MNF- Raiders @ Chiefs 10-10-22

T&C

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

Every team in the league refuses to cover Kelce. I’ll never understand it 

Bit of a pick there, but yes it's amazing they don't do more of a match-up against him. Not that he can't beat that coverage but make him work for it.

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Butker was an "off the street" kicker at one point too for them...

Well, off the Carolina PS but still.

oh, wow. I did not know that! 

I will say that there are a lot of elite kickers who don’t stick until they get to their second or even third teams. It’s sort of weird, because you would think there would be no learning curve for the position. 

Just now, Scott7975 said:

What a ***** tackle attempt on Kelce lol.

He was just late getting to the ball. As a defender in the moment, you're making a decision to go for the ball or run through the receiver and I think he made the wrong decision. That close to the end zone, I think a defender should always just be running through the receiver. But it was also just great placement on the pass and spin maneuver by Kelce.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, uninja said:

This feels like Bills-Pats games of old where we’d blow our wad on the first two drives, play the first half tough and go into halftime with the game 10-10 and feeling good. 

Only to wilt in the second half and lose 31-10. 

This usually happens a few times every week on Saturdays.  You always get the valiant first half of even football...but by the time the game is over, the favorite still ends up winning by 3 TDs.

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

oh, wow. I did not know that! 

I will say that there are a lot of elite kickers who don’t stick until they get to their second or even third teams. It’s sort of weird, because you would think there would be no learning curve for the position. 

Wouldn't say it's a learning curve as much as it's getting a run of good kicks...

Initially you are not going to get the benefit of the doubt much...it would be like if a QB knew going into a game that if he had 15 incompletions he was going to get cut and replaced. 

Then they get somewhere and have a good streak to start out and end up sticking.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

This one was over when McDaniels decided to kick field goals.  You beat the Cheifs by scoring more than them not playing defense and kicking field goals 

And you don't convert 1st-and-25 checking it down.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.