Brandon Bean Press Conference

Warcodered

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

Does this PC mean he’s done wheeling and dealing?

I don’t think so. 

There was a question about the cap and he said “we’re right up on it” which prompted a follow up of “do you need to make some additional moves to get that backup QB and fill some other holes you mentioned?” 

He said “no, I already have those cap numbers factored in. I’m just now sure what we officially have on the books publicly yet.” 

• Like (+1) 1

so washington kept trying to negotiate after the agent said it was over? im guessing they reached out to mckissic directly behind the agents back and told him they were offering more money thus forcing the agent to take the higher deal? idk how else it would happen.

Edited by GETTOTHE50
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Does this PC mean he’s done wheeling and dealing?

He is ALWAYS wheeling and dealing.

But I think we're done acquiring any names or starters and any dealing left is to fill out the camp roster with depth.

(Now that I said that, cue Stephon Gilmore announcement in 3...2...)

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He is ALWAYS wheeling and dealing.

But I think we're done acquiring any names or starters and any dealing left is to fill out the camp roster with depth.

(Now that I said that, cue Stephon Gilmore announcement in 3...2...)

I don’t think so. We still very much need a competent back up QB and a starting CB. 
But I have no idea how we’ll pay them🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

He’s having a hard time pulling punches when they ask question about McKissic and the Commanders. I’ve never seen him like that. 

It sounds like that relationship may be fractured. 

I was hoping he’d say ‘yeah, F*** THOSE GUYS!’

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

He said “no, I already have those cap numbers factored in. I’m just now sure what we officially have on the books publicly yet.” 

Is Beane and the Pegs going the Kraft route and paying people "under the table" like they did with Tommy Boy all those years?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ll do it… looking for a bathrobe 

That’s for sharing that. I’ve never seen Brandon Beane that upset. Looked up who the GM of Washingtonnis and it’s a real sleezebag Martin Mayhew. Not surprised he would do a sleezebag move like that. 

51 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Was he talking The Bachelor with whoever approached the podium afterward? 😂 

He was talking about the analogy that Von Miller used in his introductory conference about moving on from LA and coming to Buffalo.

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

so washington kept trying to negotiate after the agent said it was over? im guessing they reached out to mckissic directly behind the agents back and told him they were offering more money thus forcing the agent to take the higher deal? idk how else it would happen.

100% they had to have reached out McKissic directly. Beane was clear, he cleared the agent. 

When a reporter asked Beane about Levi Wallace, he said (paraphrasing here - not an exact quote): "That's where it gets hard. Sometimes you tie up money in one player, maybe you're out on some other players, then that player backs out."

I wonder if the Bills decided to sign McKissic over Wallace, and when he backed out, Wallace had already committed to Pittsburgh 🤷‍♂️

nothing forces the agent but the player. you're right that washington likely reached out directly to JD. and when washington told him they'd match the Bills offer, JD called his agents and said "Call Washington's GM. I'm staying in DC"

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

nothing forces the agent but the player. you're right that washington likely reached out directly to JD. and when washington told him they'd match the Bills offer, JD called his agents and said "Call Washington's GM. I'm staying in DC"

Apparently Washington didn’t offer at all until he agreed with the Bills.

I actually think Washington changed after the negative reaction to letting him walk for a small contract.

• Agree 1

Either that or the agent was talking out of both sides of his mouth which wouldn't surprise me.  Either way, both the player and the agent are probably on Beane's blacklist.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

He’s having a hard time pulling punches when they ask question about McKissic and the Commanders. I’ve never seen him like that. 

It sounds like that relationship may be fractured. 

WFT is a classless organization. Just ask their former cheerleaders.

And you thought the Jill's were done wrong.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don’t think so. We still very much need a competent back up QB and a starting CB. 

I think an extension for Diggs and Edmunds would give us room this year, or am I wrong?

I also have a feeling eith Basham, Epenesa or both could be traded to a team heavy in CB's but light on the d-line.

Edited by Beast

28 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Either that or the agent was talking out of both sides of his mouth which wouldn't surprise me.  Either way, both the player and the agent are probably on Beane's blacklist.

From what Sal reported I'd say Bean puts most of the blame on the WTFs FO.

35 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Also was Beane implying in the presser that they may have resigned Levi had there never been a tentative agreement for McKissic?

• Like (+1) 1

Beane was/ is furious at the WCs. He was choosing every word carefully. Was so relaxed answering all the other questions, but oh so much more controlled during those q's.  Was careful to clear the agent and then put the blame simply at "the other club".

Seething.

Edited by Simstim
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Simstim said:

Beane was/ is furious at the WCs. He was choosing every word carefully. Was so relaxed answering all the other questions, but oh so much more controlled during those q's.  Was careful to clear the agent and then put the blame simply at "the other club".

Seething.

I have always liked Beane as being a straight shooter type guy when he talks to the media. He's clearly a wheeler dealer and all business GM. Hearing he speak regarding the deal having fallen through with McKissic is one of those times when I trusted every word he said and Mad? He was, he is, and he spoke clearly his displeasure. Screw that team.

Edited by muppy
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, muppy said:

I have always liked Beane as being a straight shooter type guy when he talks to the media. He's clearly a wheeler dealer and all business GM. Hearing he speak regarding the deal having fallen through with McKissic is one of those times when I trusted every word I said and Mad? He was, he is, and he spoke clearly his displeasure. Screw that team.

Of all the people at 1BD, Beane's the one I'd most like to go for a beer with.

Says it all for me.

Edited by Simstim
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

It wasn't for more money

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Beane said further things were already factored into the cap, but he didn't know how much was out in public yet.

4 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

It wasn't for more money

Same overall $$ and length, but it may have been for more guaranteed money.  More than half his money with the Commanders is guaranteed. 

There could also be more incentives, or they could be easier to earn

43 minutes ago, Lost said:

Also was Beane implying in the presser that they may have resigned Levi had there never been a tentative agreement for McKissic?

Well, it's a fact that Levi signed with the Stillers for $8M with a $2.5M cap hit this season and $2.9M guaranteed

And it's a fact that the contract the Bills offered McKissic was $7M plus $1M in incentives and could well have had a similar or greater cap hit.

1 hour ago, junior said:

When a reporter asked Beane about Levi Wallace, he said (paraphrasing here - not an exact quote): "That's where it gets hard. Sometimes you tie up money in one player, maybe you're out on some other players, then that player backs out."

I wonder if the Bills decided to sign McKissic over Wallace, and when he backed out, Wallace had already committed to Pittsburgh 🤷‍♂️

I think that's probably what happened, and that's one of the reasons why Beane is so pissed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.