Did Epenesa just earn himself the Jerry Hughes treatment?

Sherlock Holmes

Uh oh...looks like Epenesa got Hussey throwing a hussey fit with some extracurricular elbow action! (Great move by the way):wub:

My question is Jerry Hughes only bitched out a referee and forever was targeted, can we expect the same from here on out with young Epenesa? Did he just make his career that much more difficult? Discuss!

Possibly. Looked to me that AJ was moving Shaq out of the way, when Hussey pushed him, AJ had his back to Hussey, and stuck his elbow back and caught Hussey, who then lost the plot.

No doubt the NFL will side with the zebra, but imho, common sense should prevail, and Epenesa shouldn't be unduly punished, especially as he was trying to keep Shaq away from getting into it.

Imho, Hussey was a complete idiot in his actions. You don't go shoving NFL players around who can't see you, and expect no reaction.

Good referees don't get involved in that way in the first place, especially when the guy you are shoving, is trying to defuse the situation.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Possibly. Looked to me that AJ was moving Shaq out of the way, when Hussey pushed him, AJ had his back to Hussey, and stuck his elbow back and caught Hussey, who then lost the plot.

No doubt the NFL will side with the zebra, but imho, common sense should prevail, and Epenesa shouldn't be unduly punished, especially as he was trying to keep Shaq away from getting into it.

Imho, Hussey was a complete idiot in his actions. You don't go shoving NFL players around who can't see you, and expect no reaction.

Good referees don't get involved in that way in the first place, especially when the guy you are shoving, is trying to defuse the situation.

we won't hear about it, but I can see the league reprimanding Hussey in some form

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Hussey is not a good referee. Wouldn't be surprised if he initiated contact from behind on purpose to draw a reaction.

• Haha (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Just watched the replay and you described it perfectly. AJ had no clue who was pushing him.  Hussey (Steve Carell) will never be a top ref.  And yes I'm sure he'll hold a grudge on AJ from here on out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, MPT said:

Hussey should be fired. His reaction to that bump was totally unhinged and definitely personal.

Heated, but I didn't see anything intentional. AJ might see a fine. I understand Refs have a tight knit fraternity but if I were a fellow ref I'd tell Hussey, Dude! Stop being such a Little B÷+€#!

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Prolly thought it was a Steeler player, until it wasn't (oops). Plus, he was already a little hot from some after-the-whistle shoving he got the play before. 

Who is Prolly? Help me out here

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Looks like a.j said something to him that lit the fuse 

I think he did too but I also think Hussey was already out of control before AJ probably told him to keep his f*ing hands off him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

It looks like Hussy was pushing on Epensea and ep didn't realize who was pushing on him. He turned to fend him off and then realized it was a ref.

Hussy clearly a punk. 

All true, Epenesa used his elbow but never really made contact, but he hung around and said something and that made Hussy throw his hat for the penalty.  

I doubt Eppy said "Sorry Ref, didn't see you" which was the only smart thing he could have said at that point.  

• Haha (+1) 1

meat-head Ref had to be pulled back from other refs from going after a player.  Ref should be suspended.  AJ didn't know he was elbowing a ref when trying to get Lawson out of there.  If you are a ref and can't handle inadvertent contact without loosing it, you shouldn't be a ref.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

QFT

I personally have some faith that the Bills will take the situation up with the league and point out “hey, our guy was trying to defuse the situation and take his buddy away, he had no reason to believe the guy shoving him was a ref, he had no intention to throw an elbow at a ref” with pics.  

Hopefully they have some cred, and Epenesa will make some amends somehow and not make a habit of this.

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Uh oh...looks like Epenesa got Hussey throwing a hussey fit with some extracurricular elbow action! (Great move by the way):wub:

My question is Jerry Hughes only bitched out a referee and forever was targeted, can we expect the same from here on out with young Epenesa? Did he just make his career that much more difficult? Discuss!

I share your concern but I think Hughes had a years-long pattern with multiple refs that earned him ref purgatory, not just that one B word-out moment.

Jerry had a pattern to transition into a scary guy Kyle Williams called “Gary” when his fuse got lit

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.