Dwayne Haskins killed [Edit: struck by vehicle]

FireChans

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Yea not far from where I currently live live. Sadly this and train accidents happen far too often here.

Any particular reason why?

14 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Very sad.  

Adam Schefter needs a reality check.  He's a parody of a reporter and has been acting like he's bigger than the sport he covers. I can't stand this guy. 

I'm thinking Schefter had a "reality check" delivered and that's why he deleted the tweet and tried again.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Any particular reason why?

No idea, just seems like people more often than not think they can outrun the train, a few were cyclists that had headphones on and didn't hear the train and went around the rails.

Other than that I think just b.c it's extremely busy area, and only going to get worse with the additions of all the new apartment buildings going up.

Edited by TBBills

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

No idea, just seems like people more often than not think they can outrun the train, a few were cyclists that had headphones on and didn't hear the train and went around the rails.

Other than that I think just b.c it's extremely busy area, and only going to get worse with the additions of all the new apartment buildings going up.

Shefter said on tv that he was getting out of his car and was hit by another car. Was it like a highway situation?

53 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

How terrible I used to live in South Florida a lot of the drivers down there did not even have a license or speak English very dangerous

What does English fluency have to do with the ability to drive a car?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

just drawing some inferences here, but maybe he was out on an early morning run. Wonder if the sun was an issue with the sight lines for the driver?

That said, there are way too many dump truck accidents. Dangerous vehicle and bad drivers. My cousin was in a bad wreck in Florida last month, where the dump truck struck a bunch of cars (driver of the truck died).

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...Trubisky must be devastated...the only reason he was there was on his invitation. Wonder what type of mental and emotional toll that takes on him this year.

A car accident can happen to anyone so I'm sure he'll feel bad for a human being and teammate dying.  Imagine being the Browns' LB who gave his brother a Benz and was killed in a home invasion over it?

17 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

just drawing some inferences here, but maybe he was out on an early morning run. Wonder if the sun was an issue with the sight lines for the driver?

That said, there are way too many dump truck accidents. Dangerous vehicle and bad drivers. My cousin was in a bad wreck in Florida last month, where the dump truck struck a bunch of cars (driver of the truck died).

No, car was sounding like it was having troubles on highway I-595.

Edited by EersN'Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Too young 

Schefter deleted the struggling tweet what an ####### 

When Schefter dies there will be a lot of tweets on how he was struggling to be a professional journalist writing on whatever info he could find even if it was restricted medical information or "unnamed informed sources" he made up.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

When Schefter dies there will be a lot of tweets on how he was struggling to be a professional journalist writing on whatever info he could find even if it was restricted medical information or "unnamed informed sources" he made up.

Oh, jeesh, I'd forgotten that.  Was he the one who leaked Jason P-P's private medical information?  If so, Yeah.

3 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I hope he wasn't walking along the side of the interstate. There is no room to walk there.

The police always tell you to stay in your car and call for help

Great, here come the judgements. 

The man's dead.  RIP. 

• Disagree 2

So very sad, prayers to his loved ones,

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was so freaking good in college. 

😥

I would agree with that. I would goof on him in here & other OSU QB's in here, but only in fun cause their program is so excellent. He was a great Buckeye.

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Shefter said on tv that he was getting out of his car and was hit by another car. Was it like a highway situation?

Had to be, no one in their right mind would just go walking around there... I've been through there and its busy as *****.

"Florida Highway Patrol is working a fatal vehicle vs pedestrian crash on westbound I-595 at I-95. Westbound lanes of I-595 will remain closed during this investigation."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.