Steelers @ Bills Postgame Thread

Simon

4 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

FINE???   He couldn't cover anything thrown his way and has tackling was terrible!  Why do you want to cover him up?

Yes Fine. He is a Rookie CB. He has been playing since week 1. And has been fine. I am sorry you think a guy that is learning the zone concepts and how to play zone on the fly in the NFL in game 5 is something to B word about. 

he is fine 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

The Bills offense is #1 in the league and the defense is #2.

So, with 12 games left to go there is still time for the D to get their **** together, but they need to start taking these games seriously.

Edit:  Also, the Bills have scored the most points in the NFL, which they’ve also chased that with being tied for giving up the least points in the League.

Honestly, wow with this team.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes Fine. He is a Rookie CB. He has been playing since week 1. And has been fine. I am sorry you think a guy that is learning the zone concepts and how to play zone on the fly in the NFL in game 5 is something to B word about. 

he is fine 

Steelers were clearly targeting him. He did get exposed a bit. Outside the INT he wasn't very good. I agree w/ you he's definitely learning & will improve. He'll be fine long term. But KC will watch this tape & I fear he could be in for a long day next week. Mahomes will see him as a weak link & attack him. We'll find out if he's up for the task. 🤞 Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The Bills offense is #1 in the league and the defense is #2.

So, with 12 games left to go there is still time for the D to get their **** together, but they need to start taking these games seriously.

Edit:  Also, the Bills have scored the most points in the NFL, which they’ve also chased that with being tied for giving up the least points in the League.

Honestly, wow with this team.

If KC scores > 23 points tonight, the Bills will be second on O. 

27 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Steelers were clearly targeting him. He did get exposed a bit. Outside the INT he wasn't very good. I agree w/ you he's definitely learning & will improve. He'll be fine long term. But KC will watch this tape & I fear he could be in for a long day next week. Mahomes will see him as a weak link & attack him. We'll find out if he's up for the task. 🤞 Go Bills!

Fine KC doesn’t have the newest Freak WR either. Pickens is going to be elite. Elam is in a foreign scheme and learning on the fly concepts he never played. He will be fine. KC lock him man on man and watch his skill. 

6 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

FINE???   He couldn't cover anything thrown his way and has tackling was terrible!  Why do you want to cover him up?

I don’t know what you’re expecting from Elam? He’s not gonna go full Darrell Revis and embarrass WRs week in week out. Pickens is good, like really good. Pickett is also, despite being a rookie, quite accurate and decisive. He throws a good ball. 

Yeah, Steelers offense marched up and down the field between the 20s but couldn’t do ***** when it mattered. Classic bend, don’t break. Box score tells you everything you need to know. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TBBills said:

That was the replay... Josh said he was knocked down and didn't know what happened till he heard the crowd roar and he stood back up.

When you watch the replay Allen steps up in the pocket for the throw right into the face of a Steeler LB and takes a big lick as the ball leaves his hand.  That the threw that pass 45 yards INTO THE WIND on target was amazing.

8 minutes ago, uninja said:

I don’t know what you’re expecting from Elam? He’s not gonna go full Darrell Revis and embarrass WRs week in week out. Pickens is good, like really good. Pickett is also, despite being a rookie, quite accurate and decisive. He throws a good ball. 

Yeah, Steelers offense marched up and down the field between the 20s but couldn’t do ***** when it mattered. Classic bend, don’t break. Box score tells you everything you need to know. 

it’s like we were playing a soft zone so they couldn’t get long chunk plays and Elam was playing off and not getting burned. 

Steelers have wrs who can make plays and we knew they couldn’t keep up so don’t give them any freebies 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mikemac2001 said:

it’s like we were playing a soft zone so they couldn’t get long chunk plays and Elam was playing off and not getting burned. 

Steelers have wrs who can make plays and we knew they couldn’t keep up so don’t give them any freebies 

Agree 100%.  What we saw yesterday was by design. And even if Pitt makes those FG's they score less then 10 points.

I’m sure this is discussed elsewhere, but too many pages to look through.

On the play where Pickett was sacked & hit w a 15 yard post play penalty Epenesa was also hit w a post possession 15 yarder. Why didn’t the Bills get the ball at the spot of the sack? Instead they were backed up. Seems like one penalty was ignored and one assessed. Why?

• SDS unpinned this topic

LMAO!! The reason why the return guy who fumbled on the first kickoff for the Steelers was in there in the first place? Nantz and Romo said the normal return guy, Sims, had an eye issue in pre-game and wasn't able return kicks(although he did after the other player fumbled the first one), but we had no insight as to what actually happened...

Well, coming straight from the horses mouth...

"Kenny threw a ball, I was catching the ball, it came straight through my hands and it just decked me dead in the eye, right with the point of the ball,” Sims explained.

So a professional WR in the NFL got hurt due to getting hit in the eye from a ball thrown to him that he was supposed to catch...SMFH.  

Not quite as bad as a QB being out from slipping on a mat after practice, but still...

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/guess-how-sims-got-hurt.29396/

• Haha (+1) 1

The Gabe Davis TD (the second one where he took Fitzpatrick’s manhood) is instant top 10 catch in Bills history for me. 

He had no right to end up with that ball, and while “tie goes to the runner” he wasn’t risking that and just fully and completely dominated that situation. Watching the replay, it’s unreal that he ended up with that ball. 100% effort and a play 99% of players can’t make. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

The Gabe Davis TD (the second one where he took Fitzpatrick’s manhood) is instant top 10 catch in Bills history for me. 

He had no right to end up with that ball, and while “tie goes to the runner” he wasn’t risking that and just fully and completely dominated that situation. Watching the replay, it’s unreal that he ended up with that ball. 100% effort and a play 99% of players can’t make. 

It's also been his Achilles heel (besides his actual heel), fighting for the ball at the catch point - was a huge play for him and for the team.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

Interesting!  Why?

I think Heineke and Tyrod are both tweeners between being a low end starter and good back up. Heineke had a great season stepping in off the bench last year. Both are also pretty mobile and keeps a little bit of that wrinkle in the offense. I would feel OK with both those guys coming in for a 5 game stretch and being able to hand the reigns back over to Josh at 3-2. 

Honestly, I forgot Keenum existed when I was thinking about QB2 in Buffalo which isn't a great endorsement. He would have likely been 6-7 had I put together a QB2 wish list. That is still pretty good in terms of backup QB's, but not what I was hoping for. 

12 hours ago, TBBills said:

That was the replay... Josh said he was knocked down and didn't know what happened till he heard the crowd roar and he stood back up.

I did see a replay from the end zone Gabe scored in that showed him still running (tough to tell from that angle how far out, maybe 20-30 yard line) and you can see Spencer Brown flexing towards the crowd (or the Steelers D) in the other end zone

6 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

There was a lot of discussion on the Hamlin hit in here. Because the Bills didn't have much NFL film on Kenny Pickett, they probably had to rely on college film. Pickett has this crap on his college film and it's going to get him killed in the NFL.

That exact play is the reason they changed the rules THAT WEEK and arent allowed to do that anymore. But great call digging this up.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I think Heineke and Tyrod are both tweeners between being a low end starter and good back up. Heineke had a great season stepping in off the bench last year. Both are also pretty mobile and keeps a little bit of that wrinkle in the offense. I would feel OK with both those guys coming in for a 5 game stretch and being able to hand the reigns back over to Josh at 3-2. 

Honestly, I forgot Keenum existed when I was thinking about QB2 in Buffalo which isn't a great endorsement. He would have likely been 6-7 had I put together a QB2 wish list. That is still pretty good in terms of backup QB's, but not what I was hoping for. 

I think that you are right, but should you have been a part of the Reich years, I think that the drop off between JA17 and other options is significant.  Tyrod, to his credit, was not EJM or any of those guys.  But he wasn't good enough.  Heineke?  Well... same.

If JA17 goes down, and I hope that he doesn't (because this is turning out to be a special year potentially), this team is cooked.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.