here and support his very formidable club while giving praise to our team and the best rivalry in football, defines what graciousness comes out of competition. Well done Tim58.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

If this gentleman is representative of Chiefs nation, I’m extremely impressed. To come on here and support his very formidable club while giving praise to our team and the best rivalry in football, defines what graciousness comes out of competition. Well done Tim58.

Agree....after seeing a lot of the kind of stuff at that board I admit I was a bit surprised. 

The Chiefs will never be taken lightly by the Bills or Bills mafia they have a great team & have set the bar very high and are a power every year it is going to be a long rivalry for sure 2 of the best playing each year . I believe one day they will both go down as greats of the game & create many great games we can talk about for years to come ..

Welcome to the board & thanks for the compliment .

Pretty crazy to think we traded away the pick that became Pat Mahomes and somehow walked away with arguably a better haul in Tre White and Josh Allen. It would have been the biggest draft flub in Bills history if the Browns or Jets took Allen before we had a chance. Dynasties are built on the whims of fate.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Pretty crazy to think we traded away the pick that became Pat Mahomes and somehow walked away with arguably a better haul in Tre White and Josh Allen. It would have been the biggest draft flub in Bills history if the Browns or Jets took Allen before we had a chance. Dynasties are built on the whims of fate.

Buffalo deserves some good karma after 50 years of being a downtrodden city 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Buffalo deserves some good karma after 50 years of being a downtrodden city 

No question. Trading away Pat Mahomes and ending up with Sam Darnold is the kind of thing that might have made me quit watching football for a few years. Every now and then I have a panic attack when I remember how close we came to that reality.

But hey the Jets passed on Mahomes AND Allen, and ended up with a QB whose greatest accomplishment is shared by any random pool boy in the Hamptons.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No question. Trading away Pat Mahomes and ending up with Sam Darnold is the kind of thing that might have made me quit watching football for a few years. Every now and then I have a panic attack when I remember how close we came to that reality.

But hey the Jets passed on Mahomes AND Allen, and ended up with a QB whose greatest accomplishment is shared by any random pool boy in the Hamptons.

And me!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

I appreciate the sportsmanship I've seen on this board. 

I like the way 2 small cities(relatively speaking) like Buffalo and KC can compete with the big market teams. That's why I think the NFL kicks MLBs ass. You can’t just buy a championship in the NFL.

3 hours ago, Tim58 said:

I appreciate the sportsmanship I've seen on this board. 

I like the way 2 small cities(relatively speaking) like Buffalo and KC can compete with the big market teams. That's why I think the NFL kicks MLBs ass. You can’t just buy a championship in the NFL.

Trust me too, I was very upset when Cincy beat you guys.  I can only imagine what the boards looked like then.

Should be a fun year.

22 hours ago, teef said:

It’s amazing how consistent human nature is.  It’s funny to read some of the comments in there and you could simply insert Bills where there was the word Chiefs.  The sentiments read the same after a tough loss.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.